Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

News from the Rose

Coordinating the seamstress, beautician and hairdresser stresses me. Afraid the new hairdresser will also dump me. (dumb first world problems bonjour)

I'm in the 200 top list in my fav game. OMG

A teacher told me she has female students addicted to Fortnite. Well, in "my times" I felt so alone with video games esp in my country where gaming isn't in the culture. Now I see the new generation is different. I still get comments (good or bad) with people my generation. A boy once told me I was the first he met and it was strange in a good way. You can replace gaming with sci fi and stuff.

Rant of the day:

It's ok to like a character who isn't so good. It's even ok to like a villain (meaning a character here). You don't have to justify what he did, and I personally HATE when the show or the remake "cleans up" whatever the hero/main character actually did. Think Ross in Poldark and the infamous Scene. It was fine to leave it as was in the book.
(it generally goes with dirtying the villain - think old school mafia type who's mega faithful to his wife suddenly is a slut in the remake and he also enjoys torturing kids while in the book he feeds them)
People cannot handle a villain with some good traits or a hero with some bad ones nowadays as it makes them THINK and that's bad.
I also hate when they ban a book because the main character is too disturbing (think Rage btw in that case please ban Apt Pupil also). That might be me being French.
How interesting that it comes on a page named like that and with this character's pic.
Official George Warleggan Trash

I may be later than usual in my replies though it shouldn't reach the 1-week limit. Organizing a huge family event. Also I dropped my jewelry box and my shoes hurt but that's one more reason I have to wear them before the party.

The party rocks. The shoes hurt. The dress is gorg. Blue, flary. I'm wearing my white and pink pearls and usual jewelry. Wish I could post my hairdo and make up, love them. I chose well and I'm sure the meanie hairdresser that dropped me wouldn't have done any better.

Hated how some guys got drunk and started yelling at each other about playing cards. I also found it so annoying that they didn't want women playing. I insisted and one of those told my date he shouldn't "let me" speak that way, then he made a slapping gesture with his hand toward my date as if to mean, here's what to do. "Normally men in suspenders don't tolerate that kind", he claimed.
I said "N'importe quoi" and he told me "hold your tongue" and that's when someone told him to calm down. I wanted to use some Gilead reference but my crowd doesn't really know Handmaid's tale. My Nasty-Aunt said something very clever, who are those guys to speak about women when they won't listen to them, look at them and don't like them.

I WILL ADMIT I prefer this to the previous event where those old pervs were after me and "my beauty" and how we should both (me and my beauty :rolleyes:) sit down next to them.

Teens asking you to do their make up or pulling you into their dancing, in the middle, is the real life equivalent of saying "best comment ever", "did you make this meme" or "join my league". It means you are kewl but you may need a life/grown up.

Today mom and I went to a salon de thé to destress after two days of heavy celebrating. The lady recognized me from online and wants me to present "my book" (which?) NEXT WEEK. I panicked lol I said no, my mom said later. It's not even my first speech, I have no problem speaking in public… I also found a message from a journalist who wants to write about my book. (some dumb guy at the salon told me to stand straight and smile. WTF.)

So yeah, watching a movie in a time period you are very knowledgeable about can be annoying because you'll analyze every single glitch. Hairdos, attitudes, words used… One of the versions was German with Italian subtitles which messed with my head, but was better than Portuguese with Thai subtitles. Finally found it in English sans subtitles but then German and French pronounciations were cringe worthy. Also someone commented "great but as usual sad". LOL. This is a French movie about WW2 what do you expect

Aaaaand absent again. I'll be abroad for heavy family reasons and unsure about internet. Couple days.

Aaand back. Exhausted but worth it, it was kinda depressing but also inspiring. No kuddos for the pervy businessmen at the business hotel though. Really some people can't keep their eyes and sleazy laughter to themselves. Ended up bored in my room, trying to get the TV channels to not remain blocked on what seemed to be Baden-Würtemberg news (but at least I could make sure my German was still present and the accent was most clear).

Last edited:
Who doesn't like being told "choose what you want" in a jewel shop. Yet this doesn't replace apologizing and stuff.

So I spent 5 hours modeling make up and nails (face and hands) for someone. Lots of fun, very long though. She said I have just the right features for this and it's a pleasure to work on me and with me. Yay? lol.

One of the pics got stolen and found its way on some sites, though I actually don't lose much since I'm not the makeup artist.

Visited my uncle. Was subjected to a long speech about colonialism, crosswords, and how my uncle's driver is happy because he's paid (see colonialism). My mother texted me "I can't handle it anymore".

I collect perfume. I have some pretty good stuff. Yet I let them rot.. and I'm currently obsessing on a cheapo, teen perfume.

Haha, her uncle (he's actually my great uncle). Old man, went through several wars, casual racism and sexism as you can imagine it. I love shoes too!

My date had the cutest (?) phone with incredible app you can talk to. I spent a lot of time trying to see the limits and it was impressive. So he bought me one! I have no idea about the price of something like that (the whole phone is crazy and does stuff mine can't).

Cookbook is selling ok. Fascinating tho how many people say they'll buy like crazy and just do not.

Sorry for the lateness. I was at some kind of official pic nic in my town yesterday. You know how politicians love to show off as "close to the people" etc. So they often choose a couple people to be near them and stuff. Except I dropped my vinaigrette on my lap. Yay. Of course I was chosen (basically tall and red dress = chosen). I just hope the pics look normal-ish. And I caught a migraine from hell. Not sure if it's related to stressing rofl.

I HOPE NOT

Author said he would give me a book for free if I advertised for him on my network. I did; he sent me a pdf. I'm crying in laughter.

Someone sent me chocolates. No card. I'm pigging out and imagining who it may be.

Cool quotes because I'm bored

The beginning is adorable, then it devolves into the literary definition of dark unhealthy romance.
"From the age of Twenty Elizabeth had been his goal […] and he had never desired another woman. […] He suddenly found the prospect before him dazzlingly good -first because it, gave him this woman whom he had loved and wanted for so long, second because by the same stroke it dealt what he knew would be the deadliest of blows at his bitterest enemy. […] his ring was on it, his ring proclaiming his pride and his capture, his, only his. […] He might sometimes be miserable with her, and
fiercely intent on making her life miserable too should he have to; but there had never been any question in his mind that he was ever going to be without her.
For she was the person he had been working for - to please, to offend, to observe, to criticize, to consult, even to insult, to show off to others, to buy things for, above all to impress. […] Strange when he was [otherwise] so sane, so logical, in many ways almost too calculating"
((her pov "she felt herself to be a treasured possession, cared for and considered in every way. Often it was delightful to be so treated. Occasionally she found it oppressive"))

Love and jealousy are part of the same face. Only a saint can enjoy one without enduring the other.

Winston Graham

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Why do these bad-boy characters intrigue us so much. Sometimes I think it might be the stepping toward the light of redemption then pulling back to a dark place actions of the characters" Brenda R McFadden

I hate everything feminine. Except in young men, of course

Old mistress, Barbey d'Aurevilly

Love is not kind, love is not honorable is it? love is without mercy […]
The fact that I love you will destroy me, the fact that you don't love me will destroy you
The Blood of others

--------------------------------------------------------------

Why doesn't hatred kill desire? […] Hatred is very like physical love: it has its crisis and then its periods of calm. Poor Sarah, I could think, reading Mr Parkis's report, for this moment had been the orgasm of my hatred.
The end of the affair, Graham Greene

---------------------------------------------------------------

Power is not an endlessly divisible thing. Yet it must exist. Someone must possess it and since man is not perfectable; as you admit, it must at times be misused. Who is likely, to misuse it more: the demagogue who finds it suddenly in his possession, like a man with a heady wine who has never tasted liquor before; or a man who by heredity has learned - and been taught - how to use it, a man who, having known liquor all his life, may taste the heady wine without becoming drunk upon it?'
Lord Falmouth (-Winston Graham

-------------------------------------------------------------------

All ratting on each other! Even in the same family. What a pity. They blame [for poisoning water]priests, Jews, aristocrats, leather workers, Italians, the government… The cholera's a bitch, but this is far worse!"

You expect me to give it away? Three francs. Not much to save your ass! I have given some for free, but it doesn't work. Got to pay for it to work. Like everything.

Horseman on the roof

--------------------------------------------------------------

New beautician was fascinated by my hair and my skin.
"Is your whole family like this, do you have pics, your hair is so soft, do you find your color for foundation, what's the best for blond in your opinion ?" *touch* rofl

Spent the day at my parents, super tired, taxi was weird even though mom insisted she would follow him on the app rofl. Posts tomorrow.

I need a vacay.

A friend invites me to his country. I've never set a foot there before as it's a low key dictatorship and what if they decide to take the regime down just while I'm there?? (my friend is close to the leader). But I don't have anything to pay.

Or I can pay for myself and find some cool place off of Airbnb. I've seen a house in a 11th century village, one in a olive trees place created by Julius Caesar, stuff like that. But I don't know anyone there.
Can't remember if I ever updated. I did the first option and later on the second. The first one was luxurious and nice until I couldn't handle how people lived and had a fight with my friend but felt like I couldn't show I was disapproving… So it was very weird. I'm invited again but it's not worth the guilt of seeing how their people live.

Cool quotes…. again...

“You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.” — Graham Greene, The Third Man

And where did you fight in the Crimean War?
In Baden Baden or in Monte Carlo?
The Story of Adele H

“True beauty is something that attacks, overpowers, robs, and finally destroys.”
― Yukio Mishima
A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything
Yukio Mishima
“Beauty is something that burns the hand when you touch it.”
― Yukio Mishima, Forbidden Colors
“Young people get the foolish idea that what is new for them must be new for everybody else too. No matter how unconventional they get, they're just repeating what others before them have done.”
― Yukio Mishima, After the Banquet
“The special quality of hell is to see everything clearly down to the last detail.”
― Yukio Mishima, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion
“Anything can become excusable when seen from the standpoint of the result”
― Yukio Mishima, The Temple of the Golden Pavilion

I'll be away for some time - I will be touring and unsure when/where there will be connexion - so I will be answering slow. I will not disappear nor should it last more than a month. I HOPE to keep up with once a week rhythm for replies. If we're friends I'm available on Discord

Back
Top Bottom