Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

“I wasn’t going all out either.” Miku admitted. “I didn’t want to actually hurt him but he could have definitely kicked my butt even if I was going all out.”

"Yeah, though I suppose this does show we need to work together," Qudai noted while Aang was in thought. "Does anyone have anything to wake him up?" Aang noted to them while he was thinking. He saw Bumi move and such and it was so different from his. He would need to definitely train more with the posture and such. However, he did note how different Bumi was from seeing the rest of the Earth benders.

Miku pulled out a glass tube and broke it. She waved it under Bumi’s nose. “Smelling salts.” She said. “A special mixture of smells that are so strong they wake up an unconscious person... they also smell like shit...”

Bumi got a whiff and got back. "Wow! That is the second worse thing I ever smelled," Bumi said. "That's really cool and you're smart," Qudai complimented Miku while Aang agreed with a smile on his face. "So, what did you all learn there?" Bumi asked them shrewdly yet good humorously.

“I learned that my smelling salts could be worse if I ever intend for them to double as a weapon.” Miku stated.

“I learned my sister is a badass.” Aroon looked at his sister amazed.

"Well, the point is for them to be shocking in odor to wake up the unconscious person up," Qudai noted as he saw Bumi recover and noticed he was in thought. However, he then turned to Aang, wondering what he would say.

"We need to work together and be unpredictable," Aang said to them.

"Indeed. The Fire Lord is a skilled bender, but you have one another to count on and furthermore, when the time comes to face him, I hope all of you think as mad geniuses," he told them with a smile on his face.

"Well, it's more on them being sharp enough to wake people up," Qudai noted to them as Bumi smiled at them. "Wait, what are you going to do regarding Aang and earthbending?" he asked as he turned to them.

Bumi was in thought.

"I can teach the basics, but afterwards, it'd probably be best you leave. One of the guards mention trouble in a town nearby, the one where you lived in, correct?" he asked.

The siblings looked at one another sharing a concerned look at the idea of what the Fire Nation would do to their family if they discovered that they had hidden the Avatar.

“They’ll be okay, right?” Miku asked.

"Yes, though that is why I can only teach Aang the basics, so you can all escape on time and I can divert them away," Bumi said with a look.

The group stayed for a two days, they probably could have stayed longer but Miku insisted on leaving a bit early so they wouldn’t be escaping from the Fire Nation at the last possible moment. She said it was so they could put some distance between them and the Fire Nation that was chasing them.

In those two days, Miku stocked up on supplies for their trip and used her impressive organization skills to pack all of the supplies onto Appa’s saddle. She had stuff like pots and pans for cooking, dishes and utensils for eating, a tent, sleeping bags, a water purification system, various preserved foods, a map, and a few other necessities.

Also Aroon had taken to never letting his sister out of his sight as she had started to become closer to Aang, even flirting with him a few times.

However at the moment they were going to a city in the Earth Kingdom that Miku said could be a good place to find someone to teach Aang earthbending.

Qudai spent most of the time in the library, looking to gain more knowledhe and learn as much as he can. He also practices with his strange crossbow against some of the various earth-bending guards while even helping them come up with some strategies against potential fire-bending invaders from various angles, even from the sky.

Aang meanwhile was focusing on getting the basics of Earthbending down. Despite it being the opposite of his airbending, Bumi's unique teaching along with Aang working on it, he managed to grasp the basics in his own unique way and he kept practicing the fundamentals. However, this did mean that his earthbending teacher would need to be also somewhat unorthodox.

However, Qudai also noted that Aang and Miku were getting closer, even Aang blushing at the some of the flirting from Miku. Qudai meanwhile did the honorable thing for his bro and distracted Aroon to keep him from butting in, namely by getting him to help with things.

"So, we're gonna try and head to Ba-Sing-Se or where?" Qudai asked.

“No we’re going to a place called Gaoling.” Miku stated. She was sitting next to her brother, who was taking a nap, and sewing. “There’s some kind of underground fighting ring there, and apparently it’s very popular. Since most if not all the contestant are Earthbenders it should be easy to find a good teacher there.”

"How did you hear about an underground fighting ring?" Qudai said as he and Aang turned to her with raised eyebrows. "Well, we might be able to find a good one there, but let's hope some of them are friendly," Aang noted with a smile on his face.

“I have a bunch of siblings that are earthbenders,” Miku explained and gestured to Aroon, “including this one. I’m pretty sure we won’t be able to bring him, coz he’ll want to compete and they would probably kill him.”

"Yeah, that makes alot of sense," Qudai noted as he looked to Aroon. "I mean, he could probably learn how to bend with just one arm, but not right now," he added. "I've heard of some benders that could bend weirdly and I think as more time passes, the more that could be done," Aang added while in some thought.

“He knows how to bend with one arm, I just don’t want him endanger himself when bending was the reason he lost his arm.” Miku explained letting the two know for the first time the general idea of how Aroon lost his arm.

""What?! What happened?!" Qudai asked, being in shock over what happened. Aang gulped a bit as he was wondering what else he could do to be careful. "Just be careful," Aang quietly said to the sleeping Aroon. "Well, with us leaving, it should make things easier for BUmi and your home," Aang told Miku with a reassuring smile on his face.

Last edited:
“He’ll have to tell you, it’s not exactly my place to say.” Miku said as she kept sewing. If she was petty she’d tell them herself as revenge for Aroon standing over her every night, to be sure she wouldn’t sneak off to someone else’s room.

“Makes sense,” Qudai shrugging his shoulders before he went closer to her. “Be honest with me, you flirting with Aang? Are you wanting to be serious?” He whispered to her.

“I think I’ve made that pretty obvious.” Miku said not taking her attention away from the thing she was sewing. Whatever she was making it looked like a long, thin tube of cloth.

"Look, I'm not good on relationship stuff and so on. It;s that... Aang is my bro and if you do wanna be serious with him, be upfront and honest abotu him. I know he's young, but he's also pretty wise. You will both make mistakes, but I know you both can overcome them," Qudai told Miku with a serious yet comforting tone.

"Aang was raised by monks and one of the few things he doesn' know was how to courting worked there. Heck, I have only have my guesses myself on that," Qudai told her. Finding out some stuff about airbending culture was difficult, namely because it dealt with the minutae that Aang was a kid wouldn't have paid attention to and only the leaders would. He figured there would be some scrolls somewhere, but Aang did not check.

"I'll help him out, but if you wanna ask him out, there's nothing stopping you," he added.

“Nothing stopping me?” Miku asked before looking down at Aroon whose head was in her lap. “He means we’ll but he can just be super annoying sometimes.”

Back
Top Bottom