Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Haru's Heedful Howlings -[Comments Welcome]-

Haruchai

As you wish.
Hello BlueMoon! This will be a little peek into what's going on in my life, and though most of you won't care, feel free to look in and comment if you like!

----------​

As some of you know I've been courting unemployment for over a year now. Due to some major health issues last year that led to being off of work for over a month, I was let go from my job. Funny how that happens when technically you were self-employed (sub contracted work), but such is life. Over the last year my health has improved and yet finding employment that my PCP would clear me for was difficult!

That brings us to earlier this month, where I found out that the county 911 Dispatch was looking to hire a couple of "Telecommunications Officer One" positions. 911 Dispatch for the county, directing city police, sheriff, and local State Trooper's, along with fire and utility services to locations as needed. A hefty responsibility to be sure, but working for the city isn't something to be passed up and the lighter job duties, relatively speaking, was something that appealed. Not to mention that there are close ties to the emergency services in the area. A police officer, a couple firefighters, a paramedic/ambulance driver, and even the lieutenant at the dispatch center itself are members of extended family.

Go downtown, fill out the application (which has to be done at the police department - no taking it home), and then wait for a call. It comes and testing commences. More of an aptitude test than anything else. It starts slow, and slowly adds layers; receiving calls, filling out information, dispatching the proper departments... multitasking at its finest.

I failed!

Not by much, mind you, and actually I passed everything except for one thing. Typing speed. Ugh. Hard to concentrate and type while listening to a call and then assigning tasks as needed. So I was sure that things were just in a place where I needed practice. After all, you get better juggling such tasks as you do them, and taking a test like that can be nervewracking. You don't know what to expect and nervousness over the situation itself is rough.

The recruiters must have thought so too since I got a call this morning! I have to go next Wednesday at 1:30 for an interview. Not another test but an actual interview. It's a bit out of the blue since I'd sort of given up hope, but damn I'm also excited. Things have been pretty tight monetarily, and gainful employment always makes you feel better about yourself as well. I really need this job, and know I would do well at it.

-Pop-
Oops, did I just pop a journal cherry? O:
Tehe!

I'm excited for you and your interview! You'll do good! Don't give up hope!
I'll be rooting for you all the way!

You did! And I thank you very much for it! -winks-

I do have high hopes for it, and it should not be a long drawn out process since I was informed there's another interview at 2pm. I'm actually happy going in and knowing it's not going to be an all day thing.

As for today, I just went and had to get some tires. It's hot and miserable out, and sitting in line and waiting wasn't fun. Though probably much more fun than the guy they had working that was putting them on. When I paid my bill in the front office I left a couple bucks so the mechanic could get a water, or Coke, or whatever. I sure hope he gets it.

I was actually considering trying to start up another play, but with this interview coming up I am a bit wary. I certainly do not want to start something and then have it fall by the wayside. I already have one in discussion that should start soon once my partner gets back from vacation. I suppose it best to hold off on any more. -le sigh-

That was nice of you to think of the mechanic! Good luck on the interview. I'm sure you'll do good but it is nice to know that you won't be there ALL day being grilled, etc.

If you have another story in the works, then I'd wait until you find out if you get this job or not. That can certainly change things and you are such a great writer you wouldn't want to have to stall it out just as it was getting started.

I still have a couple in the works, and I'll keep those that had discussions started before I got this call-back. I think I am just holding off on anything new. The interview is tomorrow and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. It's odd going back and doing an interview when it has been well over a decade since I have done one. >_<

I had to go to the doctor today to get blood drawn for an A1C test. For those that don't know what that is, it is a blood glucose test for when you are diabetic. It tells the doctor what you blood sugar (glucose) levels have averaged for the last 3-6 months. They then use that to adjust your medications. I am hoping mine comes back better than my last one, which was horrible! I go back to the doctor next week, assuming I am not working, and discuss with the doctor how things looked. Hopefully this time my blood doesn't come back looking like I have Pixie Stix running through my veins.

LOL. That's what you get for being so sweet. Good luck on the interview. It's a good sign that you are getting an interview. Good luck at the doctors. A lot of things can affect those tests so you have good chances of it coming out better.

Good luck at the doctors and your interview! I am sure of it that you will be fine. <3

Well, I did all I could do. I put my best foot forward and I can just hope that the supervisors think I am the best candidate. There were five people on the panel that were all part of the hiring committee, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift supervisors, the top tier electronics officer, and then the supervisor that oversees the entire facility. I was simply honest and hopefully that was enough. I was told I'd be called in a few days regardless of their decision, so that is good and I won't be wondering.

