Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"Well, I'll stop him from stopping you. He'd dead asleep now, so you can go and ask Aang out," Qudai responded to her with a roguish grin.

Miku managed to move Aroon’s head off of her lap without waking him up. She then slid over to front of the saddle, and said, “Hey.”

"Hey Miku, how are you doing?" Aang asked her, getting a slight blush on his face as he was steering them. He found her to be very enjoyable company and he couldn't help but notice how close they were getting the past couple of days.

“Pretty good.” Miku said as she tried to get into a comfortable position that was also safe. “I actually a couple of question, if you don’t mind answering them.”

"Sure, I'll do my best to do so," Aang said with a smile, making sure that Miku was okay and comfortable.

Miku was already very talented at balance so moving around on the saddle wasn’t very hard for her. “If the nomads were divided up by gender,” she asked, “how two of them... procreate?” She tried using words that were less descriptive in what she meant.

Aang blushed heavily at what she said before thinking. "The nomads weren't really divided up by gender per say. I think that more often guys hung more with guys and same with girls. But we were all equal," Aang confessed. "Like Lio was our Mother Supreme. Love was respected in all good forms and since most of us were bald, appearance wasn't much of an issue," he explained. "I guess I was different because I became the youngest master then I found out about being the Avatar so I guess they began treating me different," he added.

“So there wouldn’t have been an issue if say I were to ask you to be my boyfriend?” Miku asked. She wanted to phrase it in a way that if he wasn’t interested, she could play it off as a hypothetical question.

Aang blushed as bright as his robes, but he couldn't hide the smile on his face. "O-of course not... I'd love to," Aang managed to stammer out, wondering if she was really asking him if they wanted to get together.

Miku smiled and rested her head and arms on the edge of the saddle with her body lounging behind her. “So are there any air nomad dating rules I should know about?” She asked.

"S-so we're dating now?" Aang asked surprised before smiling. When she asked him of dating, he was tyring to think. "Not really. I never knew much of how that dating worked there. Qudai told me that it was about doing stuff together to get to know one another, and them beign special to us," Aang said. "But I would like to show you the temples and teach you the texts," he offered.

“I’d enjoy that and I could tell you what I know about dating.” Miku said. She did know that the rules in her community were different from most others, and that included dating.

"What were some of the rules then?" Aang asked her, looking excited yet bashful at the same time over this new development.

Qudai meanwhile was making sure Aroon was remaining asleep.

“Well in my family it depended on the situation.” Miku explained. “The rules are different if a man if dating a woman who could possibly end up his second or third wife than the first. But since you’re not married, we don’t have to worry about those ones. The biggest thing in my family is purity until marriage. Physical intimacy is highly discouraged because it could lead to being unpure. Stuff like kissing, hand holding, hugging is typically seen as physical intimacy. It’s also required that a couple never be left alone or they may be tempted to be intimate, therefore they always have to have a chaperone. My family views dating as a time to get to know a person and that physical intimacy is best saved for later. I don’t necessarily agree with it but Aroon will definitely be putting pressure on me to follow those rules.

“Yikes. That sounds... pretty rules-heavy,” Aang confessed, surprised by the strict rules imposed.

“I apologize in advance for my brashness, but those traditions sound utterly ridiculous,” Qudai couldn’t help it whisper to them. “I mean, seriously, purity? Like, I know Earth Kingdoms were rigid and traditional, but that’s ridiculous,” he added.

Aang just laughed sheepishly at Qudai’s comment. “Yeah, I mean... what would you personally be okay with?” Aang asked Miku.

“Well my family doesn’t see having a child out of wedlock as even being a possibility, so therefore no sex outside of marriage. If a girl gets pregnant, she marries the father.” Miku explained. “I’d be comfortable with hugging and kissing.”

“Good grief, that sounds suffocating. With that philosophy, I’m understanding why Aang had such a tough time Earthbending and the conflicts between the four nations,” Qudai noted.

“I’m all right with hugging and kissing,” Aang told her with a smile as he went to reach her hand.

“Does your brother realize that if you marry Aang, you’d probably end up following air bender customs rather than earthbender customs?” Qudai note.

“My family is more extreme than most other people.” Miku explained. She reached forward with her hand to meet Aang’s halfway. “Well he actually remembers my parents marriage so I think he just assumes it’ll be like that.”

Aang blushes and smiled upon grabbing Miku’s hand, squeezing it. “Would you be doing it more like how the air monks did it then?” Qudai asked her, smiling at the two.

“You don’t seem like the type to follow your parents or family’s traditions, especially since your mom likely adapted to Earthbender tradition growing up,” Qudai added.

“Qudai, quit trying to pressure her,” Aang said with an embarrassed smile. “I’m just trying to help,” Qudai responded.

“We’ll just have to see where things go.” Miku said. “We just started dating, it’s impossible to say where it’s gonna go.”

“Yeah, that’s true,” Aang told Miku with a smile, holding her hand and just being able to experience that with her while flying.

“We should probably find a place to lay down and rest to soon. We getting close to that rumored fighting arena?” Qudai asked.

“Yeah but something tells me we won’t find it immediately and even after we find it, it may be difficult to get in.” Miku explained.

“What do you suggest we do then?” Aang asked her as he noticed they were nearing what looked like an estate of some sort. “Are there any landmarks or things associated, besides this estate belong to a Well-off family?” Qudai added.

“I suggest we find somewhere to stay.” Miku commented. “We can try to find out where to find the wrestling from the locals.”

"Probably somewhere also where we could hide Appa. Any ideas or thoughts?" Qudai said as he was looking down.

Back
Top Bottom