Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Aroon watched and sighed, saying, “You’re not gonna have an easy time learning earthbending. That was extremely... graceful.” He walked over to Aang and corrected his position. “Earthbending involves sharp, powerful movements. You can’t just prance around like you do with airbending, you have to be tough or it’s not gonna work.”

" I do believe Aang noted that literally a few minutes ago. I think he also wanted to show you so you could get a feel of how he works and how it is to see Airbending," Qudai explained as he saw Aang try and get into position.

"Well, what are some of the basic movements?" Aang asked, curious to see if any one of them will earthbend.

Aroon turned to Qudai and said, “I tend to ignore people talking about their abilities, actions speak louder.” He turned back to Aang, “and I’ve seen airbending before.” He began showing Aang some basic stances.

"Yes, because drowning is the best way of knowing someone cannot swim rather than being informed that they cannot swim," Qudai told Aroon with a sardonic tone.

Aang looked at Aroon go and do the stances. "That's pretty good. A bit stiff in the transistion, but that was amazing," Aang said with an excited yet also nostalgic tone before he went back to the earthbending pose to try and begin moving the earth.

Qudai knew this would take a while due to how different the thinking was. Aang focused on his breath, to try and feel the earth.

“You throw someone who can’t swim into the water and they will will to swim very quickly.” Aroon answered.

“You need to calm down, Aroon.” Daiki said.

Qudai's eyes narrowed over on Aroon in regards to the exchange. "You don't need to burn your hand to know fire is bad," Qudai said, noting the poor Fire prince learned that the hard way apparently.

"How am I doing so far?" Aang noted as he was practicing the movements, getting a bit better each time, but not yet in actually moving the earth just yet.

Aroon chose to ignore Qudai and focus his attention on Aang. “Still too dainty,” he stated bluntly, “but it’s an improvement. The more you work on it, the better you’ll be and it may take years to fully grasp it.”

Qudai crossed his arms as he looked at Aroon before going with the others. "Dainty? Do not underestimate air-benders," Qudai noted before he went to see some of the others and see how they were doing.

"What's with Aroon? He has a chip on his shoulder," Qudai asked before Aang was getting into the position. "Don't hold it back, Aang. Stand your ground," he said encouragingly to his friend. Aang couldn't help but smile at his friend.

"Yeah, though hopefully I can get more help at Omashu," Aang ntoed as he got into position.

“I know what an air bender is capable of.” Aroon said glaring at Qudai before returning his focus to Aang.

“He was always close to Mika, since they had the same birthday, and he was the one that let it slip that she was an airbender.” Daiki explained in a low voice so Aroon couldn’t hear. “She truly was a second mother to him and he blames himself for what happened to her. He pushes himself more than he should because he wants to bring an end to the war that killed Mika. My guess is now that he knows that Miku isn’t the last of the airbender race, he wants to protect Aang just as much as he does Miku and help him prepare.”

"Yeah, but not an Airbending master. Those tattoos you see on Aang... only the masters get that," Qudai told Aroon with a proud smile.

He was in thought to what Daiki said. He could understand what the dude was going through. Despite the two's currently bickering relationship, he could feel they weren't that different.

"Granted, we're luck the airbenders were all pacifists. I came up with some of ideas what airbending could potentially do and it was a little frightening," he said quietly.

Aang kept going through motions of earth-bending until he managed to bend a chunk of stone, a look of focus on his face. He was slowly getting the grasp of it.

“Yes but he’s still a kid. A kid that will have to stand up against an entire nation’s army.” Daiki explained. “Mothers Shu, Xhu, and Zhu are Fire Nation and they’ve taught us not to underestimate them. Their father was a general and his stories of what the Fire Nation military is capable of is horrifying to say the least. He was kicked out when he refused to kill an entire village worth of women and children just to get information on a resistance group.”

Aroon watched Aang intensely ocassionally changing his position and posture.

"One doesn't need to beat the army to win a war," Qudai said before he faced Aang. "We met the Prince, Zuko. He... he wasn't well. He had a big scar on his eye. According to Qudai, he heard it was from an Agni Kai with Ozai," Aang explained to them.

"I heard it from one of my former soldier buddies. Zuko opposed having the fresh recruits be meatshields in the war. He wad challlenged to a duel, but instead of the commander, it was Ozai," Qudai added as he was in some serious thought.

“You don’t know the culture he grew up in.” Daiki explained. “No matter what Zulu was raised to lead his nation and it will be next to impossible for him to go against what he’s been taught his entire life. I would know, my father is in line to be leader of this community when his father dies and as his oldest son who is also a polygamist, I am his heir. It’s hard growing up like that but it’s not like we know any different.”

"Well, his uncle was different and he was initially a pretty kind person before the thing with his dad," Qudai countered to what Daiki said while he was in thought.

"Well, from what it still sounds like, I will still need to beat Ozai," Aang noted as he looked at them all with determination. "And doing so without killing would prove a point," Qudai noted to them.

“My grandfather often worked with Iroh considering how high ranking he was. He said that Iroh was always different from his younger brother, he cared about the troops and their well-being. But he only began criticizing the war after the death of his son.” Zian said. “After the prince’s death, my grandfather said Iroh mourned more than what Ozai believed was appropriate.”

“Wasn’t it Iroh who defended Grandfather’s actions?” Tenshi asked.

“Yes, he also helped Grandfather become an exile and not be killed.” Zian answered. “Grandfather has a lot of respect for that man.”

"And we were careful not to alert anyone here so we snuck into town quietly. As of right now, we've been alluding the Fire nation pretty well," Qudai noted while he was some thinking over everything they were learning.

"Granted, we're here to celeberate and help the grooom built his new home. With Aang getting some of the basics down, he could help while watching the others go to work," he added.

"Well, he is right. We should probably continue to work unless we're gonna be doing it in the night," Aang added with a smile.

“You can never be too careful when it comes to the Fire Nation.” Zian said.

“We’re actually done.” Yuichi commented. “All that’s left I’d have the walls baked and it’ll be ready to move in.”

"Yes, this is true. Though that's why we're headed to Omashu. Once Aang learns Earthbending, then he can deal with most Firebenders up until we find someone who can teach Waterbending and Firebending on higher levels. Aang already learned the basics of Waterbending from a friend of ours," Qudai explained.

"They're also helping another place, but we promised to pick them up when we finished our business here," Aang noted. "Thanks for all of your help so far," he said with a smile. Appa made an approving noise before going to lick the closest person there, which was Aroon.

Aroon’s body stiffened when Appa licked him. His ponytail now standing up with the help of the saliva.

Miku walked reappeared with her arms full of bag from shopping. “I clearly missed something.” She said looking at Aroon.

"Just some bondign between Aang and your brothers and Aang grasping the beginning of earthbending," Qudai filled her in while he saw Aang help her out with the bags she got from her shopping.

"Looks like Appa likes you," Aang told Aroon with a smile.

“That’s good.” Miku said before laughing at Aang’s comment. “I got things for our travels.” She held up her arms, “and a wedding gift and material for baby blankets.”

“Let me help you with that.” Aroon said grabbing some of the bags.

"Oh wow, that's alot of stuff," Aang noted as he was helping Miku and Aroon. "How's the town? EVerything okay?" Qudai asked. Even though he and Aang took every precaution to avoid notice from the Fire nation and their spies, he was always on guard in the event something happened and they needed to escape.

“If you’re asking if you were followed, it doesn’t look like it.” Miku answered Qudai’s question. “I didn’t see anyone suspicious, out of place, or asking questions. Even if I did, they wouldn’t get any answers from anyone in town. We tend not to be welcoming to strangers since most people don’t approve of our lifestyle.”

"That's good to hear," Qudai noted with a relieved expression on his face. "Well, it looks like we should be all getting ready for the wedding then," Aang added with a smile.

“We actually have to help Yuichi and Aiko furnish this place.” Daiki states pointujg to the house that they’d built.

“I’ll go with them.” Aroon said volunteering to go with the Miku and the gaang. He seemed to be a bit overprotective of her.

Back
Top Bottom