Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"Well then, welcome aboard then. We should move and be careful then," Qudai said as Appabegan moving. Aang was the first one on befor ehe helped Miku on and Qudai follwoed, offering Aroon a hand to get on Appa.

Over the next few days, Miku did several things to prepare for both the wedding and traveling.

Finally the day had finally arrived and the Tsao woke up early to get ready. Each wife had a unique and different outfit but all had dressed their children that still lived with them in a similar manner. The older children were already married with families of their own, the exception being twenty one year old Aroon who was apparently single.

Junko was wearing something that was clearly of local fashion but the color still showed her Water Tribe roots. Her hair was elegantly done up into intricate hair loops and braids.

The third wife, Meili, had her done up into an elaborate style with gold and emerald pins to decorate it. Her dress showed that she was definitely from Ba Sing Se as it was similar to their fashion.

Shu, Xhu, and Zhu all wore local fashion but each dress was red to show their Fire Nation roots. It was interesting to watch the three because they were so identical it was hard to tell them apart at time but they had completely different personalities.

The seventh wife, Qingge, had gotten done getting ready due the having the fewest children to get ready and began getting the children of the eighth wife ready.

The eighth wife, Xifeng, and Hansuke both had a special outfit on to show that they were the groom’s parents and had to help set up the venue for the wedding.

The wedding was held on a mountain side and had a unique set up to the least. It looked like an outdoor theater because there was a small platform where Yuichi and his bride, Aiko stood along with the man officiating the ceremony, and the platform was surrounded by rings that were made up of benches for the guest to sit in.

Oddly enough Aang and Qudai had not seen Miku all morning which is probably why they noticed the only one of Hansuke’s wives that was there for the ceremony was Yuichi’s mother, the six other women were gone. And from what they gather apparently so were Aiko’s father’s wives, excluding her mother. It turned out the combined total of ten women were making sure the venue was ready for the reception, and it was because when everyone arrived there was tables packed with food.

Qudai and Aang did everything they could to help out for the wedding and eventually, it was the big day. Both of them notced the fashion was very much remiscent of the place area. Aang really couldn't get much of his own and he was a bit uncomfortable wearing the formal wear. However, he was able to get some nicer robes for him to wear while Qudai also got a Fire nation styled more casual suit.

They were standing there since they didn't have seats, but neither of them minded. "We need to keep an eye on things just in case something gets fishy," Qudai told Aang as they were looking around.

“Where’s Miku?” Aang asked, nothing they haven’t seen her all day today. He couldn’t help but ask one of the guys near by, which were one of her brothers .

Unfortunately the closest of her brother’s happened to be a five year old. Based on his appearance and dress, he was the son of one of the Fire triplets. He looked up at Aang, and said, pointing to the food, “I sawded hers over at the food. Mommy said she was making foods for you since you don’t eat meats.”

I’m the few days Qudai and Aang has stayed with the family, the younger kids were amazed by Aang and thought he was the coolest.

"At the table or at the kitchen?" Aang asked the five-year-old with a smile. He was quite close to the younger kids and it reminded Qudai that Aang was still kind of a kid at heart. He shuddered at the idea of Aang being forced to do this if he was like twelve or something. It'd be a bigger strain on him and they never would've met.

"Go check it out," Qudai told Aang once they got their answer. He knew that Aang was beginning to crush on Miku and like any good older brother figure, it was his duty to guide Aang to happiness.

“Hers is probably still in the kitchen,” the boy said, taking Aang’s hand, “I show you.” He pulled Aang behind the table and stopped at a door. “You stay here, I go get her.” And with that the boy disappeared into the kitchen, only to return a few moments later. “She said wait a little and she be out.” He said.

Qudai waved good bye to Aang while he remained on-guard, serving as an impromptu bouncer and lookout for the place.

Aang meanwhile followed the young boy over to the area. He smiled and thanked him, even showing him the marble trick while he was waiting for Miku.

The young boy was extremely amused by Aang’s trick.

Soon enough Miku walked out from the kitchen with a plate with a dome over it. She had a headscarf wrapped around her head and tucked under her clothes and she also wore pale eyeshadow and a natural shade of lipstick. “Hello, Aang.” She said with a smile.

Aang couldn't help but blush a bit when he saw Miku appear there. She looked absolutely beautiful in his eyes and the blush showed he approved of it. "H-hey Miku. How are yo doing? Qudai and I didn't see you there so I wanted to make sure you were doing okay," he told her with a nervous smile.

"What do you have there?" he asked with the domed plate.

The young boy looked up at Aang and then his sister, and then back at Aang before asking him, “Is you gonna marry my sister?”

“Ying!” Miku said sternly.

“What?” Ying asked. “He’s nice and fun and he blushes whenever he looks at you.”

“Ying, I think someone brought some fire gummies.” Miku said pointing toward the dessert table, causing him to run off. “This is a surprise.” She walked over to an empty table and put it down.

Aang blushed heavily at Ying's question while seeing Miku's reaction at what her younger brother said. He sighed when it seemed she didn't seem to acknowledge the comment all that mich. He did help her out wit the stuff.

