Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TT: The Threat Behind Shadows (DaddysLittleSkank & MysteriousD)

"You sure you'all be able to handle the pressure," Aquad asked her with concern. He usually forgot tot woke that into account, but looking back it made sense. Usually, the pressure wasn't that much because Atlantis was not fully deep in the water. They were still in the area that could get a good amount of sunlight.

Diego didn't know what to expect. His face blushed when she went to close to his face. For a brief moment, he thoughit she was gonna do some sort of mind thing. However, his face turned intensely red when she kissed him. His mind flooded when joy when he felt her lips on his kiss and her tongue in his. To say it was incredible was a massive understatement. He was too stunned to do anything else, but he felt his heart swell.

"If it's a problem, I'll tell you." Mynx stated. "Then we'll figure something out." She had a personality that was very much "deal with it when it comes up." Mynx wasn't the type to stress out about something that was in the future.

After a few moments she backed away and began speaking Spanish to him "Hello, I can speak Spanish now."

"All right then. See you tomorrow," Aqualad told her with a smile before he kissed her hand and he dove off into the sea. He very much had a pleasant evening and he hoped Aquaman's friend would be able to help though he didn't know him himself.

Diego was still stunned and blushing, though his face revealed he very much liked the kiss a lot. "That's... amazing," he said to her, though still with a goofy lovestruxk grin. It was overwhelming, having his first kiss be with her. "That is good Doanish," he responded to her in soanish. He then looked up.

"We should probably head back inside and go to bed," he noted to her.

Starfire agreed and the two went upstairs.

The next day, Mynx woke up earlier than everyone else, she ate breakfast and began getting ready. She put on a bikini on before putting a beach cover up on. She then pulled her hair into a ponytail and quickly made it into a bun. Lastly she did her makeup using waterproof makeup, the kind she normally used when preforming.

Aqualad came up to the Tower island. He had talked with Aquaman and his friend said he would be happy to help. Aquaman hismelf epxressed interest in Mynx considering how the rise in young metahumans meant the whole League had to pitch in to help, especially as findings by those like Mr. Terrific, there were some aritifical metahumans being born.

"Good morning, Mynx. You ready?" he asked her with a friendly smile when she arrived.

Diego went up with Starfire before facing hers. "Uh Starfire... thanks. That was my first kiss. It means alot to people their first kiss and... I'm really happy it was with you," he said to her shyly. He took a deep breath before he gave her a quick peck on the cheek before he headed to his room.

The next morning, he was blushing for what he did, but he took a breath. He waved to everyone good morning though he did notice that Beast Boy and Raven were walking together talking about something... and holding hands. He said nothing.

"Good morning, Starfire! Ready to head out?" he asked her in regards to going to help register her.

"Yes." Mynx said. She was wearing a pastel pink sundress over her bikini that matched her lipstick and had a small messenger bag slung over her shoulder. "I do have this though," She said as she pulled an object that was bigger than her hand that was wrapped in white cloth out of her bag. She delicately unwrapped it, revealing a large shark tooth. "It's a megalodon tooth, I thought I'd give it to Aquaman as a thank you for helping me. I also have a helicoprion tooth whirl for his friend."

Starfire nodded, saying, "I believe so." She went over a checklist of the things she needed to do that morning in her head, mentally checking them off.

Aqualad smiled and nodded before he looked over the tooth. He smiled at it. "That's a very generous gesture Mynx," he told her before he held her hand and dove the both of them into the water. He took a breath of the water as he began swimming her to Atlantis or rather one of the outposts of Atlantis since swimming straight to the Atlantic would be rather tedious.

"You doing all right?" he asked her underwater.

Diego wondered what was Starfire's thoughts on what happened yesterday, but decided not to dwell on the matter. He had spent the evening doing research on dealing with his Missing Person status and getting that fixed. He also was going through the process of registering Starfire, having already got some basic stuff done. It was just a matter of getting into the office.

"I'm pretty excited. Are you?" he asked her with a smile.

Watching Mynx in the water anyone who didn't know her would probably guess she was an Atlanean as she swam with such grace and skill that it truly did seem like she had spent her entire life underwater. Even with her dress and bag making her less aerodynamic, Mynx was still quite fast. "So far so good." She thought telepathically to Aqualad.

"I am more nervous than anything." Starfire said. It was clear she wasn't acting her normal energetic, upbeat self.

