Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Aroon quickly lead Miku to their home where the two of them grabbed their belonging and climbed to the top of the mountain in order to be picked up by Appa. Luckily Miku had packed her travel supplies like pats and pans already on the saddle and just had her personal belongings to get.

“Are you ready?” Miku asked her brother.

“To end this damn war?” Aroon asked rhetorically. “More than anything.”

Qudai held onto the reigns while Aang was helping Miku get onto Appa as well as getting her supplies here. "Momo is still scouting and it looks like we have remained unnoticed entirely," Qudai said as an irritated Momo came back.

"Well then, welcome aboard," Aang said as he helped Aroon get on better because of his missing arm. "You better hang on to me while we're flying," he said, wanting to make sure he doesn't fall. Appa went back above the clouds and they went unnoticed.

While Aroon did need some help climbing up onto Appa’s back, once he was the he sat on the side of saddle where he could loop his arm through one of the holes to hold on. “It’s fine.” He said. “I’ve lived long enough with one arm that I can do most things with just the one.”

Miku sat next to Aroon to be sure that he wouldn’t fall off.

"All right guys, let's get going," Aang said before Appa was beginning to fly them over to Omashu. All while Qudai was using some binoculars and a telescope to keep an eye on the stuff on the surface. "Yup, just as expected. Omashu has no Fire nation anywhere in sight. My guess is the one near the place were just scouts. I doubt they'll try and attack Omashu anytime this year," Qudai noted as they were heading there.

"Hopefully we'll find someone there to help Aang learn earthbending," Qudai noted.

“How long did you say it’s been since Aang was freed?” Aroon asked.

“What are you thinking?” Miku said looking curiously at her brother.

“From what Mother Shu, Xhu, And Zhu’s father has told us, the Fire Nation has a pretty fleshed out system for getting news across large distances. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Fire Lord was already aware of Aang, and I know more localized troops already know about him. They’re probably specifically looking for him.” Aroon explained.

"I think like a month at most. Probably around a few weeks I think," Qudai said as he was thinking a bit on it. "We haven't been keeping track of things though it wasn't that long ago," Qudai explained to him.

"Yeah, I know the Prince knows, but I'm not sure who else," Aang noted as they were flying. "They're busy with trying to subjugate the rest of the world and I reckon they would wanna keep this quiet," Qudai explained.

"If people began hearing the Avatar was found, they would resist stronger against the Fire Nation," he added.

“It wouldn’t be hard to inform their military and keep the everyone else in the dark about it.” Aroon commented. “And they may want everyone else to know at the right time. The Fire Nation is strong and smart, they’ll try to come up with a way to make it seem like Aang just couldn’t be bothered to stop them for one hundred plus years. Propangda is a powerful tools that mustn’t be underestimated.”

“We’ll just have to show them that’s not the case.” Miku responded.

"Not necessarily. The Fire Nation has been failing when it comes to spiritual matters. Furthermore, people already know that Aang is returning and we've dealt with Fire nation soldiers before," Qudai explained to Aroon as they were heading to Omashu.

They landed in the forest nearby so they could enter. "All right, so how should we make our way in?" Aang suggested as he was thinking of how else they could make their way in.

Miku shrugged before looking at her older brother who had previously been to Omashu several times.

“I suggest the front door.” Aroon said, dryly as he began to walk to the front entrance.

"All right then, what would be our cover then?" Qudai asked Aroon though he figured having them around meant it could be easier to find.

"Well, we could disguise ourselves and make our way in," Aang said with a smile before Qudai saw what Aang was thinking. He wanted to do that thing that Aang told about with his old friend, Bumi.

“Really the only one that would need to disguise themselves is you, Aang. The rest of us can blend in.” Aroon commented.

“Got it covered.” Miku said pulling out a change of clothes. “I figured Aang might need something that blends in with Earth Kingdom fashion, so I sewed this.”

"Thanks, Miku," Aang told her with a sweet smile before he changed the clothes behind Appa while Qudai put away the Airbender robes with great care into a knapsack.

"Did Aang tell you what he wanted to try?" Qudai asked Miku with a smirk.

Miku shook her head side to side indicating that Aang hadn’t told her. “No, he hasn’t.” She said will waiting for Aang to change. “What is it?”

Aroon stood next to Miku standing rather protectively.

Several minutes later after Aang changed and they made it into the city with no one noticing, they were getting inside the stone box, where Aang was going to take them on a ride like Bumi taught them.

"It's a miracle we got Aroon to comply with this," Qudai said with a smirk on his face. Aang had just finished telling them about Bumi as they got in. "So, are ya'll coming in?" he asked.

“Over my dead body I’m getting in that thing.” Miku replied with her hands on her hips and looking at them like they were crazy. “Someone has to the air bloodline if Aang dies doing this.”

“No one is going to die.” Aroon reassured her.

“I’m not willing to risk that, Rightie.” Miku retorted, insulting her brother for only having his right arm.

"Hey, if your grumpy brother is willing to try it, so should you. Besides, this is not a dangerous situation really," Qudai told her with a smile as he saw her there with her hands on her hips.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Aang told her with a smile on his face, trying to reassure her.

“You guys have fun.” Miku said. “I’ll meet you at the bottom.” And with that she walked away.

“I’m honestly surprised we got her this far.” Aroon said as he watched his sister walk away. “She’s not the kind of person who takes a lot of risks.”

"All right, here we go then," Qudai said as they went off on the earth delviery system as a slide. It went faster and such than expected because they were bit bigger and such, but they were to navigate through everything.

"Whoohoo!" Qudai shouted while Aang was laughing as they were zipping past the different venues while skillfully avoiding anyone they could bump ino.

Aroon gripped the edge of the cart with his one hand while pressing his legs against the sides as a precaution to not fall out.

Miku made her way down to the bottom, ocassionally looking up at the three.

Aang was keeping an eye on what Aroon was doing and making sure he was doing okay while Qudai was having fun. However, they were then hearing a laughing sound as someone was also going alongside them. It was a kooky old man who was apparently using Earth-bending to go down faster.

"Who is that?" Qudai asked while Aang used his air-bending to try and boost them to go even faster.

Aroon and Miku, who had reached the bottom at that point, knew who the old man was, after all they were somewhat local. Miku became extremely nervous, afraid the three of them had gotten in trouble for their actions.

"You okay, Aroon?" Aang asked while Qudai was trying to get them to go faster to pick up the pace of the giggling old man who was trying to get them to race. "We're gonna need some unconventional techniques. Aang, do you think you can earth-bend us a platform, or do you wanna try, Aroon?" Qudai asked them as he wodnered why the old man was dressed oddly.

“I’m not sure that such a good idea.” Aroon replied. “I think we should stop. Clearly we shouldn’t be doing this if they’re sending their king out here.” He could only imagine how pissed his parents would be if they were all arrested.

"It doesn't look like he is exactly minding," Qudai pointed out, pointing at the clearly giggling old man currently beating them and the expression on the guards that bordered on bemusement and resignation. "Heck, from what it looks like, it's like they're uses to it," he added.

Aang meanwhile airbended them to go faster, having a determined look on his face. "Something about him... it's familiar," Aang told them and Qudai wondered what.

“I’m just trying not to get arrested.” Aroon stated. “My Dad would kill me and stop Miku from traveling with you.” He was also becoming more nervous about the speed they were traveling at, the same as Miku who watched helplessly from the ground.

Back
Top Bottom