"When would I get to find out?" he asked her with a smiile as he was standing beside her. "Also, Qudai has been acting as a guard," he informed her in regards.

Miku looked at Qudai, and asked, “Does he ever relax?” And when she her answer, she sat down at the table. “I’m hoping you recognize ale of this,” She said before taking the dome off of the plate, “I cooked a bunch of stuff from my mom’s cookbook. There’s a lot of recipes that she got from her parents who got them from their parents who, I believe, lived at the Northern Air Temple but I could be wrong on that part.” There were several foods that Aang recognized and also some he didn’t. “But some are also recipes that were made after the genocide when the survivors had to go into hiding.”

“He’s just looking out for everyone,” Aang explained with a smile before he sat down with her and his eyes widened from seeing all the foods. Most he recognized from
His childhood and while some he didn’t know, he still realized what they were.

“This is all Airbender food, including the Fruit pies,” Aang said before he got a soft smile on his face. He went to embrace Miku. “Thank you,” he told her with a smile on his face.

This time Miku blushed when Aang embraced her. “Well, I figured after everything you went through, you deserve something familiar.” She said with a smile. “It was a pain in the butt to find all the ingredients, but I managed.” She was quite proud of herself and she was happy the Aang seemed to be enjoying it.

"Thank you so much! It means a whole lot," Aang told her with a smile as he looked at the food. "And I would like you to eat it with me. There's so much to try," he told her with a smile before they were joined by someone.

"This looks incredible," Qudai noted as he looked over their shoulder, going around the place.

“Alright.” Miku said moving her chair closer to Aang’s before jokingly adding. “I mean as long as it’s okay with our chaperones.” She was referring to both Qudai and Aroon Who was sitting by himself at a nearby table.

“I’m just here to make sure he remembers his manners.” Aroon said.

“You’re here because Grandfather assigned you to be our third wheel.” Miku said. “You forget, I know how courtships work, and besides we’re not courting.”

“Not yet you aren’t.” Aroon replied and Miku blushed again.

"Well, it appears he's doing a better job than you are," Qudai noted to Aroon as he did not like what Aroon was implying.

"Besides, I'm just making sure things are all right and nothing bad happens in general," Qudai additionally noted as he kept taking glances at the food. He couldn't help but smile at roon's comment making Miku blush,

"Well, since you're so eager, Aroon, how about we help you find someone?" Qudai commented, noting how Aroon was sitting there by his lonesome.

“Trust me, Qudai, many many people have tried to find him a girlfriend and he just ignores it.” Miku explained as she took some of the food. “He has no interest in women, or men for that matter.”

“I have better things to do than be distracted by some woman.” Aroon responded.

"Like being a dour downer?" Qudai noted as he couldn't help but smirk at what Miku said in regards to how Aroon was.

"Come on guys, let's just enjoy the wedding," Aang said, trying to make sure nothing arose from this.

Aroon scoffed and Miku rolled her eyes at the two before returning her attention back to Aang. “Here try this one,” she suggested slipping a small fruit pie over to him, “I used a mixture of berries that I came up with on my own.”

Qudai stuck his tingue out over at Qudai before he noticed that Miku gave the pie to Aang. "Oh wow, it looks just like the drawings Aang showed me," Qudai noted on the fruit pies.

Aang tried it and his eyes widened before he wiped his eyes getting wet. "It.. it tastes like home," he said after a moment of tyring to find the right words.

Miku smiled and hugged Aang from the side. “I’m glad you like it.” She said. “And just think, I’m gonna be cooing for you a low more.” She reached for a napkin and handed it to Aang.

One of Miku’s older brothers ran up to Aroon and the two talked in whispers before Aroon walked over to Qudai. “I hope you and Aang are packed because Fire Nation has been spotted nearby, and they’re headed this way.” Aroon whispered. “Normally I’d be all about fighting them but there’s too many civilians here that could be collateral damage.”

Qudai raised his eyebrow at what Miku said, but he smiled at how happy Aang looked and how Miku hugged him. He hugged her back.

However, the moment was ruined when he heard the new. "For goodness' sake, and just when we were starting to have fun. Well, let's get going, Aang," Qudai said before he began thinking.

"Miku, you might need to come with us. The guards may become suspicious and investigate this and if they notice how different you loook from the others, it would cause trouble," Qudai added as he had his crossbow just in case.

Miku stood up, and said, “I have my bags packed already. If we can get to my house then I can grab them and we can leave. I don’t want to endanger my family.”

Aroon grabbed his sister’s shoulder. “It’d make more sense if I bring you back to the house while they go get Appa, and we’ll meet up after you get your stuff.”

"All right then. Sorry everyone for leaving. We did bring presents by the way," Qudai told them a few of the people before and Aang proceeded to go and get Appa. Momo was acting as a lookout while reluctantly colored black to resmeble a blackbird and avoid suspicion. He saw the guards and went to Aang.

"Looks like they are just on their way so we can head out and leave up and they won't notice Appa," Qudai figured from Momo's motions. He and Aang got on and Appa began flying up above the clouds and began heading to Miku's house, all with stealth.

"And this is why we had those drills, Aang," Qudia noted with a smirk as he was tracking things through binoculars.

Back
Top Bottom