Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Romance (Haku and Wiki234)

haku_81

Supernova
It was Monday, April 9th, the first day of a new school year. Sakura Mikoto being a second year was able to coast through the day. However she also had to deal with something that happened on occasion the year before. Behind the shoe lockers was a small group of second years, 2 boys and 2 girls, one of whom looked especially nervous. Inside Sakura's shoe locker was a letter with a heart shaped sticker on it. She took it out and immediately tore it in two, throwing it into the trash. The boy that was clearly trying to confess to her sunk to his knees in defeat, his friends unanimously half laughing and half comforting him. At least one girl patting his back while snickering.

She took out a manga after she went to her class, 2-B, and took her seat, which was close to the back in the middle. As per usual, she spent her off time reading. Today's manga was action.

The life of a highschooler, now being shoved into the all new and crazy twists and turns that this new life would throw at him. The struggles of being one of the people having to ask out a girl he would like if he even eventually found, the struggles of breakups though to him he could care less whether they stopped dating or not, and of course the schedule itself being that everyone would be thrown into more than class at once now with more homework than middle school.

Riku soon shuffled inside into the building as he went to the lockers and switched his shoes, slipping them on as he looked around with a stretch and a sigh. Even already there was a few girls he thought were cute but seemed otherwise uninteresting to him in one way or another for now, and also the doubt they would be in the same class. Walking down the hall he found his new class of 2-B and most of his new classmates already there as riku put his hands in his pockets and walked past one of the girls sitting in the back, but turning to take the seat that was one ahead and to the right of her with no real reason then wanting to take a middle seat.

" seems you like that stuff too...." he started with the girl reading the manga, " so I guess everything will be harder now being in a new school like this and a new grade names riku...." laying one elbow on the desk and one on the chair beside him as he sat sideways in his seat to face her and read the cover as well as some of the back of the manga itself to guess what it was.

It took her a minute, but eventually Sakura realized someone was talking to her?
"Hm? Oh. Yes. It's fun..... New school? So you're a transfer student? Welcome to Tokuzawa then. The people are nice here"
She didn't really look up at him much, just glances, as she was still focused more on reading. She turned the page, then lifted the manga and turned it a bit so he could easily see the front and back. The first class of the year started however...but she didn't put the manga away, instead she just kept reading it flat on her desk. The teacher, a pretty young man with short and clean black hair came in. He did all the standard first day of school things, then it was time for the students to introduce themselves. Everything went smoothly and rather blandly, until the teacher called out Sakura's name.

Teacher-Mikoto, Sakura.......Mikoto, Sakura......MIKOTO-SAN!
He threw a piece of chalk and it hit her square in the forehead. Aside from a few students applauding his keen aim, this finally evoked a reaction from her.
"Nu!" She squeaked and touched her forehead, finally looking up*
Teacher-am i going to have you causing trouble with your excessive reading AGAIN Mikoto-san?
"Sorry sensei" Every word she spoke was monotone, even when apologizing.
Teacher-please introduce yourself then.
"Yes" She stood up, and then introduced herself, after the quiet giggling died down of course.
"My name is Sakura Mikoto. I enjoy reading and hope to have a fun year with you all" She bowed and the students clapped, then she sat back down. A few students later it was Riku's turn.

He smiled seeing that he at least succeeded at pushing himself to talk to someone even for a moment, but being better that for now he didn't have to be his usual quiet self like he had been in all the other times of being in school and now here on his first day starting his new life as a highachooler. Soon he sat down as the teacher finally arrived before as expected introductions would be taking place as well as the small lecture to make friends and keep each other in check in and out of class.

As everyone stood up, his turn would eventually come as Riku stood up and cleared his throat for the moment before he began, " I'm happy to meet you all, my name is Riku takazawa and one thing about me is I like playing and listening to music..I hope we can all be friends and have an awesome and fun year together." With that he gave a small now and sat down as he took a notebook and pencil out, leaning back as he heard the rest of the introductions before class would eventually start.

