Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Aang flew Appa to the direction that Miku was pointing to while she was sharing more information between them. "How is it determined whether they get new houses or older ones?" Qudai asked as he was on the lookout so they could land and help out.

“The older houses typically go to one of the younger kids since the parents have less of a need for it. Most families are still popping out kids when their oldest children have moved out, married, and started their own families. In fact Junko has three married children and she is still having more.”

"Oh wow! That's a lot," Aang looked a bit incredulous while Qudai nodded in surprise. "Is that them?" Qudai asked as he pointed to a group of guys dressed kinda like her hard at work.

“Not really.” Miku said. “Including the two babies on the way, my dad has 102 children and that’s not even considered a large family in this community. My grandfather has twelve wives and well over 200 children.” She looked down and nodded. “Yup that’s them.”

“That is a lot of family,” Qudai managed to say after a few moments of silence from the shock that he and Aang went through because of the startling revelation on her massive family.

“Okay, incoming!” Aang notes out before they landed a bit of a distance and were able to see the stunned faces on Miku’s brothers’ faces.

“Not everyone in the community goes on to become polygamists. I would say about half go on to live monogamous lives.” Miku explained. “Being a polygamist is hard work and not everyone is cut out for it. I still haven’t decided if it’s something I’m open to.” Miku held on tighter as they made their way down.

“Makes sense,” Qudai noted to her as Appa landed. Aang got down and help d Miku down. “Hey everyone! Pleased to meet everyone here, “ Aang told them all with a smile as Qudai also got down to meet Miku’s brothers.

When they landed they were immediately surrounded by a dozen teenage boys. Four of the boys had the same skin tone as Junko and were likely her sons, three looked similar to Hansuke and most likely had Earth Kingdom mothers, and the remaining five had feature typical of Fire Nation.

"You mind telling your brothers not to worry?" Qudai said when he saw them surround them. He then cleared his throat.

"Yes he is the Avatar and an Airbender. And if anyone thinks of insulting him or anything similar because of the War and such, you will get a punch to the face and then an explanation. Any acts of violence will be avoided if you avoid doing anything that make you look like jerks," Qudai said while Aang rolled his eyes at the defensiveness his friend was showing.

“They’re just being protective of their younger sister.” Miku stated.

Miku pointed to one of the older boys, saying, “That’s Daiki.” He was clearly Junko’s son as he looked like a male version of her and probably in his mid-twenties. His skin was tan and the right side of his head was shaved while most of the hair on the left side was cut short except a small tuft of hair that was longer and held together with a decorative blue bead. He wore a dark blue shirt embroidered with darker blue thread under a light blue jacket lined with white fur. The belt that he used to tie the jacket closed was decorative and had a small bag attached to it. His dark, nearly black, pants were tucked into leather boots.

“Then that’s Kaede.” Miku said pointing to another boy, not much younger than Daiki. He looked like Hansuke but with Junko’s coloring; tan skin, dark brown, and light blue eyes. While Daiki was tall and slightly scrawny, Kaede was shorter and very muscular. He had a full head of hair that was pulled back into a ponytail and a trimmed beard. His brown pants were tucked into his black boots and slightly covered by a dark blue sleeveless jacket that was slightly tied closed. Under the jacket was a light blue kimono styled shirt.

“Over there is Kenji.” This one wasn’t as tan as the previous two but was more tan than some of the other boys. His eyes were bright green and his dark brown hair was shaved on the sides of his head. His hair created a large diamond shade on his head thanks to his widow’s peak and the back of his slowly tapering off to a point. He wore a light bluish-green long sleeved kimono style shirt tied closed with a simple belt and covered with a short sleeve dark green jacket that was lined with brown fur. His dark green pants were tucked into olive green boots.

The last one that looked like Junko was tall and of normal build. His hair was mostly shaved on the sides with small strips of hair that weren’t shaved and were braided. All of the hair was pulled back into a ponytail. He wore a skin tight dark blue long sleeved shirt which was covered by a light blue kimono style shirt. A dark brown pelt was around his waist and his black pants were tucked into his boots. “And that is Kasem,” Miku said pointing to the boy, “all four of them are Junko’s oldest sons. Daiki, Kaede, and Kenji are actually her three oldest children.”

