Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TT: The Threat Behind Shadows (DaddysLittleSkank & MysteriousD)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
It was a dark and stormy knight. Lightning danced and thunder crashed across the sky (the phenomena, not the two brothers). Near a certain T-shaped tower, the waves were rocking and the six teenagers inside were preparing in the event that the storm could become something of a hurricane and threatened their city. However, unbeknowist to them, something was headed toward them in the water. Or rather, someone.

"Come on, we're almost there!" the voice said as he was swimming through the water. Normally, few would go through this stormy area, but he wasn't an ordinary person. He was an Atlantean, none other than the protege of Aquaman himself, Aqualad. Well, at least that's what he's still called. Garth was still thinking on what he would name himself when he would graduate from the mantle of being Aquaman's sidekick. It was a conversation he had with Robin several times before. While he could easily swim through the water and glide, his added difficulty was due to ensuring the safety of the unconscious person he was carrying. Normally, he would call the Coast Guard, but this guy was different. After all, how often do you see someone successfully escaping the League of Assassins, much less take down one of their bases. Aqualad didn't even mean to encounter him. He just happened to be close by, and he didn't have enough time to call his team over, especially since Speedy was recovering from an event. But furthermore, the Titans held one of the formost experts on cyborganic parts.

He eventually came to the Tower, carrying the guy and saw the doors open. Looks like the Titans saw him coming from the cameras. He looked down on the guy who helped him out. He was Hispanic-looking, though not Guatemalan like Mas and Menos. He had a stocky build with some light olive skin. He was about his age, though he looked a bit younger, with a boyish face. However, the notable thing was the torn uniform he was wearing and of course, the obvious thing, the cyborgantic implants in his arms, legs and even a bit on the chest. When he made his way, he saw the Titans... though with someone he hasn't seen before.

The new girl, Mynx, was a sixteen year old with a light peach skin tone, blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail, full lips, a straight nose, a body that would make a goddess jealous, and red eyes without any distinction between the sclera, iris, and pupil.

As for a costume, it was skintight with short sleeves, had shorts, and was made from a material that could adapt with physical changes such as shape shifting or turning invisible. Built into it were two strips of pockets on the hips resembling a utility belt. She wore knee high platform boots over fishnet stockings and fingerless gloves.

Her powers consisted of being able to breathe underwater, shape shift, inhuman speed, super strength, and the ability to change color (including being able to become invisible).

Mynx didn't know why she had so many powers, but the reason was that she was a government experiment meant to be able to take out the Justice League if they were to go rogue. The experiment consisted of taking a fertilized egg and taking out the genetic material in order to replace it with the mapped out DNA strands of several superheroes and villains. After that was done, the egg was implanted in a surrogate. It took several attempts to have a healthy pregnancy as the kryptonian genes would result in the surrogate having broken bones and internal injuries very early on requiring the pregnancy to be terminated at risk of the woman's life.

The scientists finally got it to work by suppressing many of the embryo's powers and making it so they would develop over time once puberty had begun. Towards the end of this pregnancy, the surrogate discovered the truth of the brutal training they intended to put the child through and fled. She burned the lab to the ground and knowing they'd never stop trying to find her, she put the newborn baby girl on a doorstep with a letter begging the couple living there to care for the baby.

Just as the team went to help the two, an alarm went off. It seemed someone was using the storm as an opportunity to break various criminals out of the prison. Cyborg and Mynx stayed behind to take care of the Aqualad and this guy.

"What happened?" Mynx asked, after the four were in the medical bay. She grabbed a first aid kit as Cyborg went to work on the other guy. "And are you hurt?"

"I'm all right, just exhausted from carrying him," Aqualad said as he gave over the unconscious teenager over to Cyborg. "He escaped from sort of establishment of the League of Assassins," he explained over to the both of them. "I saw him when I was investigating some strange activity. I don't know why the League wants him, though I do think I know," Aqualad said before Cyborg flinched a bit when he was a bit uncarefful. A bit of ice was on Cyborg's finger.