Teacher-alright, i guess it's my turn now that all of you have finished. As i said before, my name is Minoru Takeuchi. I'm 25 and this is my second year teaching. It's nice to meet all of you. Now, let's get to the first lesson of this year Mikoto-san put the manga AWAY.
She looked up and then put her manga away, actually paying attention for the remainder of the class. The first class ended and as soon as Takeuchi-sensei left, the students started chatting with each other, many of them already having friends. Sakura already had her manga back out. Nobody seemed to attempt to speak with her, but nobody took the initiative to talk to Riku either.

Soon the classes had started and eventually ended as the students started to slowly pack up and move out to continue their busy day. The boy sighed and looked over at sakura already starting to read her manga again as he walked over to her, " well it's time to go then, unless you want to maybe hang out for bit of your not busy or just talk about stuff..." not really knowing what to really do when it seemed that for now he was the only one actively making the moves. " I'm happy we can be friends and I'm also happy to help with anything you else you might need. Maybe someone to help you study of just hang out with or something like that..." scratching the back of his neck Riku felt a bit nervous, " I'm not really one to talk much to anyone either but I'm hoping that me and you could talk casually like this if we can...."

As he spoke Sakura didn't look away from her manga. Instead she finished the page she was reading, turned it, THEN looked up at him.
"Where am I going? My next class is math so i need to stay in class. I don't go to a different class until PE, right after math..... When you said you were new, did you mean new to japan?.... Welcome to Japan, I hope you enjoy living in this country"
She bowed and went back to reading, then she stopped.
"Wait. You said we were friends?" She put her book down and looked up at him, for once her expression changing....well, a little bit at least. Her lips were in a slightly different configuration, and her head had a little tilt to it. This probably meant she didn't understand something, but anyone who wasn't paying enough attention probably wouldn't notice it at all. It made her look, a bit cuter in a way.

" well mostly yeah..." feeling a bit weird admitting that. " well you could have ignored me or said something before when I came in and said hi like most people do. Some people just want to be left alone and I know you did want to just read so I didn't bother you. But I mean just simply saying hi to a new person like me just made me smile for the moment." shrugging as he didnt really know how to say in a simpler way. " I'm sorry if I really sound stupid, and actually I have PE next too so I guess it's weird we have two classes at the same time. So then can I be friends with sakura and be someone to help her have a good school year?" Giving a smile as held his arm out into a fist in front of him to her to give her a fist bump of agreement that they could be friends and get through the year together. " Riku Takazawa is happy to help a friend in need, just ask me anything and I'll be glad to help..."

Sakura looked at him, then down at the fist he presented. She looked at her own hand as she balled it into a fist too, then gently bumped it to his. Looking at them side by side, she had pretty small hands.
"I've never had a friend in high school before.... Hm"
She smiled, just a little one, but still a smile. She actually put her manga away now and looked at him.
"So...would you like to eat lunch together then? I usually just eat alone"
She never stopped the monotone voice, and her smile returned to being stoic, but for some reason she seemed....brighter. Like she was happier on the inside. Then again that could also be what happens when her attention isn't split between people and her manga. Better to assume the former though.
"My lunches are usually too big to eat alone anyway, so i can split some with you if you want too"

“ same but I guess not anymore for either of us now...” already excited right now to have a better school year having even simply just one friend now that he hoped they could hang out with and learn more about each other as well as share some stupid and funny moments as well. “ sure I can do that split...” leaning against the side of her desk a bit as he didn’t want to really stand before sitting down at his own desk seeing that the teacher should come soon. Eventually the class would start again as riku leaned back and relaxed as they waited, before taking his pencil and starting after the teacher was done with all the introductions.

"Lunch is just after PE, so once you're done changing after class ends, we can meet under the sakura tree behind the school."
The teacher showed up and welcomed the students, then began teaching today's math lesson. Sakura managed not to read her manga again, though she didn't seem to be paying that much attention either. Not exactly unusual math would bore her, considering over half the class looked tired after about 5 seconds. That class seemed to pass by rather quickly. Possibly due to the teacher being rather energetic and easy to like, which considering he must've been in his forties was pretty rare for a teacher. It wasn't quite enough to make the subject matter exciting and fun, but he at least kept people awake and engaged.