Rootin' for you to, Haru. All you can give is the best that you have; it's up to them to realize your capacity. ^w^

I think it's pretty neat how they will still call you regardless of position. Let us know what happens! :3

Many thanks for the well wishes! I'll definitely keep all my friends and partners informed of what is going on. :D

Speaking of, I also want to thank all my writing partners for their patience! I've been much more busy the last few days, and though for many people a 48-hour gap between postings is hardly anything at all... it is very unusual for me generally speaking. I will be getting replies out today, or should, so just bear with me a little longer and as always I am available to chat in PM! Thank you so much!

I know I could, and maybe should, start a new thread for this, BUT....

Happy Birthday Verikatt! -big hugs-

I hope it is a good one and you find a lot of joy in it.

Haruchai said:
I know I could, and maybe should, start a new thread for this, BUT....

Happy Birthday Verikatt! -big hugs-

I hope it is a good one and you find a lot of joy in it.

Awwww. Thanks! HUGGSES! It's been pretty good. Actually one of the best in a long time.

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday!

And so many people I write with getting little puppies! Mali and Ironic both have new furbabies! Congrats! -snuggles all the puppies... er, the dogs... :p -

So... disappointment. I didn't get the job that I interviewed for last week. I know that they hire there often though, so I have high hopes I can try again! Gotta stay positive!

Sorry you didn't get the job. Did you ask what you could do better? It is still good that they hire often so you have chances. Keep at it.

LOVE FURBABIES! Congrats! Too bad some of the animals can't stay at that puppy stage. :)

Malicious Lullaby said:
Happy birthday Verikatt! :D

I got a new puppy :D She's a little menace but I love her. I want her to stay at the puppy stage because I love how small she is but I want her to be perfectly and fully trained xP Is that too much wishful thinking?

Thanks on the birthday wishes. :) It probably is wishful thinking to want to keep them puppies but that's ok. You'll have to share a picture of her. I can't have animals where I live so I live vicariously through other pet owners pictures. LOL. It's good to get her trained. It saves a lot of headaches later. Congrats on the furbaby.

Things are moving along and I might be looking for new plays soon. Isn't it strange though that I absolutely hate putting things in a request thread?! I mean, I know I have had one before, but picking through the inevitable PM's always makes me feel bad. I know you can't click with everyone (and lord knows there's people here that probably hate my guts), but saying "no" always leaves a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. So even though I have a particular idea in mind, I stay in the shadows, scouring the female request thread to see if anyone happens to hit on it. >_<

White people problems, right? :p

So anyway, as most of you who know me know, I love animals, and I've decided to post pics here when I make updates. Not of my own animals mind you, but just pictures filled with the cuteness. I know, I know.... you can find such pictures all over the Internet, but hey, I just wanna make people smile if I can. Here you go!

13782063_509907189212282_6022421874071175246_n.jpg

LOL. I know what you mean about weeding through requests. I had somebody send me an unsolicited email wondering if I wanted to write with them. Anyway...

I hope you find somebody to write with. I love writing with you and you always have great ideas. Ok, maybe no always but close enough. As for the pictures. Nothing wrong with making people smile and cute animals do the trick all the time. Those little cuties you posted this time is a good example of an "awww" moment. :)

"Maybe not always but close enough"?! What are you trying to say? :p:p:p:p

Not all ideas are perfect, and I think working closely with your writing partner so that you both can enjoy the story and have fun is a very important thing. Nobody wants to come up with ideas all by themselves. If they did, you might as well write a book. Or maybe play a video game if you want to be dictated to.

I love writing with all my partners, and yet sometimes there's a disconnect. Nobody is perfect, least of all me.

I don't know about others but it certainly makes a difference on how my day/week/life has gone. It's awful hard to write something and get into the characters properly when you've had a bad day or not feeling well.

Just gotta promise if you feel a disconnect from me in our writings you have to tell me so we can see if we can figure it out. I'm not perfect by any means (stop laughing...Grins) and like to think I can take criticism.

I think that the characters I have this time are good ones for me. I can get into them and enjoy writing as them.

Another really nice day here in TN, but damn is it hot. It's been in the upper 90's, close to the triple digits, (around 38-40 degrees for you Celsius folks), and only going to get hotter over the weekend. I'm melting! I walk outside and my glasses lenses fog up. >_<

So, this election season. Good God. I am NOT a political person, and I do not engage in discussions about politics or religion. Those are just hot button topics for so many people and too easily spiral down a path of "no good". My personal opinion is that both forerunner candidates are pretty horrible, and you may or may not agree, that's cool. I have, however, decided to give my own endorsement for who I am going to support this season, and my reasons for doing so.

13697010_623758571117279_6295942360520380097_n.jpg

There you have it. And, as promised, each journal entry will now have a dose of cuteness. Ta-da! Have a little stinker!

14012941734_dd36879de5.jpg

I always knew you were a little stinker! hehehe. They look so cute at that age don't they? I love your Frig election campaign poster. Of course coming from IL I remember that the Frig stood for Refrigerator Perry from the Chicago Bears. :)

I'll vote any frig if it keeps me cool.

Back
Top Bottom