Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Haru's Heedful Howlings -[Comments Welcome]-

So, as some of you know, we lost a beloved pet this week. Wolfe was our little Doxy and he was 10 years old. He's had a few problems the last couple of years with some hernias, and he'd already had surgery twice. This time his bowels got twisted and he went into cardiac arrest during surgery and passed away. So the last little bit has been kind of rough. My apologies to my writing partners, and of course this had to happen right around the holiday.

This is my favorite picture of him. It was really just supposed to be a picture of the daisy, but in true Tiny Buddy (which is what we called him) fashion, he photobombed it. Of course the camera then focused on him. Which was just fine with me.

ZJtU9Vg.jpg

Hugs. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That is a cute picture and I can understand why it is one of your favorites. Embrace the fond memories and continue on. It is what we do. Tiny Buddy will be with you always.

Huggses

It seems like the time spans between my posts here keep getting longer and longer. Urgh. But I am doing just fine! Really!

Seems like things have really changed, and if you'd have told me 4 months ago that things would be like this, with COVID, I'd have been pretty surprised. You'd think now, with most folks staying home, myself included, that I'd have all kinds of time on my hands. That's not quite right, and hell, even keeping Internet access has been difficult. Yet I'm back for the moment and starting up some writing again. Ok, only one roleplay as of this entry, but still... it's a start.

I'll only be picking up one or two, as I don't want to overburden myself and those creative juices sometimes don't flow as easily as they used to. Booo!

I am really excited for the FF7 Remake. Been avoiding spoilers like crazy because it seems everyone that got theirs is posting to YouTube with gameplay vids. I don't even have a PS4, but I plan to buy one just for this game. Sometime. Probably a used one. I just can't justify paying $300-400 for a console that came out almost 7 years ago. :unsure: I never even owned a PS3 at all. I love my console games, but just don't get to play too much. I play a few things on portables or my phone.

Everyone be kind to one another and please stay safe! As usual I'll try to close my post with a little bit of cute.

3RYewr2.gif

I am so glad to hear you are ok. That is an adorable .gif. May I share it? I am busy getting ready to retire and ran into obstacles with COVID and restrictions and such.

It is good that you are getting back into writing.

Hugs.

Good to see you! Yeah, you're welcome to use it! It's just something I found on the Internet.

I'm looking forward to writing, but since my home Internet was out for so long I just couldn't stand trying to post from my phone. It's so arduous.

Hugs back

I really needed that smile today. Thank you. Hugs.

It would be great to write with you again. I can't type from my phone either. I can read on my phone, sometimes, but not type.

So I had a pretty interesting day the other day! I was downtown where I live and saw this dog just sort of wandering around. I called it over and it was very friendly, and had tags... but only tags that showed it had had its' shots. It was very well kept, and well behaved. So I knew that she belonged to someone. As soon as I opened my car door she jumped right in!

SsipK4I.jpg

EIyuAel.jpg

Cl6TwDr.jpg

And there she is! So through the number on the tag I found out what hospital she'd had her shots from, and it was a local place. I called them, and though they could not release the owner's name they gave an address. It was about 10 blocks away, so I headed there. No luck.

Went to the store and got a leash so I could get her out of the car to pee since I didn't want her maybe running off. She got water and a cheeseburger!

Anyway, to make a long story short, she is now happily back with her owner! They were at work and I never heard anything, even after I posted on a local social media site about finding her, until later in the afternoon and close to evening. But she recognized her owner and they were tearfully reunited. She had an adventure that day!

I have more animal shenanigans to talk about!

We have been adopted, kind of, by a pig! I live outside of the city by about ten miles or so. Not really truly out in the 'country', but enough that you still run across horses and cattle and goats and chickens and all that. Well, one day there was a pig out in the front yard. She was friendly, and though you couldn't really pet her, she would take things from your hand, gently too. But still a little wary and skittish.

She's not huge, and looking things up, it does seem like she's a pot-bellied pig. Here's what I could find out about them.

• Pot-bellied pigs, Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs, Kunekune pigs, and Chinese pot-bellied pigs grow to a range from 125 pounds to over 200 pounds and 16 to 26 inches tall. Some breeders also use this range for miniature pot-bellied pigs.
  • Miniature pot-bellied pigs (as designated by certain breeders) reach 35 to 60 pounds. and 15 to 16 inches tall.
  • Teacup pot-bellied pigs are usually 35 to 45 pounds and 14 1/2 inches tall.
  • Toy pot-bellied pigs reach 35 to 40 pounds and 14 inches tall.

Here is a picture of her just outside off the porch.

GkDY6wC.jpg

9wsRQzH.jpg

0R27Mo1.jpg

I think she was probably a pot-belly bought as a pet and got too large so now they just let her run loose. Which is a shame. Lots of people don't realize how big they get. Then when they get too big, or bigger than they want, they abandon them. This girl is about 45-50 pounds I would guess. She's smart too, and slept in the doghouse we have outside that we kept after Polly died. She just bedded down for the night and was content.

She comes running when she hears the front door open, eager to be talked to and wagging her tail! It's cute!

OMG! She is so cute! It's a good thing that you kept Polly's doghouse. It sounds like it is just perfect for her. What do they eat? Are you feeding her? LOVE the pictures and hope to see more.

Hugs.

I now have power! After almost 3 days with no electricity things were getting tense. No electricity means no cooking and no water also (since we have a well).

There was a pretty huge storm that swept here through central TN. No tornadoes this time, that I heard of, but some hellacious straight line winds about 80-90mph. Over 15k without power after that. So they're getting everyone back online after that, but now I have to deal with this...

oPtJC6t.jpg

That is a huge tree looming well above the second story of part of the house. Which wouldn't be so bad except...

qdcbR6R.jpg

The wind knocked it over so that it is now partially supported by the corner of the roof.

ApXh2US.jpg

Yes, yes... I know the siding needs power washed, but I rarely do it, and don't like wheeling one around and renting it. Blech. All the wood cutting crews and power crews are busy doing things in town, where trees of this size really don't grow. So I have no idea who I will have to get to do this, but I know it will be a big job. The ground and everything at the base is all ripped up, so the tree didn't split. But if it falls the way it is leaning I wonder what the branches will do to the structure, and it will also take out the wellhouse and the AC unit. I'm also parking the car in the yard and away from the drive because it'd land right on it.

I am working on getting out posts. I have a couple of my partners who are very sweet and infinitely patient, and I appreciate that. Once this tree is down then hopefully I won't be so stressed.

WOW! That's all I can say. I'm glad, hope, that nothing major was damaged with that tree. I was thinking how pretty the tree looked behind the background and then saw the second picture. and a second WOW with being without electricity for 3 days. Hope things get better hugs.

I just hope it doesn't come down or we'll be without power again, as it will take down the lines. I assume someone will have to come out and use a bucket-truck to get to the branches and slowly take those off and get some weight off the trunk, then they'll have to cut the trunk as well, because it is too tall to fall anywhere without it crushing something. It's really quite a big tree, and from what I understand has been here about 70 years at least. I was a little wary of trying to get close enough to get a picture of the ground where it is torn up.

Good god it's been a very long time.

COVID tried it's best to kill me and I am STILL in a rehabilitation center and unable to walk. After 6 months mind you.

I'm also officially single after being with my SO for 18 years. So that's new.

I'm unsure if I'm even back but wanted to peek in on the place. Hope everyone is doing well!

HUGS! My ex and I were married for over 19 years so can understand a little bit what you are dealing with. Hang in there. You got my email if you need to vent or talk. I'm glad that you are still around. You'll get better.

Back
Top Bottom