Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Haru's Heedful Howlings -[Comments Welcome]-

Glad to hear you are doing well, and congrats on your legs being healed!
Thanks for the update. <3

Once more... it has been a very long time since I have written here. Damn, the time does fly.

I'm looking to start small, especially since I haven't been on here for some time, but I am thinking about taking up a few roleplays. For those of you who have written with me before and might like to do so again, drop me a PM, as I will consider former partners first. I always had a select group I felt comfortable writing with, and that hasn't changed.

In other news, I've had some more trouble with my legs, but they are once again healing nicely. Spent some time in the hospital and had some very dark and trying days. But I am feeling much better and am getting myself to a better place.

~Haru

Alright! Slowly easing back into writing here, and have a few irons in the fire. To my partners - thank you so much for being so gracious and patient with me. It really means a lot. I won't be taking too many plays and I am about at my limit already. I need to pace myself lest I burn out or get too overwhelmed. But it is good to be writing again. With people who are enthusiastic about it.

To celebrate such a thing, and my upcoming birthday (Sunday!), I wanted to give everyone some cuteness. Howling puppies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! <3

Why thank you! You're the first (read; only) person to do so here! It does an old man good! LOL

But seriously, thanks! It's been a nice lazy day, and I did NOTHING! Whoooo! Well, except hang around this place. 😋

I can do that! -hands out spankings-

Whew! What a day!

So... the girl went to a consultation today about her teeth (she's having them all pulled and full dentures made)... so I sat in the car to wait since my own appointment was a little bit away. The two different places are about 3 minutes apart, so I wasn't worried about that. So, I am reading comics, I am getting hot. So she can see me from where she is, and tells me to go ahead to my wound clinic appointment. I leave and I don't realize how hot I got until I went inside in the AC and my shirt is soaked. I was wearing a plain grey tee, so you could tell. A little strip in the front was light, but the rest was dark. I feel weak, sweating profusely now, and a little shaky. Get back to the back and Susan, one of my nurses says I look pale and peaked. BP is ok, but heartrate is 115bpm. A little high. So they take my blood sugar, since I am diabetic. It's a 50. Which is horribly low. So, 3 glucernas, 2 nutri-grain bars and a pack of peanut butter crackers later and they get me up to a 90. Susan tells me I am already looking better, color coming back. So yeah, there was a bit of concern. My sugar should be about 120-180 (for me). The heat just overtaxes your body and you don't realize how much energy your body is using trying to keep you cool.

So... I feel better, went and got her and grabbed some food on the way home. Still feel a little weak, but much better. In celebration of not getting heatstroke, here'a little kitty!

Cute%2BKitten%2BGIF%2B%25E2%2580%25A2%2BAdorable%2BMunchkin%2Bkitty%2Bdoing%2Ba%2Bcute%2B%2Bcatwalk.gif

AWWWWW. such a cute little kitten!!!!!

So glad that you are ok. Diabetes runs in my family and I have more than one friend who has it. Those are low number indeed. Wow! You were having a diabetic food fest there to bring it up. :)

I went to the doctor today also. For my follow up visit from my August 13th spill. Good news on the follow up. This is a new doctor for me. Now he has given me a list of tests he wants to do and wasn't too pleased that I said I will check out if they are covered under insurance. If so then yes, if not then no. :)

Watch those numbers love. We all want you around for long time yet. Everything go ok on the wound clinic visit?

Yeah! Little munchkin kitty!

LOL. A lot of people at wound clinic are diabetic, and though I do not have this procedure, when you use the Bariatric Oxygen Chamber (sounds like something out of Dragon Ball), glucose levels can dive. So they have all the meters and snacky stuff to help out. 50 is not good. Much lower and I might have passed out. But since I am hyperglycemic and my numbers usually run high, I wasn't as aware of the symptoms of things being too low. Now I know!

Oh! I am glad that you got some good news on your follow up!

