Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

News from the Rose

RedRose

Supernova
Hullo there!

Things have been a bit crazy since my book got published. Several libraries, two organizations and a book club bought it on the very first day. It has been blogged about one day after release. I was contacted by a couple orgs for partnership or a future project or whatever, as well as for interview. It means I actually have to pick up the phone LOL.

There shouldn't be any RP delay though. I can handle this ;)
(if it's been a week or so without a reply, you can totally pm me)

Got invited to present my book in an authors group. It's quite interesting following who bought it, and where.

Got asked for my first autograph. Now THAT was totally unexpected.

I had some feedback from readers, including some thanking me for writing. Of course I thanked them for reading.

Internet is oddly slow today, but I'm around!

I'm flattered, but overwhelmed at the requests for help with finding a publisher, a character's name, or "inspiration". I love that I received some messages saying I inspired people to write too.

The guy who wanted to interview me about my book didn't really want to interview me about my book. Apparently he noticed my pics when I modeled for a friend's brand, googled my name, found the book, and thought it was a good way of getting in touch. Sadly for him, I'm only interested in discussing my book. I was thinking of reopening my make-up instagram and stuff like this totally turns me off trying. Maybe I'll do some really anonymous account. Be careful, fellow writers!

Some guy was staring at me in the street and tripped over something, almost fell. I laughed. Next time don't stare that hard, guy. It brought me back to first year in uni, teacher was also staring during his class and fell from the dais. I shouldn't laugh ;p

Wow, my first request!
I've had requests for articles and translations, but now I've just been asked to write a NOVEL. It would basically be my Spies in Saigon plot. I haven't looked into the details yet, because I don't know if I'm up to it...

Dealing with various websites to make my book known has to be the worst. Worse even than editing. Dead links, improbable fonts, Godawful colors...

Attended a posh gala last night. The people at my table were quite interested when I said I published my first book. They said I should have brought some, and they wrote down my name/gave me their emails :)

Contacted people back. Some had already ordered my book, or had been looking for it. It was nice to find out they had genuine interest.

Some lady saw the pics I had taken, modeling for a friend's brand, and might be interested in hiring me to model for hers. Unexpected.

Thank you!

Attended a city event. The officials (mayor, generals etc) were sitting in the middle, and my family was sitting just at the right, among the "non official" VIPs. lol. Some dumb guy tried to tell us we had to move, until the mayor declared we could stay.

I'll be touring Europe until January. I'll be replying here - not daily, but there should be no delay. If there is, I'll pm you.
When I come back, I'll be terminating RPs with partners who cannot respect our "once a week or more" deal.

Thank you! The person was clinging to my book, repeating how much they loved it, how fantastic it was. I'm new to this lol. Of course family and friends have shown proper enthusiasm :p but this?

Home after a trip home from hell. Sleepless night, migraine, and some guys wouldn't take "not interested in your company during the flight" for an answer. Apparently looking exhausted and sans make up doesn't help. :dodgy:

I'll be looking for new games and ending those not replying once a week as an average.

Got bashed (?) on a writer group. Some person claimed such opportunities only happen to "blond bombshells like you". I wanted to reply that if anything I'm happy my country doesn't really do writer's pic on the book, because I don't need haters, stalkers or more guys contacting me "about my book" before switching to inappropriate...

I have a new follower who likes all my make up/fashion pics lol. Blond, likes travel, writing, music and photography - he's just much too young, and I'm not doing my blog for this lol.

Got a comment about my book. A person said I seem like the academic, non emotional type. I am not sure how to take it :rolleyes:

Hey!

It's great to hear such good news among writers. Do you mind if I ask for the title of the book? I've been searching for some great new reads, and with all the praise you're getting, it looks like I might just have to pick it up!

Also that's awful to hear someone bashed you for being a "blond bombshell!" Completely unprofessional to say to another author, especially because there have been many, many female authors who got published and were not conventionally beautiful. Clearly this doesn't happen to just beautiful people, women or men, so I'm surprised they would make commentary like that.

Anyway, it would be great if I could get some details on the book. Seems like a great read!

Back
Top Bottom