Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

“It’d probably be easier to hide him in a cave or in a forest.” Miku commented thinking of ways to hide the large animal.

"Yeah, that's true, and there appears to be a forest of some sort nearby," Qudai noted to them as they landed. Once Appa was nice and secure, Qudai woke up Aroon.

"All right, so where do we go?" Qudai asked them all as he was looking around.

“It may be best if we went into town and had some lunch, do some shopping. We might overhear something.” Miku stated as she grabbed her messenger bag to be able to pay for whatever they did.

"All right then, that works. I'll take care of Aroon," Qudai noted as he once more fulfilled his role as wingman to Aang and Miku.

"Let's get going, guys. Meet back in an hour?" he added.

The next hour was spent asking around for clues and hints, mainly for Qudai, who had to make sure Aaron wouldn’t leave to try and look for Aang and Miku.

Aang meanwhile was also looking, but keeping hidden his arrows and looked more on a date

"Yeah sure!" Aang said as he was holding Miku's hand the whole time. "Where should we go?" he asked her.

"Yo, Amoon. I think we may have found a place," Qudai said as they looked into what appeared to be a more shady type of establishment.

“We could go to a tea house, they are most likely to have something you’ll eat.” Miku said looking around.

“Glad my sister isn’t here.” Aroon said noting how shady the place was.

"Sure!" Aang told her with a smile as they went to the teahouse while holding hands. "Anything you want?" Aang asked Miku.

"Well, who do you wanna ask?" Qudai asked Aroon as he tried to find anyone in particular.

“Maybe a sandwich, and definitely some white tea.” Miku answered “what about you?”

“I don’t know, they all look equally as unfriendly.” Aroon states looking around. “I guess the bartender would be a good place to start.”

"Probably some tea and a salad," Aang mentioned as he led her inside. He squeezed her hand with a smile before leading them to a table for them to sit.

"All right, that would work," Qudai nodded before he went over to the bartender, an old grizzled man with an eyepatch. "You wanna ask or should I?" he said, turning to Aroon.

She sat down at the table. “Sounds good.” Miku said with a smile.

“I will.” Aroon stated, going up to the man and ordered a drink before talking to the man.

"Want me to order for us?" Aang asked her as he had his disguise of sorts up. He was looking over and indeed it did have some vegetarian options for Aang to order and the person attending them was an older woman.

"What can I get ya?" The grizzled man with the eyepatch asked gruffly, sizing up the two new meat that came in.

“No I can order.” Miku said before looking over the menu. “Can I have a fish sandwich with no onions and a glass of white tea with a splash of whatever fresh fruit juice you have?” The woman nodded and wrote down the order.

“A shot of your strongest alcohol.” Aroon replied, somehow pulling off a tough guy act.

"And I will have a valley salad with some tea as well," Aang ordered as he was sitting besides Miku with a smile.

Qudai meanwhile remained quiet, examining the environment and keeping himself around. As the bartender gave a shot of the strongest booze they had to Aroon, he was wondering what they wanted. "I got a feeling you ain't here just for the booze," he said to Aroon.

The woman nodded writing down the order. “It’ll be out as soon as possible.” She said before walking away and putting the order in.

Aroon downed the shot and answered the man, “No, I’m trying to find somewhere I can test my skills.”

"How are you feeling?" Aang asked Miku, trying to make some small talk while they were waiting for their meals to arrive.

"What sort of skills? Street fights are pretty common," The eye-patched man said while Quad saw some of the people begin leaving. "He means competition that really... shakes the ground if you know what I mean," Qudai adds, causing the eye-patched man to raise his eyebrow before Qudai notes something.

"Give us some of that Earth dumpling, the special," Qudai adds, causing the eye-patched man to smirk before he goes back. "I get the feeling we'll get our answers soon," he says.

“Nervous,” Mike answered with a weak smile, “the furthest I’ve ever been from home is to Omashu and I thought that would be the furthest I ever got.”

Aroon nodded as he appeared to put his guard down, but this was just an act.

"I know what you mean. I never thought I would be leaving outside of the Air Temple, but now, I'm going out to the world to see," Aang said to her with a smile, his hand moving to hers. "It's alot to do deal with, I know," he comforted her.

The man came back with the dumpling that was full of mushed up fruits and had a pleasant texture, but the main thing was the fact that it had a wooden tablet on it and gave it to Aroon. It had the information toward the competition.

“Do you think you could show me the temples?” Miku asked. “I know they won’t be in the best condition but I’d still like to see them.”

Aroon skillfully managed to handle his chopsticks and drink with his one hand. He pulled out some paper while chewing along with a brush and small bottle of ink. He quickly copied down the information.

"I would be very happy to show you once I learn some more bending," Aang told Miku with a smile on his own, squeezing her hand while they were still settling onto their date. "And I know what ti's like being away from home," he added.

Qudai also noted the ifnormation before he nodded it. "Thank you very much. Good food," Qudai added with a smile, happy that they got the information that they needed for all this.

"The first thing I will show you will be airbending though," Aang told her qietly with a bright grin on his face. He never felt close to anyone like this, not even Katara.

"Something i your mind," Qudai asked Aroon as he began eating as well, wondering what was up.

Miku looked a bit disappointed, saying, “But I don’t bend.”

“My sister.” Aroon said between bites. “I’ve always looked out for her and it’s weird knowing she’s in a strange place without me.”

Back
Top Bottom