Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

News from the Rose

I found back a very old fanfiction account of mine. Obviously I wasn't expecting all the reviews and stuff, and feel quite bad that I never replied. Is it creepy to reply now?

I am soon giving a talk/presentation based on my first book in a high end locale. Not feeling ready to speak "one hour to one hour and half" plus woke up with a sore throat (air con?). My academic friends commented it's quite long, bordering on the weird. I'll try to reach one hour-ish, and then do question time. And pray ;D

<3
Everything went perfectly fine! I haven't lost my knack for public speaking, it seems. People were really interested, and nice. I sold ;D I am reinvited to speak of something else, maybe genealogy, and to present my second book when it's published. So, I need to send it to publishers it seems ;)

Looking for the right publishers, making sure you send them the text under the format they want (paper or pdf or word, full or first chapter, size of characters...) might be even more annoying than editing...

I found 35 publishers to send my book to. 18 want it in paper, the others want it through pdf or word. Seriously, this will be loooong... I also must "present myself and my work" and show why it's what they are after, blah blah...
giphy.gif

Received a first reply, I was expecting a no but it in fact it was a "we did get your novel". The wait begins.

I met a friend at the beautician. She mentioned buying my book, and then the beautician wanted the title lol. It turns out that she can read English - good for her!!

Some person tried to contact me about my book, emailing, FBing and whatsapping. i'm flattered, but it's a bit freakish

Got a yes for my book, but it's a no from me… Because I noticed something wrong with the publisher… URGH...

Got a raving review, very detailed, on my book. Style, content, everything. Reaaaally made my day. I shared it to my contacts on FB and my relatives because it's not like I can share my RP stuff.

Realized I didn't update!
TL;DR: I'm away, RPs shouldn't suffer.

Having plenty of fun but not forgetting my RPs!
Someone invited me and paid my ticket (the "I'll send my driver" guy). Somehow driver didn't get my name and was looking for a tall blonde but it worked in the end as there weren't many. The plane population was more normal, as last time I went in that area I was in a small plane full of businessmen. Guy who invited me left fresh water near my door because he was afraid to come in even though I replied he could. I spent the morning in the pool (morning is for gals and afternoon for guys).
I had some kind of Birth day party even though it wasn't exactly the right date lol. I received beautiful jewelry and wasn't expecting it!
Meanwhile the heatwave is still going on but I bravely keep writing

Got a "no". Because reading committee wasn't fully "convinced". Unsure if it means not everyone on the committee was convinced, or they were all convinced but not enough #overthinkerbonjour

TBH I didn't expect a modern country to still do "walk on the tarmac and climb the stairs" type planes. It was again a Tiny-Plane and the landing was a bit… mordant? energetic? Home now :)

Grandmother apparently very sick… It's been so for a while, but things are NOT on the mend. My parents are very protective and just don't tell me details. She's on another continent and doesn't wanna be seen that way. My mom just tells me she can't come home for now (she's remaining with her mother) and to pray and ask people to pray/do good deeds. S.U.C.K.S. Situation is similar to what happened with my great-uncle a couple years ago. If I disappear it will only be for a few days and I'll be back, no worries.

Mom hired a scholar to write a book about my grandmother's family. Which is a nice idea. My mom herself wrote such a book but didn't publish it (yet?). Still I have a bad feeling that the scholar is going to doubt or even debunk some family lore and it will not end prettily.

Hullo there!

Things have been a bit crazy since my book got published. Several libraries, two organizations and a book club bought it on the very first day. It has been blogged about one day after release. I was contacted by a couple orgs for partnership or a future project or whatever, as well as for interview. It means I actually have to pick up the phone LOL.

There shouldn't be any RP delay though. I can handle this ;)
(if it's been a week or so without a reply, you can totally pm me)

Congrats on the book publishing. That is quite an accomplishment.

I realize I never updated that my grandmother passed. She was sick for a long time but basically my family hid it from me and the other young, female, relatives so as not to upset us. It came as a shock. I now have to attend a family reunion /memory service on another continent. I don't have the date yet. It's supposed to be a big thing, many people, religious leaders. I wrote an eulogy since I was asked to and hope it will go well...

Last edited:
I'll be saying the eulogy to my grandmother tomorrow. I have 5 pages of personal and family stories, prayers and stuff. Hopefully not too Handmaid's tale-y. My mom basically told me what to say, plus some ideas of mine. I'm used to public talking but so not that style… I try not to meddle but there are fights between the non, less, and more religious factions in my family. I hate that.

My second book (French, this time) just came out. It's a strange timing,, but ok.

OK, wow. After two days of various ceremonies, it is over and I am back. The eulogy went better than I feared. Someone filmed me and it's online now lol.

Some male relatives went to their place of worship after yesterday's events. I tagged along. I was the only woman and it was clear the guys there didn't expect me to be there. I was like, huh hello so I'm this female thing, don't mind me. Everyone was nice, or neutral, but it was odd.

I was in such a bad mood on my last date. I almost cancelled but he insisted. I warned him lol. Said he didn't care… ok. So the food was great, but I couldn't help looking for everything that bothered me. And there were some things… Like, the parking valet didn't open my door. He sat down and just... waited… WTF
Then there were various issues with the waiters… Basically things that shouldn't happen in a place that sells close to 100 euros a plate. The worst is that it suddenly improved in the end, I THINK someone might have recognized me (kept trying to make eye contact and smile) as I have a blog with a few thousands followers and I post about food, restaurants, beauty etc - not all followers are there for food.

I need a vacay.

A friend invites me to his country. I've never set a foot there before as it's a low key dictatorship and what if they decide to take the regime down just while I'm there?? (my friend is close to the leader). But I don't have anything to pay.

Or I can pay for myself and find some cool place off of Airbnb. I've seen a house in a 11th century village, one in a olive trees place created by Julius Caesar, stuff like that. But I don't know anyone there.

Well. Gown got fixed, and I have plans! Woohoo! I'll be away for a week, or so. But I'll have computer access and there should be no delay.

Back
Top Bottom