Wounds are healing nicely (and for those that don't know, diabetes makes healing very difficult and slow). They are better each time, and this last round of antibiotics seems to have kicked the infection in the ass.

YAY for kicking infection in the ass and any place else it needs kicking. My friend Janine (she's the one who lost her leg above the knee) loved the Bariatric Oxygen Chamber. She wished she could have used it all the time. :) You keep up the good work.

My mom was going to use the BOC, but they had to postpone because it stops up her ears and makes it almost sound like when you get water in them, or if you plug them with your fingers. They are going to put tubes in her ears to alleviate that problem. My clinic work today was great, and though it eats up most of a day, I am healing VERY well.

To those that have medical problems... THANK YOUR NURSES. They are often woefully underappreciated.

For those interested in other things - I am currently listening to...

Nothing like Japanese idols fronting a heavy metal band! Unfortunately that one is before they got the Kami Band. If you don't know Babymetal, go check them out! Here's another really great one.

What a fucking adventure! Just got back from a doctor appointment and noticed smoke and a burning smell from under the hood of my car. Managed to get it home and opened the hood... FIRE! Had a little water and tried to put it out, to no effect and so I had to call the FD. They arrived, and by that time it was true flames from under the hood. I'd have taken pictures, but I was too frazzled.

The car has been good to me, 279k miles on it, so I really can't complain, and I am glad it never got a fuel line since I still had half a tank. Nobody got hurt, the house didn't catch on fire, so... all in all I can't complain. Except now I have no transportation and have no idea wtf I am going to do. Ugh. Being that the car is 20 years old I only had liability, so that doesn't help, but I just couldn't pay for full coverage for a car that old and with that many miles.

I apologize in advance for the size of the picture.

engine bay fire 2000 grand prix.jpg engine bay fire 2000 grand prix.jpg

It doesn't look too bad at first glance, but I have no idea what damage may have been done when I really get to looking at it. Which is not today! I can't do anything today anyway, so... I doubt it will be worth it to fix due to the age and mileage of the car. :-/

-hugs back- Thanks hon. I am just glad nobody was hurt. It's just a piece of machinery, so all in all I can't really complain. Got a lot of service out of it.

Well shit, this sucks. I guess 20 year old cars with almost 300k miles on them are not worth much. Kelly Blue Book value on the car if it was running is only $250!! Fucking hell. So all the offers I am getting, which are about $100 across the board, to come and tow it off where I don't do anything but hand the car over, suddenly make more sense.

I could part the thing out and get a LOT more money but that could take months and months. This is frustrating.

Ugh. The last few weeks have been pretty rough. The fundraising to help with a vehicle hasn't netted much, so even though I don't want to it looks like I'll be selling some things. Luckily the neighbors and others have helped with rides, since taking a cab is just damn expensive since I live well outside city limits.

On the upside I've picked up some really great roleplays and have some wonderful partners. That does help to take my mind off of things.

Also, since everyone who checks this out should see I love animals.... here's a puppy trying to get out of a box!

Sorry you're not getting much on your GoFundMe. I wish I could help out more. That puppy is adorable. Reminds me of one I used to have. It liked to jump into my tote bags. Must be because when mom brought him home he fit in a teacup and she hid him behind her back so we couldn't see him at first. Wow! I haven't thought about that in years.

Hang in there. Things will get better.

PS: I'll be posting tomorrow . :)

Huggses and kisses.

Awwww! That sounds adorable. I've never had a pup that small (unless it was actually a puppy), and I don't think I could. I'd be afraid of hurting it or accidentally stepping on it or something.

I know! Things will work out.

Take your time, sweetheart. -smooch-

Today was a very long day, but for good reasons. We finally got a new car! Not new new, but new for us!

Here. It. Is.

A wagon on steroids basically. lol. Plenty of room in it and the price was right. Drove it around all afternoon, and now have it home! Yay! Let's hope this one serves as well as the old one did!

Back
Top Bottom