Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TT: The Threat Behind Shadows (DaddysLittleSkank & MysteriousD)

"I'm sure NOAA would love to have you." Mynx said. "They aren't affiliated with any country and they work a lot with marine ecosystems. Honestly I'd love to work for them."

Starfire got excited, "You would do that?!"

"Well then, perhaps I could put in for the bpth of us. Various organizations have been wanting to work with the various superheroes and I think that is a good idea," Aqualad said to her with a smile. "Aquaman has been looking to get more people involved in protecting the oceans," he noted.

"Of course! I'd be happy to help! To be honest, it's just a matter of doing some of the basic matters of paperwork and such, but theres alot of people who appreciate superheroes and I will do everything so you could live a normal life. You could even stay with me for a while if you needed to," Diego told her with a smile.

"It shouldn't be hard, my dad has done some work with them in the past." Mynx said. "And I helped out with that oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico by cleaning up some the oil and washing animals." She chuckled. "I gave my cousin a heart attack once when we were deep sea fishing. We saw a ship a good distance from us that was shark finning, so I jump in and swam over. Using a pocket knife, I cut the fishing lines. My cousin thought I was going to die."

Starfire hugged him, repeating "Thank you!" over and over.

"Well, that's something Atlantis has also been working with it. We understand the ened for fishing and so on, but there were just some things that need to be alot more careful with. The League has been really helpful with us on that, Especially with some connections to larger corporations that help us," Aqualad explained with a smile while he kept going. "You're definitely quite a heroine," he complimented her with a smile. "Things are getting better and I'm glad we're able to make a difference, even if we often have to fight supervillains or other creeps to do so," he added.

Diego froze and blush when he felt Starfire embrace him, even lifting both of them in the air because of her flight. He somewhat melted in her embrace yet he mnaged to somewhat snapped himself back to reality. "N-n-no problem, Star!" Diego said with a goofy smile and blush still on his face. "It'll require a bit of stuff, but the superhero ciommunity has easy ways to help and such. And I'll help you in filling it all out and even getting a job anf such," he said to her with the goofy smile, staring at the bubbly alien girl.

"Thank you." Mynx said. "I do what I can to help everyone I can, even if they aren't the best of people."

Starfire only grew more and more excited as Diego continued speaking. "That would be glorious!"

Aqualad kept walking with her and leading her through the town and toward the Tower. "Do you like it here in Jump City?" Aqualad asked her as he began thinking of a possibility for them while also setting up for when to introduce her to Aqauman's friend tomorrow.

"Yeah," Diego said with a big blush on his face and enjoying being very much hugged like a plushie by Starfire. "Tomorrow, Robin said he's gonna help me with re-establishing me back into society and I can pick up the papers to help you out," he said. He had a lot of work to do, but seeing Starfire smile and be happy was worth it. "What do you think would be something you'd lke to do?" he asked her with a smile.

"Yeah, I miss my hometown but it's nice here." Mynx nodded. She was from a small town that had one school for all grades, a church, a jail, a general store, and maybe three restaurants.

"I will go with you and Robin tomorrow." Starfire said. "I do not know, I do not what kind of careers are available here on Earth.0

"I guess I was wondering. Robin has been talking about how we're all establishing more Titans section across the United States. Jump City here in California, Titans East over in New York, Titans North in the Great Lakes and Titans South in Florida were some we got started, but we're thinking of adding more and that'll require of restructuring," Aqualad explaining as he was in thought. He knew that there was a plan for a Titans Southwest where Mas y Menos considered going due to their advantage in speaking Spanish there.

"Well, I'm not sure if Robin is going to come or go anywhere. I think he's just gonna get me some information," Diego noted. He did smile. "Of course, I'll still be able to help you. Well, what would you like to do? I mean, from what I got from Robin, alot of heroes have secret identities to keep their civilian lvies and superhero lives apart," Diego explained. "I guess it does keep some thing simple. And for careers, well it all depends. What do you like do, as in makes you happy?" he asked her.

"I've actually brought up the possibility of branching out to other countries. I've suggested having at least one team on every continent. The problem is getting enough heroes who are willing to work together to those locations." Mynx responded.