"He appears to have some sort of ice powers... and he has cyborg parts and trained by the League," Aqualad summed up, sounding a bit more bemused by it. "He's some sort of cyborg ninja with ice powers," he said before he took a better look at Mynx. "I haven't met you before. Pleasure to meet you, Miss. I'm Aqualad," Aqualad said gentlemanly to the heroine.

"Cyborg, you may want to restrain him." Mynx said. "If the League of Assassins trained him, we don't know if he'll be hostile when he wakes up. And we should have at least one person in here in case the restraints fail." Cyborg nodded, before going back to work.

"I'm Mynx." She said to Aqualad blushing. "I just joined not too long ago."

Aqualad smiled at her blushing expression. "Well, pleasure to meet you, Miss Mynx," Aqualad said gentlemanly. "What sort of superpows do you have, if any?" Aqualad asked her as he followed Cyborg and walkign alongside her to see the young man.

"Yeah, this is cyborganic technology. It's not like mine though and it was only in patches on his body. It was made mainly to augment his speedad strength and such. So like you said, Aqualad, it was definitely like something some sort of assassin or ninja would want. Then there's the fact that some of the tech is used to help focus his powers," Cyborg said as the young man was still unconsious. His arms and legs had cybog parts in it, with still flesh on it and a bit on the chest.

"It won't take that long to repair him. Maybe we can get some answers," Cyborg explained to the two. Aqualad nodded at her. "Well, the others have went to patrol the city. What would you like me to do?" he asked the two.

"We have some titanium restraints in the basement, I'll go get them." Mynx said before leaving.

"I'd be careful if I were you." Cyborg said once Mynx was gone. "She's getting new powers practically on a daily basis, and she hasn't learned how to control the ones she already had."

Aqualad smiled ovr at Mynx. "Well, I figured Robin's trainign regiments would've helped. But how does she get new powers?" Aqualad asked curiously. When the young man was restrained and Cyborg finished fixing him up, he began stirring up. "Eeeeergh... what... what happened?" he said as he was trying to focus his eyes and such. He felt tired, exhausted and weak. "Where... where are my glasses?" he asked.

"Here, I got them cleaned up while Cyborg was repairing you," Aqualad said as he put the glasses on the young man's face. "Now, we have a couple of questions for you, though from what it sounds like, you probably won't be able to answer that many. So, who wants to ask him a question or two?" he asked as he looked to Cyborg and Mynx.

"Robin's training helps, but it's hard to work with her powers if we don't understand them." Cyborg explained. "Since she came here a few weeks ago she already gained shape shifting, invisibility, telekinesis, and she's only gotten stronger and faster. As far as why, no one has any idea."

Mynx returned with the restraints placing them on the unconscious cyborg. "I will." She offered. "I can see you're still a bit disoriented, so we'll start simple; who are you?"

"I figured Robin would've gone to Batman to have her examined and make sure everything was okay," Aqualad answered as he found all of that pretty interesting. "That is quite an itneresting array of powers though," he commented before he saw Mynx return with the restrains and placing them on the young man shortly before he woke up.

"My... my name is Diego," Diego managed to say groggily as he looked down on himself and despite his tired state, he looked shocked, but surprisingly, not surprised. "I was a student on some sort of field trip before... I got kidnapped. They did this to me. And they said they were gonna turn me into a weapon... but I managed to escape and got out. I guess I made it to the sea and he saved me," he said as he managed to turn over to Aqualad.

"Field trip?" Mynx asked with a puzzled look. "Was it with your school? What was the trip supposed to be?"

"What are you thinking, Mynx?" Cyborg asked.

"I'm thinking it was a trap." She said. "One of my contacts has said that there's an underground group of villains larger than the League of Assassins, much larger! Actually both groups share some members and this larger group has been looking into something called the metagene. I can't find much information on it but what I did find out is that some humans have dormant genes that produce super powers and if these people are put under enough strain that gene may activate. This group has reportedly been abducting people with the metagene to use as foot soldiers."

"And you haven't told us this?" Cyborg asked.

