Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Interest Check

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I'm considering GMing a Pathfinder game for a small group (3-5 players). There are a few things you should know about me as a potential GM.

1) I'm not a particularly great GM. I am still working on describing scenes with more detail and just generally lacking when it comes to the "fluff" that really sets the mood.

2) I am new to the site. I don't know which players would be good fits and which won't be.

3) I am not particularly in tune with Golarion (the Pathfinder world).

If still interested, I am looking for a small group of players to run an adventure path with, starting at 2nd level. I know 1st is recommended, but I encourage non-standard groups and character concepts and don't like seeing tedious, inspect every room type of quests, so there's a free head start.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaign you'd enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

UPDATE: Still following since new interest has sparked.

Wearable scrolls? Larsen had to take a separate feat to have that. Mind showing me how to get that "for free?"

As for starting, I am currently the one holding things up. In addition to some mass PMing (which I love, by the way) back and forth, I've only recently started rocking character sheets. There are between 8-9 NPCs (Larsen included) that I intend to have at least mainly fleshed out before starting so I don't trip myself up down the road. As you may remember from the first post in this thread, I am a fairly inexperienced GM.

Micbunny came up with a rather lovely idea of starting up an IC thread for chatting at work so you folks can have some fun and get a feel for each other (not in THAT way...okay maybe a little). I am cool with this as long as you guys can keep yourselves entertained there without me until I am good to go. That sound good to everyone?

It's part of the Inscribe Magical Tattoos feat. It's an item creation that let's one make magical tattoos, either the permanent sort that are priced and created as slotless wondrous items, or spell tattoos that are a scroll written onto the skin. They're expensive though, spell tattoo's market price is four times the equivalent scroll, but one of my tattooed sorcerer features will let me make 1/day for free. SRD link is http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/inscribe-magical-tattoo-item-creation

*Looks around at the three horny, bisexual women*
...I think we can manage.

I'm sure we could manage something. The only real "input" that such a thing would require from the DM is giving us a "setting" of sorts (as in where our group is based). Other than that, I'm sure we can find soooomething (or someone, or someones.) to do :p

Well, would you prefer Midland or Old Korvosa? If Midland, the area will be a little nicer, less cramped, with better quality customers, but also more expensive to run. If Old Korvosa, more cramped, more poor people, but cheaper to run.

Hmmm, Midland would be nice, and if the mercenary/services group is rather established, would make a better home. Although Old Korvosa does have its charms. I vote Midland but that's just me.

I'll also vote Midland. Better customers means more money, and we won't get better customers in the bad part of town.

I'm definitely going to go with Midland, too. You have to spend money on a good location to get the customers who'll really make you money worth having. Probably nowhere near the demand for her particular services in Old Korvosa.

I knew Princess would want to be in Midland. ~grins~ I am still waking up, but when I get home from work I will start off the IC thread for the company.

Before beginning, what is your feeling on sex scenes? I hate seeing long-winded scenes go on forever and hold things up. Unfortunately, sometimes those scenes will be part of the actual story (especially during the first adventures).

Does anyone know if you are allowed multiple IC threads?

I don't see any reason to keep the thread going with longwinded sex scenes when we can just write shorter ones there and take them to PM for every little juicy detail. A sex scene shouldn't take more than a few posts back and forth, written conservatively enough.

I agree, though some will be more public. For example, say a member of the group is coerced into having sex in front of other PCs. By taking it to PM, those watching are denied the ability to react. Should we house rule that once a sex scene gets going, we all agree ooc on how it will end up and then flesh out from there in PMs?

By the way, Allsorts Services became a proper company three years ago, when Larsen started renting the current location. At that time, Lisabeth was already working there.

I think I remember hearing that Avani started about 6 months ago, but can't remember for the other two. Mind reminding me?

I think a general agreement on if I scene should stay public or move to private is perfectly acceptable. Sometimes the plot may call for a rather long winded public scene (say, all the characters are involved or what not.) but other times it would be easier to move to PMs and skip the plot thread past when it would happen (at least have those character "skip" the other character could keep doing something or other until the scene ends/winds down in game time, then the formerly occupied characters come back.) Is that what you meant kckolbe?

Waiting to hear back from others on the sex question, but IC has been opened. The first post provides some more information on the company. ENJOY!

NOTE: If anyone wants to create a minor NPC (level 1, NPC levels only), just let me know.

Will do Captain. *salutes*

Also I hope that first post is acceptable. Figured I'd help "set a scene" of sorts. '>.>

Minor thing, just noting that I can't make proper magic tattoos (as in ones that actually do anything) until I hit level 5; CL 5th is a prereq for the item creation feat. Unless you want to houserule in that I can make magical ones that don't do anything mechanically, like ones that move or something.

Dammit, Nobody; I trusted you! Everyone hear me: I shall curse his name to the gods, and Nobody shall feel their wrath. There, that should handle it. Surely some divine misunderstanding won't result in his going unpunished.

Mind showing me the relevant ability and/or feat? We may houserule it to allow 0-level spells or something.

Well our two posts have averaged 11 views a piece, not sure what that means but hey XD I like random statistics.

Also having to wait on sis before I probably should post again. But she's probably being lazy so I may need to bend her over my knee and spank her when I find her.

Posted!

Sorry for the wait; had a long day, and the first post, which is kind of an establishing character moment for a forum RP, always takes me a bit of time to work out.

...That said, if being lazy means that I can get "punished" bu Lis more often, then perhaps I should slack off a little bit more. :p

BTW, now that the RP had officially started, should we move these conversations to the OOC thread?

I still want to hear how long everyone has been with the company and everyone's preferences regarding sex scene handling. Anything aside from that can definitely go in OOC.

UPDATE: Larsen is done http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=900901. Will post his full sheet in the char thread later. Also finished one other NPC and am close to done on two more. YAY ME!

I think Lucretia is a fairly recent addition, as she had only been back to Midland for a couple months top.

As for the sex, I do think a separate "sex thread" or moving to PM can be good, though we need a way to handle when more than two people are involved in the sex, even if just watching. I guess deciding on the result of the sex then move the details elsewhere can be adequate, but that feels less organic.

How about this: If we can get a separate sex thread, everyone can check it so there's no problem. If not, then one of the people involved in sex can make a post, move the sex to the PMs, then periodically update the post with the content of each new PM. It takes a bit of effort, though.

I have taken a bit of initiative to move to OOC thread, barring DM saying "No don't use this yet." I vote we move there.

Ok then. Copying over from the OOC thread (will get around to deleting the extra in a moment if you wish.)

Pertaining to Anime's statement. Multiple people could still be handled via PM. It just might be a bit slower. That is one issue you run into in system games though is when the party splits and different people do different things. I've played games on other RP sites (that were not adult in nature.) that had multiple threads which made dealing with that easy but not sure how BMR would react if we made multiple threads for our game. For ease of the administrators I believe taking non-large/full group scenes to PMs is probably the easiest all around, unless everyone gets involved in scenes that take the same time and can manage to finish in about the same time (both game and real) but that's more coordination than I think we have XD At least right now.

And oooo, Lucretia is going to get it. She's not supposed to go to a client's home without at least informing someone. And leaving her clothes is just poor form.

Back
Top Bottom