Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Interest Check

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I'm considering GMing a Pathfinder game for a small group (3-5 players). There are a few things you should know about me as a potential GM.

1) I'm not a particularly great GM. I am still working on describing scenes with more detail and just generally lacking when it comes to the "fluff" that really sets the mood.

2) I am new to the site. I don't know which players would be good fits and which won't be.

3) I am not particularly in tune with Golarion (the Pathfinder world).

If still interested, I am looking for a small group of players to run an adventure path with, starting at 2nd level. I know 1st is recommended, but I encourage non-standard groups and character concepts and don't like seeing tedious, inspect every room type of quests, so there's a free head start.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaign you'd enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

UPDATE: Still following since new interest has sparked.

So I'm the oldest character, the only male, and using a build focusing on mind tricks and Charisma. I'm going to need to buy a pimp hat. :)

I think the purpose of the initially low DC (5 + CL) was so that characters can create items with less investment while those who spend the needed skills to get really good at it can do more impressive things. You can create an item without knowing the prerequisite spells by adding 5 to the DC, and half the time needed by adding another 5.

While I'm finalizing my sheet, something occured to me: do we have any healers? If not, I'll keep Cure Light Wounds, otherwise I'll swap it out for something like Sleep or Charm Person or something.

We do not have any healers, and I think cure light wounds is handy to have even if you do.

Alright, then I think my sheet is completed.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=892928

Halving time to craft an item for a DC bump is only for using craft skills to craft nonmagical items, as far as I'm aware, but crafting prerequisites can be ignored for +5 DC. Not sure if you can ignore the need to know a spell to scribe a scroll of it, though.

I've decided to leave the DCs unchanged, to make halving the time apply to ALL crafting, and (if it isn't already the rule) to make it cumulative, so adding 10 to the DC would allow an item (magical or otherwise) to be crafted in 1/4 the time.

I'll get back to you on crafting pre-reqs.

...Wow. My dreams of riches will be ever so real.

For what it's worth, there's probably never going to be a time I use that to bypass a spell restriction rather than just buying scrolls for any spells I don't have. Um, unless there's a divine item I really really want, for some reason, but I can't think of one.

Nope. Divine spells you will have to have cast by someone else. Technically, you could take a penalty to bypass that, but it would be significant, so you wouldn't be able to work with divine magic anywhere near as well as your own.

Or you could UMD an item that has the spell mayhaps. After all there's a couple people in the party with UMD (or should be.)

Edit: Also I made a couple changes to my sheet. Do you wish for me to relink it? The changes are pretty minor (flaw/feat change mentioned in PM and I messed with two skill points.)

Also also edit: BadAnime, there is probably a rather high chance that Lucretia and Lisabeth are sisters on their father's side. :p

Hmmm, I don't know if they actually are or not, but I'm sure we can arrange some fun with Aisha. :p Although I have to ask, does she mind getting tied up and possibly suspended from the ceiling :3

Well sirix, depending on what you were going to be, it might have been nice to up the guy:gal ratio a bit. :p

Also Princess, Aisha will have no end of fun then, don't you worry. ;)

I think we only have four. You, Nobody, Anime, and Me. (unless I am forgetting someone then I deeply apologize.)

But it would be up to the DM if he wanted a party of 5. But yes something a bit more sturdy wouldn't hurt at all.

Yeah, balancing out the gender ration would be nice, and we can really use a dedicated meat shield...I mean defender or healer. :p

That would be nice.

Also Anime, any comment on potential sisterhood? It might be interesting if you'd be willing to, although probably not that important. Just tossed it out as, well there's not too many sources of half elves around here. XD

Potential sistehood could be fun. The GM and I were just discussing the potential for some incest fun in the PMs, after all.

Aww, I was looking forward to being the only guy in a group full of beauties. The voyeur possibilities alone... :D And besides, we've got two bards and a sorcerer. It'll be very hard to find a situation we can't talk, bluff, dance, or fuck our way out of.

Seriously though, I'm of the opinion that smaller groups work better for play-by-post games like this, but I won't object if kckolbe wants to bring in a fifth.

My own background has me joining the troupe after starting a relationship with one of the dancers. My first thought was making it a 'friends with benefits' deal, but it could be more or less depending. Anyone interested in starting with that relationship set up?

Also, might as well say this now: My character is going to be pretty enchantment-heavy, lots of mind-affecting magic. To avoid causing conflict I will not be using such things on any of you, unless of course you tell me you're on board with your character being magically persuaded into fun times.

Ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me! :3

Also BadAnime, I am perfectly ok with incestuous sisters. Shall we discuss this in PMs? Or should we hash it out in the open where all can see?

Nay im good, if you guys really need a meat shield later, ask the gm then shoot me a message. I actually have a good character in mind (barb bouncer if you seriously want to know). I'm not one much for urban plays though.

Hmm, yeah not being much for urban games might be hard at the moment, as we seem to be in Korvosa until something makes us leave. Still would be nice for a bit of diversity (although I can't complain on the diversity side of things as.... I'm one of two bards, who happen to be half elves XD )

Back
Top Bottom