"Look I have no doubt we can take down the League of Assassins, but this new group, not so much." She sighed. "I informed the Justice League and they're handling it. It's a bit beyond our abilities. I mean I don't know all the members but I know enough to say the entirety of the Titans wouldn't stand a good enough chance for me to purposefully get involved."

"Who are these villains?" Cyborg asked again.

"Just about every villain you can imagine. Just the ones I know of are," Mynx started counting on her fingers, "Joker, Lex Luther, Darkseid, Brainiac, Vandal Savage, Doomsday, Mongul, Bizarro, Zod, Parasite, and there's even rumors of them trying to add Trigon to their ranks."

"My powers... oh yeah, the ice powers. I got that during the trip. It was a ski trip and when I was walking around, I fell into this strange frozen pond. Before I knew it, ice crystal began growing from my fingers. Last thing I remember was collapsing near some sort of gray metal building in the distance," Diego elabroated to Mynx.

"I have doubts that Trigon would be involved since he is no longer able to access this dimension because of what you guys did back those months ago," Aqualad questioned what Mynx said regarding that. "And why would Darkseid get involved? I thought he and Lex Luthor disappeared months ago," he said, remembering what Aquaman explained to him.

"We can go double-check on that information, but it would explain why Lexcorp was bought out by other coporations like Wayne Industries and Kord Industries," Cyborg noted. He then looked to Diego. "So, these guys kidnapped you, right? Well, I gotta wait until Robin gets back, but maybe you should consider what you can do with your powers," Cyborg told him. Diego smiled.

"I did always wanted to be a hero," Diego told them with a smile.

"Well there is power in numbers." Mynx stated. "And the best way to bring down the heroes is for the villains to team up. The good news is as long as they don't realize we have one of their kidnapees, they probably won't come after us. At least not until they've taken down the Justice League. To them we're kids, sidekicks that will never be as good as the heroes. We simply aren't a big enough threat to them."

"And if we can keep it that way, we can gather more intel and better prepare to take them down." Cyborg.

"Well, for now, let's focus on what we do know and make sure everything is confirmed about their roster," Aqualad said seriously, making note to explain everything to Aquaman and such, especially to tell his team. He looked down to Diego. "Well, we can alway use heroes. I should warn you; Robin will probably train you a good deal," he said good-humorously.

"All right, we should let Diego get some sleep. The others should be back soon. I'll take Diego to one of the rooms. Have fun talking you two," Cyborg said teasingly as he took the cyborg ninja into a room to rest. Aquaman just smiled back, junderstanding what Cyborg was saying. "So, should we talk here in the Tower?" Aqualad said to her with a charming smile.

"Here's fine." Mynx sat down on the examination table and crossed her legs. "I can arrange to meet with my contacts see what they can gather about this new group, maybe find out what they're calling themselves and more importantly get some confirmations on the members. It will take some time to track all of them down and approach them at an appropriate time when we won't be caught. I'm not willing to put them in danger just for a bit of information."

Mynx had two contacts; one was a freelance hitman and the other a trusted member of the League of Assassins and a candidate to join this new group.

Aqualad was listening to everything she was saying about all of this. However, he was wondering how the heck she got involved in all of this. Her erratic superpowers were one thing, but how did she get two contacts with the criminal underground is another thing.

"How did you get your two contacts?" Aqualad asked her curiously. He did see the door open and the other Titans arrive. Both looked pretty tired and then Cyborg came out to give them the information of everything that had happened.

"I grew up with up with one of them." She said giving the others a wave. "The other owes me a couple favors after I taught her boyfriend that it's not okay to beat women. One thing I will not tolerate is domestic violence, no matter who the victim is. I lost a cousin to it and I do everything I can to help others in that situation."

Aqualad listened to how she knew two members of the criminal underworld and it gave more questions than answers. "Cyborg also mentioned that you been having some trouble with your powers. I know someone who knows someone who might be able to help you a bit with that," Aqualad offered to her with a friendly smile.