"All of the heroes I know of that have secret identities were born as those people, I do not know of anyone that was a hero before getting a secret identity." Starfire said.

"I will try and extend the call in the superhero community on the international level, but there isn't all that much. I mean the Justice League is doing its best, but we have a long way to go to figure out," Aqualad explains as he was in thought. "I do think over time and through out the generations, we'all be figure something out," he added as they began seeing the tower in the distance.

"Well, I'll be able to help on that. With how many hero enand sucu are coming, not slot of people are asking answers and sometimes people just kinda ease in. Though maybe if we could somehow connect you with someone else it wood be easier," Diego explained to her. "I'll be here to help you, Star," he added to her. "I mean, living with the Titans, you know how to clean and stuff,"" he added.

"Yes and our numbers will only grow generation after generation." Mynx nodded in agreement. "Whether it's the children of heroes, aliens, or whatever, there will be more of us. But unfortunately the same goes for villains."

"That is true," Starfire said, thinking, "and I have learned a great deal about life on Earth already."

"Well, it's something that Superman said. It's the neverending battle. There's always gonna be people who want hruut others or use them or whatever. So it's up to us to protect innocent people and help make a better tomorrow. I mean, we have alot of past heroes to look up to. Not just like Superman and Batman, but the old timers like Dr. Midnight and Starman and even Doctor Occult," Aqualad said as they walked. "We also have our own lives to live. I have been thinking of where I would live afterwards," Aqualad said in thought.

Diego was still in Starfire's arms as they were in the air. He felt very comfortable and ncie being in her arms. "Well, the paprwork will be pretty easy and such. Maybe, if you wanna live with me, I can work for us while you can help take care of the place," Diego suggested while blushing on how it made them look like a married couple.

"Yes and our numbers will only grow generation after generation." Mynx nodded in agreement. "Whether it's the children of heroes, aliens, or whatever, there will be more of us. But unfortunately the same goes for villains." She snickered. "I have two cats at home named Superman and Batman."

Starfire' excitement only grew as she continued hugging him. "That would be wonderful!" She was also trying to be careful not to hug Diego too hard, not wanting to hurt him.

Aqualad chuckled a bit before he got into thought. "What do yu think of the older heroes? Those that existed around what you in the surface call World War II?" Aqualad asked. He was curious; it was that time that led to the modern rise of heroes. Many of these heroes like Dr. Midnight, the first Sandman and even the predecessors to the Flash and Green Lantern appeared during that time.

Diego kept smilign and blushing as he felt Starfire hugging him and he couldn't help but hug Starfire back. "I've been wondering? Are you guys gonna look for your successors at Titans? I mean, I reckon Rbin will head back to Gotham at some point and since I heard of a Robin there, I guess there's multiple Robins," Diego figures while in thought.

"I have nothing but respect for them." Mynx stated before sighing. "I'm not sure if you know what that war was about, and to spare you the gruesome details, a terrible man gained power in a country called Germany. He started sending people he believed to genetically inferior to camps where they were starved, killed, or worked to death. I met a couple of survivors of those camps and both of my grandfathers had fought in the war and personally liberated camps. It was a horrible, horrible time and from what I know the heroes back then did everything they could to stop it all. My paternal grandfather told me stories about how the first Flash actually saved a bunch of his men. Apparently they had lost a battle and had to retreat leaving behind a lot of injured men, Flash started going from the battle field to the camp bringing back men."

"I'm sure he will." Starfire said landing back onto the ground. "Our Robin will become Nightwing and we have yet to pick any successors although we do have several candidates in mind."

"I know a little bit about them, yes. Apparently, the Aquaman's grandparents maintained an eye on them since the Nazis had an extensive program in occult research and in UFO technology. A couple of them try to lay claim to Atlantis or at least try and gain Atlantean secrets though they were foiled," Aqualad explained to her. "It was fascinating how everything happened," he said as he walking her to the Tower. "It is good we can still talk to them and they still go to help," he said with a smile.

Diego saw they were on the ground yet he did not let go of Starfire. He thought Nightwing was cool, definitely. "Well, I don't know about the others. Cyborg looks the oldest so maybe he'll work in a lab or something. And I noticed Beast Boy and Raven have something going on," he said as he was looking back. "And of course, you'll be moving in with me so you won't have to worry about being alone," he told her with a smile.

