Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Aang air-bended them faster through the area in trying to keep up with the strangely familiar old man. "Yeah that is true though Aang seems that something else is up with the king," Qudai noted as the old man was challenging to go further and earth-bending the area in different ways and such.

"I'm going to try something," Aang told them before he got up and manage to earth bend a simple incline for them to go into the air, going above the old man and ending up in front of him.

He looked stunned before he began laughing. Snort-laughing as he earth-bended them to pause. Aang looked utterly surprised.

"B-bumi?!"

Miku ran over the small group and began making sure Aang wasn’t injured. “Are you alright? You aren’t hurt are you?” She asked in a frantic tone.

“Yes Miku, I’m fine.” Aroon said sarcastically.

“You’re already missing an arm, you can’t be damaged much more.” Miku said.

Qudai helped Aroon stand up and get out of the container. He was a bit surprised. "Uh guys... we may have found who Aang was looking for," Qudai noted as he saw Aang and Bumi hug.

Qudai got Aroon and Miku to the pair. "Aang... is the King of Omashu your old friend?" Qudai asked, bemused at the whole thing.

"Well, your friend is a smart guy after all. Yup, I'm King Bumi, mad genius extraordinaire!" The King said while some of the guards looked relieved that things were all right here.

Aroon stood next to Miku and bowed a bit to show respect to the king while Miku stood up straight unsure of what to do or say.

“If you had told me who your friend was, I would been able to tell you he was the king.” Aroon stated.

"Yeah, but since I became King, there's a bunch of kids called Bumi now and there's only one Bumi like me," King Bumi said as he snort-laughed. "Well, I'm sure we have plenty to talk about," he said as he began leading them inside.

"So tell me, who are the other two with you?" he asked them, waiting for them to introduce themselves.

“My name is Tsao, Aroon and this is my younger sister, Miku.” Aroon said. “We’re the grandchildren of Tsao, Kaede leader of Kibō no Yama.”

Miku rolled her eyes at her brother’s formality. “We’re from the group of polygamists that live in the mountains and our grandfather is the ruler of the group.”

"Oh yes, I heard of you. My guards keep looking at the place funny, but I tell them they should relax," Bumi told them with a smile. "Just be careful now, the cliffs are steep here," he added to them.

"Bumi, what I saw you doing... you were earth-bending, right?" Aang asked. "Yup, I learned a lot the past 100 years," Bumi said as he realized mroe why his old friend was here.

"And what about your friends?" he asked them.

Miku covered Aroon’s Mouth before he could answer with his formal-ness. “My Brother is an earthbender, however it wouldn’t be wise for him to teach Aang as that’s how he lost his arm. As for me, I’m not a Bender never have been and most likely never will be.”

Bumi couldn't help but laugh at the antics of Miku and Aroon. He did raise his eyebrow at what Miku said and his wizened eyes focused to see the resemblance she had to Aang. It clicked in his head.

"Well, never say never. After all, I never thought I would become King back when I was your age, yet here I am," Bumi told them as he was leading them to the castle.

"But I will teach what I can to Aang," Bumi said with a smile, the knowign smile Aang knew he would be in for something. "I'm Qudai," Qudai said, remembering he hasn't introduced himself yet. "So, you are all accompanying Aang on his journey then?" he asked them.

“That’s why I said probably.” Miku replied.

“That’s the plan.” Aroon confirmed.

“You’re here to be a chaperone because Grandfather wouldn’t let me travel with two guys I’m not related to on my own.” Miku stated

"Yeah, but Aroon is an earthbender. And Miku is... well, special," Qudai explained to Bumi. "Yes, I can tell," Bumi said before he looked at Aang and Miku, winked and begin chuckling in a typical old man fashion. Aang blushed when he realized what his old friend was implying.

They were now inside the palace.

"Anyway, if all of you are traveling with Aang, then all of you will have to face the challenge I have set for all of you," Bumi told them with Aang looking confused.

"What do you mean? Like we have to face something together," Qudai asked Bumi while he nodded. He looked to Miku and Aroon.

Miku sighed knowing this wasn’t going to go well, Aroon would definitely ignore the point and just protect her. They came from a very conservative community, the boys were taught to protect their sisters, mothers, and women in general while the girls were taught to be nurturers and not fighters. Of coarse there were a few women that went against this but it still wasn’t anything on a large scale and Miku wasn’t one of those women.

"All of you will need to work together. After all, you are all with Aang, are you not?" Bumi said as he led them to a large battlefield. Qudai and Aang wondered what he was up to.

"Well now, you just gotta beat me, and be smart about it," King Bumi said before he removed his robe...

...And revealed he was quite buff, to the shock of the group.

"Any ideas, guys?" Qudai said, looking nervous.

“I may have an idea if I could see anything.” Miku stated with anger in her voice.

When the others looked at her they would see Miku with her arms crossed and Aroon covering her eyes. “What?” He asked. “In our culture not wearing a shirt for either gender is indecent.”

“Yeah, they get it, Aroon,” Miku retorted, “We come from a conservative and modest culture. Can you give it a rest already?”