Qudai and Aang turned and looked at all the various guys that were there that were her brothers. Both were surprised how they were all with their appearances and such. Despite it all, they were all brothers and it still surprised them both.

"I'm Aang, pleased to meet you all," Aang said while Qudai nodded. "I'm Qudai. So, how is it going?" he asked them as he looked around their work area.

The four brothers greeted Aang and Qudai before Miku went on, “Then there’s Aroon.” She pointed to a pale young man with dark eyes and hair. He wore a dark green long sleeved shirt that was buttoned closed at the middle and black pants. He had a scar going up and down his face and several more all over his exposed skin. Based on the look of his left sleeve he was also missing an arm. “He’s my dad’s third wife’s oldest son.”

She pointed to another boy, this one with medium brown hair and jade green eyes. He wore light brown pants that were tied just below his knees and a simple green shirt. The shirt button on the right side and the long sleeves were tied up with what appeared to be a light green belt sash. “That’s Chongan, the oldest son of my father’s seventh wife.”

"How do you keep track of everyone?" Qudai said when Miku finished. While he did listen at the introduction and noted everyone, he was still surprised by how big the famiy was.

Aang just shook his head at his friends' bluntness while beign happy to meet everyone. "So you're helping to make the home here through earthbending?" Aang asked.

Miku finished by introducing the last six brothers; Zian, Zhen, Zongmeng, Renshu, Tenshi, and the groom, Yuichi.

“It’s not like my moms had all of us at the same time,” Miku explained, “we had time to get used to more siblings.”

“I’ll see if I can explain it.” Daiki said. “Our father married eight women. He met my mom, Junko, when he was visiting cousins at the Northern Water Tribe. I imagine he explained how he met Miku’s mother. He met his third wife, Meili, in Ba Sing Se on business. His fourth, fifth, and sixth wives, Shu, Xhu, and Zhu, are identical triplets who grew up on a farm near the border of a Fire Nation territory. His seventh and eighth wives, Qingge and Xifeng, are from this community. I’m 25 and I’m the oldest child in the family. My mother also has Kaede, 24, Kenji, 23, twins Natsuki and Natsuko, 22, Akiko, 20, Keiko, 19, Kasem, 18, Umeko, 16, Tamiko, 15, Keitaro, 14, Kang-dae, 12, Kenshin, 10, Naoki, 9, Kyoko, 8, Takeshi, 6, Yukio, 4, Kiyoshi, 3, and twins Aiko and Akio, 1. Miku, who is 15, is Mika’s only child. Meili has Ah Cy, 24, Aroon, 21, Lin, 19, twins Ayame and Ayane, 17, Jiaying, 14, Meifeng, 11, Tuyen, 9, Chenglei, 7, Shihong, 5, Jia, 4, and Fenfang, 2. Shu is the mother of Zian, 19, Azumi, 18, Renshu, 17, Chizu, 16, Quon, 15, Dingxiang, 14, Ren, 12, Huizhong, 11, Ryuu, 10, Izanami, 9, twins Qiang and Xiang, 8, Meixiu, 6, Shirong, 5, Chaoxiang, 4, Lee #1, 3, Xueman, 1 and twins Kazuko and Kazuki, 6 months. Xhu’s children are twins Zhenzhen and Zhen, 19, Tenshi, 17, Meizhen, 16, Shizuko, 14, triplets Guoliang, Guowei, And Guozhi, 13, Xiaoli, 11, Honghui, 10, Suzuki, 8, Huojin, 7, Suravi, 6, Mizuki, 5, Lee #3, 3, Yingtai, 2, and Bojing, 3 months. Zhu’s children are Zongmeng, 19, twins Mingxia and Mingzhu, 18, Xueyou, 16, Kazuo, 15, Yüzhen, 13, Xiu, 12, Miyako, 11, Yuu, 10, Kozue, 9, Aiza, 8, Qiaohui, 7, Yingpei, 5, Hye, 4, and Lee #2, 3. Qingge has had twins Chuntao and Chongan, 17, Suyin, 14, Yeo, 11, Jiang, 9, Yon, 6, Hae, 4, Feng, 2, and Daiyu, 1. Xifeng has the fewest child with just seven: Yuichi, 16, Niu, 13, Chen, 10, Ba Tu, 8, Yuan, 6, Hua, 4, and Peng, 2.”

