Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two of a Kind (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

Aang and Qudai looked at one another at what the two were talking about. However, of course, they would be getting the young woman here. Qudai looked at Aang and noted that he was feeling nervous.

"How about Aang here show you what an Airbending Master can do? He mastered nearly one of te master-level techniques and then invented his own to become one?" Qudai said with a smile on his face. Aang lightened up, loving to show airbending to anyone who would see.

It would help pass the time while Miku would arrive.

That would be lovely.” Junko said as she returned to her seat next to Hansuke. She smiled, taking her husband’s hand in her’s waiting to see just what Aang could do. She had an aura around her that gave off an extremely motherly and nurturing vibe.

Aang smiled before Qudai took a step back to let the airbender prepare himself. Aang began doing alot of air-bending motions and it was amazing The air flowed in move with his graceful and acromatic moves. He would even step out the door of the home so he could do his signature move.

The air scooter, allowing him to mvoe quickly around the home. "And he's still holding back. He's getting better and coming up with more everyday," Qudai bragged to the couple like a proud older sibiling.

The couple watched intensely as Aang showed them what he was capable. “That’s amazing!” Junko said clapping her hands as Hansuke nodded in agreement.

As this was being said the young girl that was asked to retrieve Miku walked past back to her room, leaving a confused and stunned Miku awkwardly standing in the doorway.

Aang smiled as he returned to the door from his air scooter movement. However, he noticed someone new had joined up with them. Qudai also turned around to see. It was a young woman about Aang's age and Aang realized how much she looked like him.

This was her, one of the last of his people.

"Are you Miku?" Qudai asked as he noted Aang was looking at her with surprise. He figured she saw Aang pefore his airbending skills.

“Yes.” The girl said confirming her identity.

She was wearing dark green, almost black, pants that flared out at the bottom were tucked into her boots which ended just below her knees. Her boots brown hide that had a fitted middle portion tightened in the back with laces and having two long straps that were wrapped around her calves meeting at her shin with a simple gold clasp. A pale green skirt with a split on both sides covered her hips and the garment also covered her arms, part of her hands, and her head. She wore a medium green kimono top with a yellow border, it was pulled loosely around her body and tied closed with a thick brown belt. On top of that was an aquamarine sleeveless jacket with green border. Lastly she had a pale brown scarf with slightly darker, shiny embroidery was delicately wrapped around her head.

Aang took a moment to examine her and he couldn't help but notice that she was quite pretty. He wondered why the scarf was wrapped around her head, but he figured it was for her own reasons.

"I'm Aang," Aang said before he gave a smile and bowed to her.

"He's the Avatar and an Airbending Master," Qudai noted with a smile as he looked at her. However, before asking, he wanted to see what her reactions would be to the news he spoke. If they were lucky, the info would be enough to get her interest.

Miku looked at Aang in a very unsure manner, which turned into shock and disbelief when she was told who he was. This didn’t last for very long as it was replaced by anger. “You were alive this whole time?!” She asked loudly. “Do you have any idea what happened to my people because of you?! We have to hide who we are so we’re not just simply killed for it!”

Aang looked stunned at her anger before Qudai went to Aang's defense. "He was frozen!! Of course he knows what happened! Better than anyone!! It wasn't his fault he got frozen in ice!" Qudai shouted back at her with his own anger. "Furthermore, it's what saved his damn life!" he countered back as he stared at the girl. "He knows better than anyone because it was his culture, his loved ones that put their lives on the line," he finalized as he was breathign heavily.

"Qudai, enough," Aang said as he saw his friend's outburst. He didn't know what to say or do. After all, while some were content to blame him, Qudai would mention that it was their own responsability and blaming the only person who can help would solve nothing.

"We came here because we were wondering if you'd like to come with us. If you really consider yourself a member of the Air Tribe, then Aang can teach you everything you'd want to know, including Airbending if you can," Qudai said as he calmed down. He hoped their shouting match didn't get any attention.

“That’s easy for you to say, you haven’t had to hide like some kind of insect.” Miku yelled focusing her anger at Qudai. “I don’t know my own mother!”

Junko stood up, walking over to Miku, she smacked Miku on the back of the head. “Show some respect!”

Hansuke motioned got Qudai to leave the room with him. He knew that Junko would be able to handle the situation.

"You don't even know half the secrets I have to hide! My people been hiding far longer than yours," Qudai responded back, even angrier. Aang winced as he realized that Miku hit a nerve. He was the only person who knew his secret: He was descended from a long-lost tribe of Firebenders, but that was all Qudai said on the subject matter, though Aang not knowing realized they must have been ancient.

Of course, both were shocked when Junko came in to step in to talk to her and Qudai followed Hansuke. Aang sighed as he did not know what to do. Meanwhile, the ruckus attracted Momo, who came to check what was wrong with Aang. "Would you like me to leave as well?" Aang asked Junk politely.

“No.” Junko said before she turned back to Miku. “Now you’re going to listen to what this boy has to say, do you understand?”

Miku sighed and nodded, “Yes ma’am.”

Aang sighed as he looked to Miku. He was trying to figure out what to say because of everything that happened. However, he was distracted by everything Qudai did in arguing with her.

"Everything Qudai said was right. The war began when Avatar Roku died and I was 15 when I found out I was the Avatar, one year before I was supposed to know. Of course, by that point, the Fire Nation began heading toward investigating the Air Temples, trying to look for me. The monks told be to escape. I took Appa with me, my air bison, to try and escape, but I didn't know where to go. I ended up in a storm, so to try and protect us, I activated the Avatar state, but I ended up freezing ourselves as a result," Aang explained to her.

"Qudai found me and before long, me and my new friends had to fight an invasion from the Fire Nation over in the Southern Water Tribe and we won. They came with me to try and find Master Gyatso... my mentor," Aang said, his hand shaking. "He... he didn't make it. We found him among an army of fallen Fire Nation warriors," he said before he let a breath. "So I knew I was gonna be among the last so I needed to go and master the 4 Elements," he said more determined.

"My friends stayed behind at a certain area to help organize the people while Qudai was traveling with me. We're here to see if I can find an old friend of mine. The reason we stopped by here was because we heard rumors that there was another person here who was descended from the Monks," Aang added. "I... I want to teach someone airbending, that way people will know mroe on how we are and our traditions," he said. "Will you please come with us?" Aang asked.

Miku’s face began to soften as Aang spoke, and even showed a bit of guilt for yelling. She gave him a quick hug and said, “I’m sorry.” The hug made it possible for Aang to feel rough outline of Miku’s figure. She was thin but not lanky with decent sized breasts.

She nodded adding, “I’ll go but I’d like to stay for my brother’s wedding.”

Aang wasn't sure what to expect of her reaction, but he didn't expect a hug. However, he did hug her back quickly and lightly. She had a nice figure, he felt, before inwardly blushing a bit. He smiled at her response. "Of course, that sounds reasonable," he told her with a smile. "When is he getting married?" Aang asked.

“In two days.” Miku explained.

“Weddings are big here.” Junko added. “There’s always tons of food, dancing, and it’s a lot of fun.”

"Well, we would be happy to attend if you let us," Aang asked with permission while he bowed down. After everything they had been doing, it would be a good break from the monotomy.

"Everything okay?" Qudai asked as he was at the door. He was no longer anger or even frustrated, but just checking up on everyone.

"All right. Where is he so I may ask him?" Aang asked Miky before he turned to see Qudai doing there. He relaxed a bit and so did Qudai. Qudai sighed a bit before he faced Miku. "Sorry for the outburst," he told Miku as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“I believe he took some of my older brothers to find a place to set a house.” Miku said.

“Before a couple marries here, the groom, his brothers, and soon-to-be brother-in-laws to find a mountain where the couple will live. Then they use earthbending to create rooms.” She held Hansuke’s hand. “I remember when Hansuke and I arrived from the North Pole and he went out with his brothers to find this mountain.”

“I remember how my younger siblings thought you were the coolest just because you’re a waterbender.” Hansuke said with a chuckle.

Qudai was listening about their traditions and he found the whole thing fascinating. "What would happen if the married couple wouldn't want to live here, but elsewhere?" Qudai asked, curious. Unknown to anyone, his eyes snck to Miku and Aang. He wondered where they would live if they ever got together. Qudai figured back in the Air Temple where Aang was raised.

“They’re free to go where they please.” Hansuke said. “Although not many places are welcoming to our lifestyle. It’s surprising that I found five of my wives outside of the community.”

“Your father married a firebender and your grandfather married a waterbender.” Junko said after a sigh. “Your family seems to be especially talented at getting women from outside of polygamy to marry you all.”

“Yes but it’s not common for female who aren’t polyglets to become a plural wife.” Hansuke stated.

"Well, I suppose when it comes to common people, they just wanna find a sense of community that nationalism may not provide," Qudai noted with a thoughtful expresion. Aang noted that with Qudai. While Aang was a man of the past and spirituality, Qudai was one of the future and progress. From his clockwork-empowered crossbow to his various ideas.

He and Aang couldn't help but chuckle at what Junko said and how Hansuke responded. "Wel, we will be happy to ask and help out," Aang answered. "Aang knows some basic water-bending and maybe helping with the earth-bending could help him get into the right mind. Avatars tend to have trouble bending the element opposite of their born one, so with Aang's case, that'd be earth," Qudai added.

“It’s because people don’t understand polygamy.” Hansuke explained. “They have this idea that when a woman gets too old her husband finds to new, younger wife and in some cases that’s true. However that’s incredibly rare, or at least it is in our community. In fact our age of consent is higher than most other places in the Earth Kingdom which is anywhere from fourteen to seventeen, our’s is eighteen for girls and nineteen for boys.”

Qudai listened to Hansuke's grievances toward the assumptions done toward people like his family. "Well, as long as it is concensual and no one is acting like scoundrels, it should be good. You all seem like good people," he told them all while Aang nodded. He preferred to listen in and take what he could in since he had alot to learn about the world.

"We're just happy no trouble has come here yet," Aang nodded. "Yeah and if they're working on the home right now, I would be happy to help out," he offered. Qudai just nodded with a likewise response. He was not a bender, but being a learned man meant he could contribute with his own thoughts on archeitecture.

Back
Top Bottom