Aang and Qudai turned to see Aroon covering Miku's eyes, causing Aang to chuckle a bit while Qudai rolled his eyes and face-palmed. Bumi just laughed at him yet he got a gleam in his eye.

He moved his finger and a small pillar of stone rose from the sound suddenly to hit Aroon in the nuts, causing Aang and Qudai to wince before they began moving when two other pillars rose, they dodging.

"First step. Don't be afraid to use tricks," Bumi said as Aang stood next to Miku to watch her while Qudai shoot an arrow at Bumi with his crossbow, which Bumi countered with a wall.

"Not bad, kid. But you all need to do better," he noted.

Aroon immediately fell over and screamed in pain while Miku hide behind the pillar pulling something from a pocket in her sleeve. She reached into her headscarf and pulled a pair of goggles over her eyes before putting mask on that would filter air, with the she tossed two small balls toward Bumi which burst upon hitting the floor. A plume of smoke and dust erupted from the small marble sized balls hindering sight.

"Not bad, you're smart," Bumi said as he commented on what Mike did with tactics. While Qudai went over and dragged Aroon behind a wall so he could recover, Aang began bending the smoke and dust into a cyclone around Bumi to try and deter him.

"And a good follow up. But gotta keep you onr your toes," Bumi said before he bended the earth underneath them, sending a shockwave that made the ground ripple like it was water. A wave of earth went through them, sending them off flying into the air. Aang had bended his air scooter and went to catch Miku. Qudai meanwhile made sure Aroon was with him behind the boulder that cracked from the earth wave.

"He is very good," Qudai noted, a bit intimidated by the king's earthbending.

Miku blushes when she was caught by Aang but once she was put back on the ground she went back to fighting. She pulled a strange object from her clothes which were two metal balls connected by a string or rope of some kind. After twirling it in the air for a few seconds her released throwing it at Bumi. The rope twirled around his body and the two metal balls acted as light weights which caused the ends of the rope to become tangled with each other.

Aroon saw this and used his earth bending to cause crude rocks walls to enclose around Bumi further keeping Miku’s dust and smoke around him.

Bumi was caught off-guard for a bit, but briefly. He smirked as earth spikes came from the ground and into the bindings before pulling them apart.

"He EARTHBENDED WITH HIS FACE MUSCLES?!" Qudai couldn't help but shout out in surprise, all while Aang looked surprised yet impressed. His friend was a mad genius, truly one of a kind. However, he kept focusing on making a faster dust and smoker typhoon around them.

Bumi tamped the ground and a rock platform began rising. Qudai took that opportunity to show a crossbow bolt. Granted, it was a blunt one. Bumi didn;t see it and he got it, enough for him to tumble, but caught himself by making a slide of earth.

"Wheeee!!" he said as he was rolling down.

“Really?!” Miku yelled angrily. “It took me years to learn to properly make those and the months to properly make that one.” Now she was pissed. She pulled more capsules, this time from a small pouch on her hip and tossed them toward Bumi. They hit the ground a few feet in front of him and exploded into a purple gas cloud. She then threw the end of another rope with balls so it wrapped around Bumi again and she pulled the man into the cloud which was knock out gas.

"Well, then you have to find new ways to make them," Bumi said with a jolly chuckle as he earthbends a platform underneath him in order to get him away from the gascloud, but Aang instead airbended the gascloud over to Bumi, finally allowing the gas to start overcoming him.

"Whwere did you learn to make that gas?" Qudai asked Miku with curiosity.

“Years of practice.” Miku said still holding onto the end of her rope device. “When your mother is killed by the Fire Nation and there’s a very real possibility of them coming for you, you teach yourself a thing or two about fighting. The rope of these,” She motioned her head to the rope, “is made of a mixture of spider silk, iron strings, and fishing line. If a fire bender tries burning their way through it, it only makes the individual strings stronger. The gas is highly flammable and can and likely will explode when exposed to flames. Most of my weapons are meant to stop or hinder fire benders but I have a few tricks for water and earth benders.”

“Then why the hell didn’t you use them?” Aroon asked.

“1. They’re incredibly dangerous. 2. I don’t have a supply of them since I rarely fight water or earth benders.” Miku explained to her brother.

"That is stil clever making the gas and such. I have a few ideas we can exchange for that and it'll help Aang out with his fire bending," Qudai complimented Miku with a smile before he and Aang turned to see what Bumi was doing and he seemed to be getting into a stupor.

"It looks like we're going to wait this. Bind him now, Aroon," Qudai told him as Aang continued to airbend the gas around Bumi to further keep him down.

Aroon nodded and did as he was told using his one arm to surround Bumi in rocks, holding him in place.

Miku lightened up on the rope.

"Nght-night..." Bumi said before he finally went asleep from the gas. Aang sighed a relief along with Qudai. "Well, it looks like we won, but I still got the feeling he wasn't being fully serious. He could've squashed us like bugs if he wanted," Qudai noted to the group as he was resting.

Back
Top Bottom