Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TT: The Threat Behind Shadows (DaddysLittleSkank & MysteriousD)

Barry just chuckled in response before he heard the comment. He looked surprised before smiling. "Congratulations to the both of you," Barry said as he embraced both her and Garth. "I'm sure both of you will be excellent parents," he added. Garth noted Barry looked preoccupied.

"What's bothering you, Barry?" Garth asked.

"Hello? Who's there?" Diego said as he heard the familiar voice. He wasn't sure what was going on. For some reason, he knew voice sounded familiar, but he didn't know from where. Landing on his head probably would do that to you.

“We already are excellent parents.” Mynx said rolling her eyes and acting offended but looked concerned when she realized he looked preoccupied.

“Diego?” The voice said before the person ran over. The person ripped the box open which turned out to be an oversized gift box. It was Starfire in her pajamas. She threw arms around him and began crying.

"I guess I'm worried if I'm going to be a good parent myself. During a battle with Professor Zoom, he mentioned about my kids being bad guys. I didn't think much, but then I remember Bart, my grandson from the future, doesn't talk much about Don," Barry confessed as he removed the hood and looked in thought.

Garth wasn't sure what to say, especially since it involved that inane speedster.

"Starfire?!" Diego said before he saw it was Starfire. He was so surprised, but he then hugged back, tearing up a bit too. "It's so good to see you!" he said, enjoying the hug.

Mynx motioned for him to go over to her and she gave him a hug. “All you can do is raise them the best you can and don’t try to force anything into them.”

Starfire quickly untied him and kept hugging and kissing him. “What happened?” She asked.

Barry went over to Mynx and he was grateful for the embrace them. "I don't know. I think it's because I wasn't there enough. I think they were a bit envious of Wally," he said.

"Yeah, but the future is always changing," Garth pointed out to Barry to reassure him.

Diego happily returned the hugs and kisses of his wife. "Blackfire kidnapped me, held me hostage, tried to drug me and then sent me here in that box. I have no idea what she was up to, if at all. I don't even know if it's the last time we've seen of her," Diego explained to her.

“Look, Pops, no one will blame you if you take time off to spend with them.” Mynx said in a reassuring tone. “We may be heroes but our most important job is to be heroes to our children. I remember no matter how slammed my parents were, they always made time for me.”

Starfire noticed the envelope and picked it up. She pulled a letter out and began reading. Soon her hand was covering her mouth and tears were welling up.

Barry smiled at both of them before he embraced them both. "Thanks you two! That means alot," Barry said to the two of them before he became full of restored conviction on him. "I can always change the future," he said. "You're both gonna be awesome," he added with a smile.

"Those envelopes were with Blackfire. I don't know what the heck her plan is, but I'd be careful," Diego said as he looked at them, still a bit suspicious and confused.

He then become surprised by her her tearing up and covered mouth. "What? What does it say?!" Diego said, wanting to know what Blackfire wrote.

“Thanks.” Mynx said hugging him again. “I actually try pretty hard to be as awesome as I am.”

“It says she took you so she could make sure you’re good enough for me.” Starfire said wiping a tear away. “In her own crazy way it was her wedding present for us.”

"Well, it llooks like it is worth the effort," Barry told her with a smile as he took a seat. "So, who else have you told about the good news?" he asked them.

"What," Diego said flatly after several moments of silence. He rubbed his face in exhaustion, not sure whether to make of this. "I don't trust her. How did she find out? How did she get Apokolips tech or the leftover Manhunter bots?" Diego said, unable to shake off the feeling about this.

He looked at the other envelope warily.

“Superman, J’onn, Wonder Woman and Steve, and you.” Mynx explained. “I’m gonna tell Aquaman and his wife before I tell the entire league.”

“We can worry about that later.” Starfire said putting the envelope down. “Right now you should get some rest. When you wake I will have breakfast ready and in the meantime I will call the Justice League to tell them you are alright.”

"All right that makes sense. I'm surprised you're gonna tell the whole League though I suppose the superhero community is pretty well-connected," Barry commented as he looked at them with a smile. "You want me to call Aquaman up here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I haven't showered or gotten much sleep," Diego told her before he went and kissed Starfire. He then made her a heart out of ice. He then went over to take a shower and wash the stress away.