"Okay, we're going to rest and recover before doing the nightly runs. Who wants to be the one to check on our unconscious guest?" Robin says to them after Cyborg told them everything. "Not me, dude," Cyborg said. "I gotta work on maintanance and Raven said she was gonna help," he explained. "Well, Beast Boy is gonna talk to the Doom Patrol while I'll be talking to the League. Guess that leaves you to check on our guest, Starfire," Robin told her.

"Yeah, its been hard trying to keep up with controlling them like." Mynx stated. "Can I get a name of this person?"

Starfire nodded before flying off to find the room. Once she found the room, she landed softly on the ground and knocked on the door. "Hello?" She asked not sure if she should go in.

"I actually don't know. I do know that Aquaman speaks highly of him and that whenever there is trouble regarding matters that is not of normal understanding, he goes to him. Maybe I can take you tomorrow morning?" Aqualad offered her. He didn't much about Aquaman's comrade, though he's considered invaluable to the Justice League and he hoped it could be a big help.

The door opened on its own and when Starfire would look insde, she'd see Diego sitting up, rubbing his hand in a bit of exhaustion before putting his glasses on. Sleep wouldn't be coming to him that easily. He turns to see Starfire and blushed a bit. He knew that a good amount of heroes and heroines were attractive, but seeing one up close and Starfire was just... wow.

"Um hi," Diego says with a smile as he looks at her. "You came to check up on me?" Diego asked Starfire.

"Okay, I'll give it a shot." Minx wasnt about to get her hopes up, many had tried to help her control her powersl. She had turned to the Justice League previously in hopes they could help her. She trained with Flash to control her speed, yet she still has trouble slowing down without crashing. Superman tried helping her with super strength and flying, which went okay however she still couldn't combine the two. The best anyone did was help her to get a grip on certain powers, never more than two powers and never full control.

"Yes." Starfire said with a smile. "Are you feeling better?"

Aqualad smiled and nodded. "All right, I'll contact Aquaman so he can talk to hm ad let you know you'll be going," Aqualad told her with a smile. "Look, I can sense that you're probably feeling stressed regarding your powers and I wanna know if there's anything I can do to help now," he said with a smile at her. "I wasn't always the big shot young hero you saw here. WHen I was younger, I wasn't really strong or good on land," he admitted to her a bit quietly.

Diego saw her smile and it made his heart skip a beat. "Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better, but still kinda tired. You're Starfire, right? It's a real pleasure to meet you," Diego told her with a smile.

"No it's fine." Minx said. Honestly Aqualad was doing more than enough helping her, especially since they'd just met.

"That is good to hear." Starfire said. "Yes I am, and who might you be?"

"Well, since the team looks like they are going their seperate ways for the evening, that leaves the two of us for now. What would you like to do? Maybe we can grab some dinner," Aqualad suggested as he saw the Titans prepare to do what they needed to do.

"My name is Diego," Diego introduced himself with a smile to Starfire. "Thanks for checking on me," he said to her. He took a moment to admire her. She was beautiful yet he knew she was badass, one of the powerhouses of the team. The silence was disturbed for a moment when Diego's stomach gurgled. He blushed a bit before getting an awkward smile and rubbing the back of his head. "Looks like I'm hungry. It has been a long while since I've eaten anything," he said.

"Umm, sure." Minx said blushing a bit. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Come with me, I'll show you where the kitchen is." Starfire suggested. She knew not to offer to cook as the other Titans didn't seem to be very fond of her cooking.

"Well, I don't eat fish or shellfish as you could pobably guess, but beyond that, I am pretty open," Aqualad said as he led her to the elevator and it began headng down to the base of the tower. The rain had stopped, but it was still quite downcast and stormy-looking outside. Aqaualad actually liked it, because of water and such.

Diego smiled and nodded before stepping out of bed. He was still feeling tired and hurt, but he couldn't deny the offer from a lovely lady. "Well, maybe I can cook some dinner for the both of us. It looks like your teammates will be having their meal by themselves so it'll be just the two of us," he offered to her with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom