Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Haru's Heedful Howlings -[Comments Welcome]-

Well, my SO got the results back from her MRI and it looks like she has to have surgery on her knee. Outpatient surgery, but then still likely out of work for a few weeks due to rehab and such. Got the first worker's comp check the other day. They take her pay for a year, average it out over 52 weeks and then you get 66% of that. So... not much, but definitely better than nothing because if it was nothing we'd be screwed. :(

Much love to everyone here at BMR and thanks for all the fish!

i'll let it slide this time :p

but watch it!
i'm five feet two inches of pure terror.

I'll be working on getting out replies for my partners. Just wanted to let everyone know I've not forgotten them!

I would also like to introduce a new member here to BMR.... LadyKitsune!

We write together elsewhere and I invited her here to participate with all the splendor that is BMR! She is a very wonderful person and writer, so please be nice! She won't bite (unless you ask her to), and she's really quite friendly.

<looks at Lady Kitsune> <smiles>

Welcome to Haruchai's harem. Well perhaps not his harem but it IS a catchy title isn't it?

I know you haven't forgotten your writing partners. Actually I think that *I* owe *you* a post. I will try to get to it tonight or tomorrow. :) Hugs.

Welcome, LadyKitsune. :heart: Glad to have you join us here on BMR and in the "harem". ;)

What can I say? I love all my lovelies!

I wonder how much it would take to convince you all to write in a big group setting with me with one of my guys and you all with girls? Hmmmm.

In other news I had a doctor's appointment today. Though still quite painful my legs are healing. It is just a very long and slow process. They drew blood today to do my A1C and to do things like check my cholesterol and all that good stuff. I'm not getting any younger and in less than a decade I'll have prostate exams to look forward to. :-/

Thanks to all my wonderful friends here and their support!

The joys of growing old, aye? =P
Hopefully the results of your blood test come in with good vibes!

I know, right?

"Well, you're not getting any younger Mr. Haru, so we're gonna put things up your butt. "

Lol. I'm sure things will come back fine. Thank you for the well wishes!

LOL. Glad that you are getting better. It's nice to have something to look forward to. <giggles>

Hugs

Ok, so things here have been hectic and... emotional. we'll start with the small stuff.

SO saw her doc today and her pre-op is scheduled next Tuesday and her surgery on Thursday. Supposedly, if there's no problems, then she might be back to work shortly after that. Not as much off-time once the outpatient laparoscopic is done. So that's the good news.

Now for the more serious news.

Her dad (I can't really say FiL since we're not married, but you get the idea)... he was acting very lethargic and confused and she was horribly worried, so called her older sister. He agreed (he's a stubborn old man) to go to the ER. They had to CARRY him out to the car. The ER didn't pinpoint what was wrong, but decidedly said he had to be admitted to the hospital. Now, none of us use the hospital here in town. I've been there and it is ok, but the best docs come from Nashville, so we tend to go there when possible.

Anyway, they get him there and find out he has a bad UTI and worst of all.... sepsis. So he's got some kind of huge infection in his blood. He was also having bad diarrhea and though he wasn't throwing up, he wasn't able to keep anything in. So he's been there since last Friday, and at first he was wavering. getting better for a few hours, then worse, then better again. Running a fever of 102, but unable to give him stuff much more than Tylenol until they could get the sepsis cleared up.

Come to find out he's been using dirty catheters (we had no idea) and his house is in just general disarray. So, he might be released soon, and we need to get his place cleared up and cleaned up since they feel that might have contributed somehow to that infection. He's like me though, and very stubborn, so I am not surprised he let it get that bad. The last few years I have been in and out of the hospital because I also was not taking care of myself.

No more.

Everyone... please stay on top of your health. You only have one body, and you really need to take care of yourselves. Much love to all of you wonderful people.

Sorry to hear of all the ups and downs you are going through. What? You stubborn? (grins)

Hugs to all.

Yeah, been there with my grandparents. Hopefully it will put enough of a scare in him to help take a bit more caution. As for me taking care of myself, isn't this where I say "I will if you wil"? (grins)

Seriously, all of you get better soon, ok?

Oh, Haru... I’m so sorry about your girl’s dad. I’m glad he is admitted and is recording the help he needs. Hopefully his place will get cleaned soon enough.

Better take care of yourself too, don’t forget! >_>

Back
Top Bottom