Sakura gathered her things pretty quickly, then left to change for PE. She practically disappeared too once she was out of the room. She went to the girl's locker room and changed into her gym uniform, which at this school was a standard white shirt and for the boys, black shorts, for the girls, dark blue bloomers. Since she got there so quickly she had time to just sit around outside until class started. She sat against a wall overlooking the track field, hugging her legs to her chest.

Riku gave a small nod as the class had finally ended as Riku slowly moved through the busy students walking out as well, turning to head out finally into the bright and blinding sun before back into the building to the boys locker room so he could change and start his first day of PE as well. It was crazy that it felt bigger than most of the outdoor track area and the track itself that he had done before growing up as he felt like those were already big of course by themselves when he was younger as well. Finally he walked out with most of the other boys though standing a bit away from the crowd as they didn’t seem to pay attention to him and that of course he didn’t really know anyone as well or see anyone who would even want to try and talk to him.

With a sigh Riku stretched his arms before turning around to take in everything around him so there would be a chance he could somewhat get used to everything around him a bit quicker.

Class started shortly after Riku and the rest of the boys arrived, and two teachers, a guy and a girl, both arrived and gathered all the students.
Guy-Ok, for the first day, we're going to be doing something simple.
the class, well at least the obvious "non-sporty" people, all cheered in glee. Sakura didn't, but that didn't really say whether she was sporty or not.
Girl-We're doing some sprints.
The same people collectively groaned. Based on the teachers' smirks, it looks like they planned this. Regardless of the protest, they split the class into boys and girls, and each was told to just make a group near the sprinting track.
Guy-Ok, we're doing a 60 meter sprint. I'll call up two boys to race, then two girls will go, and so on.
Girl-Everyone be careful not to hurt yourselves. I know how lazy you were since school ended last year.

A few boys went, then a few girls without anything exactly special happening. Then what must have been an interesting pairing was called up. Riku, and some boy named Hirose. Then after Riku had taken his spot, Hirose walked up....to the cheer of many of the girls, as well as the boys saying how badly Riku was gonna lose. It was pretty easy to see why once Hirose was stood next to him. He was tall even for a guy. He couldn't possibly be a second year.
(For appearance and scale http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JAmnmHyOL.jpg )
Hirose-good luck man.

Riku did a bit of stretches and took a few deeps breaths, closing his eyes for a moment as his chest puffed in and out as he took his breaths before standing there and waiting a bit before finally being called up. He walked with a sigh as he bent forward a bit and waited to see the other much taller boy with him as they just needed to wait for the signal now, a glance from Riku before turning it back to the track in front of him. “ screw off...” he thought with a sigh before turning to the other boy again as he heard what he said. “ fine...”

With that he took a deep breath before running off as he easily took off a few meters a head of him already as Riku breathed out and relaxed himself more so he could keep his speed and not get tired too fast now.

Hirose readied himself too, then as soon as they were given the signal to start he took off like a bullet. He looked at Riku and smiled after seeing how fast he was. It was a surprisingly close race, and the entire class was shocked that he kept pace so well, but Hirose managed to pull ahead just enough at the end. By the end he had his hands on his knees and was panting. Then he looked up at Riku and offered his hand for a high five.
Hirose-damn..phew, you're fast. Careful when the clubs start recruiting, you might get mobbed.

Riku started his slow breathing again seeing as it didn’t seem he really use that much energy at all since the boy was barely sweating compared to Hirose. “ can’t believe you basically screw yourself with that run. You’ll be tired as hell later....doubt it anyway. No one here even cares whether I beat you or not anyway...” knowing the stupid cheers from earlier as he crossed his arms and turn away to sit down but doing that of course after he gave him a slow high five as he didn’t really care right now. With that he sat down and leaned back wondering what to even do but luckily already feeling hungry.

Hirose-Well, i'm not really a runner. I'm just fast because i'm tall. In terms of distance most of the track team can kick my butt. I'm guessing you're into track? Riku right? Nice to meet ya. I'm Hirose Yuushin, a third year. We should probably get back to the others, eh?
The both of them got back to the other students, and a bunch of guys immediately pat Riku on the back, complimenting him on how fast he was. Then a few pairs later it was Sakura's turn, and she was racing against a girl from a different class. They both took their places, and from the position they were in, Riku, along with the people around him, had a pretty nice view of both girl's butts in their bloomers, though most people were looking at the girl Sakura was racing.