"If we do not learn from the past, history is doomed to repeat itself." Mynx stated bluntly. She opened the door to the Tower before turning and kissing Aqualad on the cheek. "I had a lovely time."

"I am not sure what they will do." Starfire said thinking. "I do know Cyborg played football before he became well a Cyborg, Raven could always go back to the temple she was raised in, and as far as I know Beast Boy has always been a hero."

Aqualad nodded to her with respect. He smiled and blushed when he felt Mynx kiss her on the cheek. "Of course. Remember, tomorrow I will take you to see Aquaman's friend. And then maybe we can have another date," Aqualad told her with a smile.

Diego kept walking with Starfire, holding her hand the whole time with a smile. "Well, Cyborg probably won't be able to since he's a cyborg. Though I did see him tinker with STAR labs tech so maybe he could do something there. And I don't know much about Raven though I've seen ehr hang out with Beast Boy and I know he's part of the Doom Patrol," Diego wondered with a thought.

"When would this sucession sort of thing happen?" Diego asked her. "That way we can get you set up with the papers. I hope to be a good host and be able to help you get adjusted while you live with me," he said to her with a vlush and a smile.

"That sounds great! You could show me around Atlantis." Mynx suggested, not wanting to admit just how excited she was to meet Aquaman.

"Mynx jokes that he could be a football player if someone were to start a superhero league." Starfire said, not quite understanding it was a joke. "Beast Boy went from being in the Doom Patrol to almost immediately being a Titan. I think we are just going to slowly find replacements as we age out of the title of 'teen'."

"All right. After talking with him and Aquaman, then I can give you a tour of Atlantis," Aqualad told her with a smile. He then turned to see Starfire and Diego nearby. "Thos two are getting along nicely," he said with a smile.

"I think Mynx was kidding on that," Diego said before he heard more about Beast Boy and such. He was in thought. "Well, I figure Beast Boy might work unde Animal Man and maybe Raven under one of the magic heroes," Diego said as he was in thought. "When do you think this would happen?" he asks her. He wanted to get ready for this though he also figured that he'd be with the team for a while.

"Yeah," Mynx looked at the two still walking, "and they make a cute couple."

"That would explain why the others laughed after she had said it." Starfire said while thinking. "No matter what they decide I just want them to be happy and as long as they are happy, I will support them."

"So, what time do you want me to meet you here?" Aqualad asked her. "Also, I think Cyborg told me you were able to breathe underwater and swim, is that correct?" Aqualad asked her, wanting to clairfy and make sure he didn't any special equipment or such.

"Yeah, the same. They deserve to have good happy lives... we all do. Including you," Diego told her with a smile. He also remembered something. "Wait, how did you learn to speak English when you arrived? I mean, I figure you have your own unique language and such. Or does Tamaran have more than one language? I mean, I know English and Spanish and those are just a couple of the languages here. Do you know any other languages?" Diego couldn't help to ask, curious since she was an alien. He did blush at the bombardment of questions.

"How about 9? That'd give me the time to eat and get ready." Mynx stated. "And yes, I can. Breathing underwater was one of the first powers I had."

"One of my powers is to learn language," Starfire stated, "however I was told by Robin that it means something completely different here on Earth. He said that it means some romantic."

"All right then, nine in the morning it is then. It is fascinating that breathing underwater was one of your first powers. Though salt water is different than fresh water," Aqualad noted. "Though you knw your powers so I figure you already known," he mentioned. "After the meeting, we'll do the tour," Aqualad said.

"Wait, what do you mean? How do you learn language? Like, some form of power?" Diego said, being curiously, especially with what Robin said. "Well, maybe you could try it on me. You could learn Spanish from me that way," Diego noted and suggested though he wasn't sure what to expect.

"I've managed to breath in swamp water, pool water, and various levels of salinity, I think I can handle anything you throw at me." Mynx said reassuringly. "If anything is going to bother me it's going to be the pressure."

"Yes I can." Starfire said before turning to him and drawing her face closer to his. Soon Diego could feel Starfire's lips on his.

Back
Top Bottom