Aqualad is as impressed by seeing how natural Mynx took to diving through water. She looked st ease while swimming through it. He smiled at her encouragingly. "Okay. We'll be going to an Atlantean outpost that will take over to the area," Aqualad explained to her as they kept going down and savoring the deep ocean blue.

"What's the matter?" Diego asked. His face become one of concern immediately and he wanted to know what is the matter. "Are you worried about this? Like, I'll have your back for this," he said, trying his best to comfort her.

Mynx nodded as she followed Aqualad, having no trouble keeping up with him. It was clear she had strength and speed greater than that of an everyday human.

"Yes," Starfire said with a nod, "and I am also wondering if overstepped yesterday with this 'kiss' thing."

"Have you also gotten any questions or such you wouldwant to ask? His capabiities will allow to find more information and so on. Aquaman even informed him to prepare to find out," Aqualad told her as they kept going down. "Are you also handling with the pressure?" he asked her as they kept going down. It wouldn't be long now to reach the outpost.

Diego blushed when Starfire mentioned the kiss. "Starfire, I meant what I said yesterday. I'm really happy my first kiss was with you," he told her with a bashful smile. It certainly did mean alot to him. "You did nothing wrong," he further comforted her. They were in the elevator and it opened to the Tower ground. "And I wanted to say thank you," he finished his shy smile still there.

"Yes I do." Mynx stated. "I wrote down a bunch of questions on some paper and then put the paper in a plastic bag so it wouldn't get wet." Mynx wasn't sure how many of the questions this mysterious person could answer but she wanted as many answers as she possibly could get.

Starfire smiled, releaved in that she hadn't done anything wrong. "You are welcome." She said happily. She was still nervous about registering but at least she wasn't nervous about the kiss anymore.

"Well, I hope he'll be able to answer as many of them as he could," Aqualad explained to Mynx with a smile as they kept swimming. After going through an oddly empty bit of water, they entered upon a secret area. It was a city, well a city-like outpost. The architecture was Greco-Roman and Egyptian in design, but made of exotic materials. There were some newer structures in modern styles and some Atlanteansnorficals were talking to scientists in deep sea suits.

"Yeah, Atlantis is working on improving relations with the other nations and such in maintains and protecting the seas," he added with a smile.

Upon seeing Starfire relax, Diego smiled brighter. His blush still remained though. "Have you thought of what you will put your name as? I mean, I don't know if Starfire is your real name or if it's a translation from your language," Diego asked as he was thinking. They had exited the tower and walking to the city.

"Wow." Mynx said in awe of her surroundings. "This is amazing!" She had taken an art history class in school that had covered ancient Greek and Egyptian architecture so she was somewhat able to identify the style and purpose of the buildings.

"It is a translation." Starfire clarified. "My actual name is Koriand'r, so maybe my name can be Korey."

"Glad you like it," Aqualad said confidently before he dove over to an area somewhat seperated from the rest. He landed on the steps along with Mynx before seeing the group of guards around the area. "Morning, gentleman. I'm here on business to see Aquaman," Aqualad told them with a smile. "She's my guest; we have an appointment with Aquaman," he explained to them. THe guards nodded before they let them through. THere was a glowing pedestal with glowing runes. "Tell me when you're ready," he said with a smile, letting her take in everything.

"Well, it's nice that I get to hear your name," Diego told her with a smile. "Kori... yeah, that sounds like a nice name. Though that just leaves the last name though not everyone has one," Diego was trying to think in regards to how this could work. "Mine is Vendrix. My full name is thus Diego Vendrix," Diego told her with a smile. They had reached the city and were walking among it. "Though I suppose it is interesting. My home city doesn't really have a hero team there," he noted.

"This is all incredible." Mynx said following Aqualad. "Disney ain't got shit on the real thing." She swam over the the pedestal. "I'm ready whenever you are."

"Perhaps my last name could be Vendrix also?" Starfire said in a questioning manner while walking beside Diego. "Although Mynx did suggest the last name Anderson."

When Mynx got her fill of looking, he got a smirk. "I am afraid you haven't seen anything yet," Aqualad told her with a smile before grabbing her hand and stepping on the pedestal before speaking in Atlantean. It glowed before they disappeared in a shimmer of blue light. The sensation was like going through a water slide yet mroe serene and peaceful.

Within an intsnat, they arrived. They were inside a grand hall, resmebling something of a train station or a large bus stop where several others were going in and out. Aqualad smirked before he showed her to see Atlantis, all while stll holding her hand.

"This is Atlantis," he said as he showed her the giant city state that rested in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Diego blushed quite brightly when she suggested her new surname. "Traditionally, when people share the same surname, it either means they're family... or they're married," he said with a bright blush and shy smile. He was thinking. In theory, if she did give married to him, it would make the registration process easier. It was somewhat like normal citizenship, but due to her activity as a superhero, it made things alot easier. Though, that would mean she would want to get married to him.

While they were making their way through Atlantis, Mynx was looking around with complete fascination and awe, completely unaware that she stood out like a sore thumb. Her clothing and behavior made her stand out and a lot of the people around them would stare. "This is amazing." She said with a smile.

"Oh," Starfire said. She knew what marriage was due to the time she was almost tricked into marriage by her sister, so she knew it was a big step. A big step that she was not actually ready for.

Aqualad was used to people looking at him in Atlantis. Being a star rookie hero and Aquaman's successor and partner would do that to you. Of course, he did give people a look when they began staring at Mynx. It wasn't uncommon for him to bring people from land, but the fact she would breathe underwater and not be Atlantean was something of notice.

"Come, we need to get going so we are not late. I'll show you around later, I promise," Aqualad told her with a smile before holding her hand and swimming to the palace.

Diego was still blushing, but evetually realized the silence was a bit too uncomfortable fr him. "Well, you don't have to come up with the last name now. But beyond that, it should be easy. After all, you are a famous heroine and since I'm sponsoring you, that makes it even easier," he told her with a smile, hoping to lighten the mood. "What else worries you?" he asked her

"Okay." Mynx said as she swam along side him. She was nervous, not knowing if she truly wanted to know the answers about her past or even her existence.

"Will it be possible for me to blend in without being recognized?" Starfire asked. Her hair wasn't a color that existed in humans without hair dye, would she have to dye her hair or wear a wig?

"Something up? You sound nervous," Aqualad paused before he stopped swimming and looking at Mynx. He was able to tell that something was up based on her facial expressions and tone. "Worried about what you might find out?" he guessed.

"I figure so. It's not uncommon for people to look all sorts of way. The skin could be explain via being tanned and while it's not normal with the red hair or green eyes, no one will make a big deal out of it. Surprisingly, not a lot of people take into consideration that superheroes have orindary lives. Some think it, but don't really absorb it," Diego explained to her. "You don't have to worry about changing your appearance," he told her with a smile. They were almost at the building.

"Yeah," Mynx stated with a sigh, "what if I find out I'm some living weapon meant to bring down the League?"

"Okay." Starfire said with a relieved smile. She took Diego's hand and walked closer to him.

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time oganizations would try and do something crazy like that. But if that was the case, you have a choice to make. You are you and you live your life the way you want to," Aqualad told her with a confident look. "After all, look at everything Raven has accomplished," he reminded her of what her comrade managed to do.

Diego blushed a bit when he felt her hand grab his and her closer presence. However, he relaxed and felt quite nice having her close to him. They arrived at the building. It was a civil service building. He went in with her. "Welcome... You must be Starfire! Pleasure to meet you," the attendent told her. She was one of the many civilians who were grateful for what the Titans do to protect them. "Good morning, ma'am. We're here for the appointment," he said.

"You must be her sponsor then. Well, it was tricky doing this since we also had to process and remove your Missing Person status," she said before smiling and showing them the elevator. "Head to the 13th floor, our metahuman departments," she told them before DIego walked to the elevator with Starfire. "I'm thinking after this, we can get some lunch," he told Starfire.

"I know but it's one thing to see someone else go through it and it's another to go through it yourself." Mynx said before giving a weak smile. "Either way, at least I'll know."

Starfire shook the attendant's hand. "It is nice to meet you as well." She said in her normal friendly tone. She continued to hold Diego's hand as they walked. "That sounds like a great idea."

Aqualad just squeezes Mynx's hand comfortingly before they kept swimming. It'll be okay," he tells her with a smile before they enter the palace. Sitting in front of them was Aquaman along with the QUeen, Mera, holding the young prince. "Good morning, Aquaman. I introduce you to Mynx. She's the one I told you about," he said as he introduced Mynx to the King of Atlantis.

Diego just squeezed Starfire's hand slightly, showing his joy at this. "Where would you like to have lunch?" he asked as they were going through the floors on the elevator.

Back
Top Bottom