Then the teacher gave the start signal and the girl took off at a fairly average speed, however Sakura..... was really quite slow. It wasn't even close as Sakura lagged quite a bit behind the other girl. After Sakura finally got to the end Hirose shouted
Hirose-good try Sakura-san! You were way faster than last year!
She walked back and just sat down so she could watch the other people race, passing Hirose, who ruffled her hair with a smile. After he did Sakura bowed to him lightly then sat down. It didn't look like she was upset at all she lost, and didn't look like anyone in the class including the teachers were surprised at her speed, but looking closely her ears where a tad bit red.

Watching boredly after walking back to relaxed, he mostly ignored the others around him accept for the other boy of course as he still sat there not really thinking about anutjing than eating and getting out to go back home of course later on though. Riku soon turned a bit to glance over a Sakura wondering what she would be doing for the moment before turning back with a tired sigh still just waiting for things to be done, not really wanting to pay attention to anything around him right now.

The rest of the students ran one after another, then as soon as class ended Sakura went off to get changed, then of course lunch started, so she went ahead to their meeting place. Once she got to the Sakura tree, which wasn't in bloom unfortunately, she sat beneath it and once again took her manga out, reading it as she waited for Riku to arrive.

As class finally ended, Riku went over to change and now being able to have something to eat and being that it was strangely awesome to be sharing it with a girl that he had just met. Riku has always thought of the reactions people had anytime it was involving a girl with the fact that it was one of the big things in high school in being able to even have a girlfriend. At least he had the dumb possibility but still he would anyway not caring at all about rejection. Eventually moving back outside from the lockers he walked around the school behind the trees to see the same now familiar face waiting for him as he walked over quietly.

"Hello Riku-san. Glad this place was easy to find... Not that's it's hard to find in general though. Here, we should eat"
She reached into her bag, and took out a bento box. It was a big larger than a normal bento, but was far from excessive. She opened it and inside was a healthy and quite well made lunch. Rice, some fruits and an assortment of little hot dogs cut into little octopi shapes. It was all very cleanly arranged. Clearly whoever made it was quite the cook. She took out some chop sticks, then paused for a moment and took out a second pair, offering them to Riku.

"I'm guessing you don't have chop sticks on you? I have an extra pair. Here"
She gave him the chop sticks then started eating from the bento, holding it so he could sit beside her and just take as he pleased.

“Hey...” responding as he continued to walk toward her and sitting down beside the other before leaning back to relax. “ never done this before, but it’s cool...”pointing to the fact that he had never done something simple of sharing something with a friend as he didn’t really have any growing up and especially saying that he knew peoples names and faces than calling them actual friends but hoping now they both could call each other true friends and maybe even something more if he could even do it. Taking the chopsticks, Riku stared at the food for a moment before starting to eat as he was being smart and imagining how much he could take so they could share equally. Taking one of the little hotdogs and starting to finally eat but still being quiet as he didn’t know what to really talk about with her.

She ate slowly, just a bit at a time.
"You run really fast. I didn't think anyone other than the track team could keep pace with Hirose-san. You looked cool when you ran..... I probably looked silly, huh? Running isn't exactly my skill. Since you're so good at running, are you going to join the track team?"
As she spoke she slowly ate, and as she did she started taking food at a slower and slower pace.

“ well there’s a really simple trick to running, after learning it...well I remember last time that my best mile time was around five minutes and I wasn’t even really tired...” giving an old experience as he took another bite of the food before thinking again. “ don’t really know, don’t want to really run everyday like that...” thinking for a moment as he would rather do what they wanted from classes than doing it outside like the track team did. “ I could probably help if you want...”

"No thanks. I don't really enjoy running anyway. If you don't wanna join the track team you should probably hide for your life on club day. They'll be after you like piranha. I know a pretty good place they don't go, so try to survive long enough so i can get you there"
By this point she had stopped taking from the bento entirely.
"So if you don't like to run, what is it you enjoy doing?"

Back
Top Bottom