“I also don’t want them to ask me to do something and me have to refuse and look like a jerk.” Mynx explained.

“Okay.” Starfire said kissing Diego and letting him go upstairs to the bedroom.

"Well, you don't have to announce it. Heroes sometimes put in for a leave of absence for variosu reasons, including parental leave," Barry explained to her. "But if you wanna tell everyone, that's your choice," he said with a smile.

Diego finished showering, feeling good and refreshed. He didn't expect his wedding to go like this, but he was happy things were good as they were. He wanted to spend time with Starfire after being gone from her for so long.

“I do, I’m just so excited!” Mynx Paris with a huge grin on her face.

When he got out Starfire had made him a wonderful meal but had her back turned to where he would enter as she tried to contact the Justice League.

"All right then," Barry told them with a smile before he gave them a hug. "You want me to call Aquaman up here or you gonan tell him when you're out the hospital?" he asked them.

Diego looked at the breaskfast with a big smile on his face and began indulging in it with a big smile on his face. "I missed your cooking, my dear wifey," he said to her endearingly.

“No I was planning on inviting him and the rest of the family over for dinner so I could tell them.” Mynx said. “That way I they’ll all be together and the kids can play with their uncle a bit.”

Starfire smiled and put her phone down. “I let the Justice League know you’re alright.” She said sitting down at the table.

"All right then! That makes sense then. Well, I gotta head down to see Iris. Congrats again you two," Barry told them before he headed out. "Hopefully you should get out by tonight if not tomorrow," Garth told Mynx as he was wondering how Aquaman woild react.

Diego went to get the seat for Starfire. "Well, I'm happy to be back. It's our first real day as a married couple," Diego told her with a smile as he reached to grab her hand.

Mynx waved at Barry, saying, “See ya later Pops.” She leaned back on the pillow that was being used to support her. “Dr. Midnite said he just wanted to keep me over night, so I should be able to leave once he checks in on me.” Mynx said.

“I know.” Starfire said happily as she squeezed Diego’s hand.

"Yeah, he did. Hopefulyl he should be here soon," Garth told her with a smile. He was also in some thought, in regards to the doppelganger of his beloved. "Anythign else on your mind?" he asked.

It didn't take long for Diego to finish eating. After all, he was hungry and he didn't eat much besides the spiked food Blackfire gave him. When he finished eating, he went to embrace and kiss Starfire.

“The theme of the nursery.” Mynx said with a chuckle. “I was thinking half could be nautical themed and the other half could be space themed.”

Starfire turned and wrapped her arms around Diego’s neck and started crying. “I was so worried,” she sobbed, “I thought I would never see you again.”

"Like the right half under the sea and the left hald space themed or should we do the stars above and the seas below?" Garth joked with her for a smile before he kissed her forehead.

Diego wrapped his arms tightly around Starfire, holding her while she was sobbing. "I know and I was figuring out whatever I could do to get back. But right now, I'm back with you," he said as he wiped her tears.

"I do rmemeber that we still have our days off for our honey moon," he said, his smile becomign roguish.

“The right side be one and the left side be the other.” Mynx said before she moved her head up and kissed him.

Starfire stopped crying and looked up at Diego before smiling. “That is true.”

"All right then, you're the boss," Garth told her teasingly before he kissed her. He then got a beep. "It's Dr. Midnite. He's almost here. How are you feeling though? Any last minute problems," he asked her.

"So where do you wanna go?" Diego asked her with a smile before he leaned i to kiss her neck.

“Nope I’m good.” Mynx said. In all honesty, she was pretty hungry but she figured that she could go grab some breakfast with Tempest and the kids after she was released and they were back on Earth.

“I think you know where I want to go.” Starfire purred feeling Diego’s lips on her neck.

"Time to do a check-up on you," Dr. Mid-Nite said as he stepped in. "Now, while it is likely you will be released from the med-section, I insist that you refrain from much activity for at least an activity," he explained to the two of them.

"Well, I would like a hint. Besides, as long we're together, it's fine... especially if it's clothing optional," Diego responded to her as he kissed her neck once more.

Back
Top Bottom