Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

“You’re more than welcome to go but I have no idea where they are so you’d have to find them.” Hansuke said.

“I know where they are.” Miku chimed in.

"Where are they? Could you lead us to them?" Aang asked her, wanting to get to know Miku a bit better. "Would be a good way to help better understand them and I'm sure they'd wanna see some Air-bending," Qudai added.

“Of coarse.” Miku said. “I have to go shopping anyway.”

“Are you getting material?” Junko asked.

“Mother Zhu just announced she pregnant so yes I’m getting material for a baby blanket.” Miku answered.

Aang smiled and nodded. "All right, would you want me to wait here or come with you?" he asked Miku. "Don't worry, we've gotten good at disguising Aang," Qudai comments to them with a smile.

He did wonder if he could give Aang and Miku some alone time to get to know one another.

“Just let me get my bag first.” Miku said before she disappeared up a set of stairs.

“She always does this,” Junko chuckled, “she always makes a baby blanket anytime there’s a new baby on the way.”

Both Aang and Qudai smiled at one another upon hearing what Miku said. Despite the initial spat, she was growing on them, Aang specifically.

“How far is the mountain?” Qudai asked with a curious smile. He had a fascinating idea on how Miki can grow closer with her heritage.

Besides, it’d be hilarious to see her reaction to Appa.

Miku returned with a bag slung over her shoulder saying, “I don’t know where they are specifically, I just know the general location of where they are.”

"Well, we can get there pretty quickly and we can show you something awesome at the same time," Qudai responded to Miku with a smile while Aang was looking confused. Qudai then went outside and dragged the two to behind the house.

"Call Appa," Qudai with a big smile. Aang got a smile of his own before he went to make a gust and fly on his glider to fetch someone. Before long, Aang flew back followed from someone. Coming from his hiding place, he emerged. The six-legged air bison, looking quite pleased to see Aang, Qudai and Miku.

"This is Appa, he's my friend," Aang told Miku with a smile while letting her observe the air bison.

Miku stood there confused before Aang returned. When she saw Appa, she was surprised to say the least. “Oh my...” she said slowly walking up to him. “I’ve never seen a real one before.” She did have a stuffed animal off one that had been made by her mother but that was it.

Aang smiled as he saw Miku go up to admire Appa. Appa for the most part, looked over the mysterious new girl presented. He sniffed her before smiling at her, even licking her. "He was with me when I got frozen and we've been together since," he told her as he patted the arrow on Appa's head.

Miku’s body went rigid as she was now covered in Appa’s spit. “I’m guessing that means he likes me.” She said as she wiped some spit off of her face.

Qudai couldn't help but laugh at seeing Miku be licked like that while Aang had a guilty smile. "Yeah, he 'really likes you. Maybe he can tell you came from Airbenders," Aang noted before he focused. It took a bit of a try, but he managed to waterbed the spit off of Mike's body.

"You're getting bender at water-bending. Katara did do her best with you and I do hope she can learn more," Qudai noted before someone landed on his head. "Oh yeah, this is Momo, Aang's winged lemur," he said to her.

Miku looked surprised to see Momo. “I thought they had all died out.” She said as slowly got closer to Momo. It was off that she would say this about Momo, but not Appa, almost like she knew that there were more flying bison.

"What do you mean? There's a fair bit of winged lemurs still around, though i reckon probably not around this area," Qudai said to her with a raised eyebrow. Aang meanwhile was wondering why she didn't make a comment on Appa like that.

"As for Appa... I mean, I don't know. I figured the Monks would have a plan," Qudai added before looking to Aang. "I don't know. The Masters did mention some things about the Air Bison though it was mainly for things like diseases or other disasters," Aang said as he was in thought. Momo looked to Miku before going on top of her head.

“People have claimed they have sighted flying bisons but it’s not a common thing.” Miku explained to the two. “And a lot of the sightings can be explained away as misidentifications or people seeing something when there’s not really anything there. However there have been a few reported sightings that seem to legitimate, so if there are still some alive there’s not many.”

“Then again, winged lemurs aren’t as big as the air bison,” Qudai responded to her as he saw Momo examine Mein before he flew back to Aang’s shoulder. “Ready to get on?” Aang told Miku with a smile as Qudai took a breath and he climbed to th seat of Appa.

He wasn’t a big fan of heights, but he trusted Aang and Appa.

Miku nodded but took a couple of minutes to actually get on as she was trying to figure what would be the best way to climb onto Appa without falling or losing an article of clothing. She eventually managed to get up and take a seat.

"All right, looks like we're all on! Yip Yip!" Aang shouted with excitement once they were all on and Appa proceeded to fly through the air via air bending. Qudai gripped the seat a bit, but noted how Miku looked as she was riding an air bison like her ancestors would've.

Soon, they were in the air and they could see the mountain up with the clouds as they were looking for her brothers.

Miku wrapped her arm around one of the loops on the saddle for fear of falling off while also holding her head scarf in place to prevent it from flying off. At first her eyes were squeezed shut but she eventually became brave enough to open her eyes and look down at the ground in amazement.

"Hey, it'll be all right,," Aang told her as he had one of his arms reached to gently clasp hers to comfort her. He eventually saw her open her eyes and look down below to see the whole area while they were in the air.

"It's something, isn't it?" Qudai asked her as while he took looked nervous, he still felt comfortable and looked around as they were flying around the mountain.

Miku nodded and continued looking down while holding her headscarf in place. Ocassionally the wind would blow the scarf just enough for some of Miku’s hair to be seen showing that it was pulled to the center of her head and a braid started at her hairline going down the center all the way to the back of her head.

"What do you think? The Monks would say each experience of bending air and traveling was unique to the person," Aang shared with Miku. "They also said an air bison was a companion for life," he said with a soft smile as he petted Appa. Qudai smiled as he saw the boy and his bison.

“I don’t know how to describe it.” Miku stated. “The closest thing I can think of is unreal.” She looked at the ground both looking for her brothers and being in awe over everything that was happening.

"Yeah... I mean, I don't like heights or flying and even then, this is amazing. I trust Appa with my life," Qudai told Miku with a smile while they were looking around.

"Are those the sort of houses?" Aang pointed out while he was getting lower for them to see.

“Yes but my brothers are going to be further out with the newer houses.” Miku said pointing ahead. “The newer ones are always toward the outside. In fact the ones in the middle of town have existed for hundreds of years and have been passed down through generations.”

Back
Top Bottom