Aang and Qudai were both very surprised as they looked at one another. "That is impressive," Qudai said as he looked more than a little overwhelmed. aang for the most part was trying to recognize everyone's names.

"Congrats on getting married, Yuichi," Aang told him with a smile. "I wish you and your bride a long and happy life," he added. Qudai nodded with the same sentiment. "Well, we're also here to help since we came by to check some stuff," Qudai noted.

“Thank you.” Yuichi said also smiling. “I’m hoping my older brothers can give me advice about being a good husband.”

“You guys be nice to them, I have to go do some shopping.” Miku explained. “I’ll be back in about an hour.”

"Do you want us to take you back there?" Aang asked her as Appa was looking around of his area, curious about the whole place. "Well, being a good listener is always important," Qudai told Yuichi.

“No I can walk.” Miku replies. “It’s not that far of a walk. Besides there’s nowhere for uou to land, I’d end having to jump from thirty feet up.” She turned to her brother’s and told them, “Don’t give them a hard time.”

“We won’t, Miku.” Zian said.

Daiki chuckled and said, “Speak for yourself.” Miku glared at him before walking away.

"If you're sure then. Be careful," Aang told her cheerfully as he saw her off before he turned to them. Qudai gave a bit of a glare to Daiki. "All right, so what do you guys need help with?" he said, a bit on guard as he looked at the place.

“I will.” Miku responded with a smile.

“It’s pretty simple,” Yuichi said, “We’re just making a living room, kitchen, dining room, master bedroom, two bathrooms, a spare bedroom, and a nursery.”

Zian looked at his younger brother, and asked, “Nursery? Looking to add a kid this fast?”

Daiki cleared his throat, saying, “I believe he’s implying they already are.”

"Which one of you know how to Earthbend? I'm no bender and I figure Aang could get a brush on the basics," Qudai told them.

"Yeah. According to the monks, they told me that the Avatar's opposite element would usually be the hardest for them to master because of how differently they thought. I'm an Airbender so that means Earthbending will be the trickiest for me," Aang explained to them.

"I can at elast help on room structure and maybe design," Qudai added.

“I’m a waterbender.” Daiki said.

“Same.” Kaede stated.

“Fire over here.” Renshu said pointing to himself.

“Me too.” Zhen added.

“And me.” Tenshi said.

“Okay how about this, if you’re an earthbender raise your hand.” Yuichi said before raising his hand. This was followed by Kasem, Aroon, Zian, Zongmeng, Chongan, and Kenji raising their hands.

“Kenji, you don’t even bend.” Daiki said sternly.

“That’s what you think.” Replied Kenji.

“Okay, what do you bend?” Kasem asked

“The wills of my enemies.” Kenji stated proudly.

“What the hell does that even mean?” Daiki asked.

"It probably means that he irritates people to get his way," Qudai said while Aang couldn't help but chuckle. "I'd appreciate it if you all could show me some basic movements while telling me what's it like," Aang told them.

Meawhile, Momo was examining how the others were doing while Appa was sleeping.

Aroon stepped forward, saying, “To earthbend you have to be like the earth. You cannot compromise or give in because the earth does not compromise and it sure as hell doesn’t give in. You must also understand that that means it will not compromise for you. Do not think that just because you can bend earth, that you should. I made that mistake and it cost me my left arm.”

“Growing up with a waterbender as a mother,” Kasem said, “I watched her teach my siblings to bend and she always told them that water was an extension of them. However I learned that the earth is not an extension of myself, I am an extension of it.”

Aang listened to what Aroon said to him in regards to what he said. He was in thought. He wasn not stern or unyielding, to the air bender philsophy. He took a breath. Aang then got into position when he stepped back.

He then gave the men a display of some imrpessive airbending.

"I am the Avatar. I was in a spot where I could do anything a century ago. Even then, I have to do this. Alot of people are counting on me to try and end this," Aang said in a more serious tone as he tried to stand firmer.

Seeing the air-bending movements also highlighted how different it was from Earthbending or really any other bending.

Back
Top Bottom