Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

News from the Rose

Thanks for the support!

Sadly, I'm really, really Anonymous on here, and hence cannot disclose the title - though in a way I wish I could ;)

Week end away with my family. Neighbour said we are too noisy lol. Tried to work on my new project, wasn't very efficient.

I'm very into genealogy, worked on archives, revamped old family trees and all that jazz. People seem to find it very easy to ask me stuff, but when I communicated that my mom was asking for prayers for my dad in hospital... Suddenly much fewer people were active...

Someone contacted me about an interview. I replied IMMEDIATELY.
Crickets for a month. Then I get a message, "did you ever write?". Hummm, like, yes?
I sent them a copy of the mail I wrote, with the date. They went "Oh apparently you did contact us". Apparently?? Do you think I would make this up?

I'm not home, "somewhere else". There's obviously another culture at play, but it's getting insanely tiring to have random guys come up to me, introduce themselves (or not), want to shake my hand/drive me somewhere/ask about where I live. I tell myself they must harass other women too, but somehow it's really getting OLD.

I've been asked to provide a biography of myself, as well as a pic. This is common on books in certain countries, but not quite mine. I reaaaaally don't know what type to go for.

So, that text I poured my soul into is "a nice start"? Yet, you can't find anything to change? Maybe you should just be a tad more positive with your writers, hun.

I still have that strange person commenting on my pics on a certain site.
I'll post an omelet and they'll be like "is this foie gras?"
I'll post a building in Paris with a location and tag and they'll be like "beautiful building in Berlin"
I'll post a make up/look detailing every item and they'll be like "what's the lipstick?".
Is that a troll? a stalker? a crazy? Person is otherwise nice and never inappropriate.

I was interacting online with readers and potential readers when some crazy posted that I'm selling my books and myself (!) like mere objects... sigh. People defended me, but still. Later I discovered that FB blocked me from posting on groups I don't own/admin for a couple days. I suspect that "person" might have something to do with it...

On the brighter side, a friend unearthed a pic from us in a restaurant (Nothing special but not bad, except hot country = slightly smudged make up) and asked me if she can use it to illustrate her article, because it would look good for her to be with "a writer". WOW. I said yes.

So today, I did Something I really didn't want to do. It was even worse than expected. Plus I had a migraine. But I'm proud I did it. Guess I'm a good girl :rolleyes:

Wrote up a novel in under a month. Gave it to my beta, like "take it awayyyy!". I'm happy to be writing for something else now ;)

Hey, congrats on finishing the first draft! My Beta us blowing through my second book so quickly I'ts making my head spin, lol. Here is to hoping your second book is as successful as your first.

giphy.gif

Is that a thing, RILF? as in, relative I'd like to fuck??
I was bringing my little relatives to the laser game and overheard this about me: Is this your aunt or your cousin? she's mega hot.
ROFL

When you're fed up with your own novel but your beta is soooo motivated and wants to keep working on it!

Thank you so much!!

My new beta reader mixed up the two main characters. Of course she didn't find it easy to understand... Geez. Different names, different ages, different country, different social status... I don't even understand.

Maybe you should take it as valid critique. If you don't understand, ask her why. Perhaps it would make a good opportunity to work on character development, so that it shows through the text and especially the dialogue.

You're right!
I did ask her, and she kept saying the characters are similar, but I just don't see it. Think a mother of many in Iran, and a single teen in Belgium. lol

That's so strange. Did she specify why she thinks they're similar?

She said she thought one of them was "the other one in the future". Except my book is NOT sci fi or fantasy in any type LOL.

Back
Top Bottom