Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Interest Check

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I'm considering GMing a Pathfinder game for a small group (3-5 players). There are a few things you should know about me as a potential GM.

1) I'm not a particularly great GM. I am still working on describing scenes with more detail and just generally lacking when it comes to the "fluff" that really sets the mood.

2) I am new to the site. I don't know which players would be good fits and which won't be.

3) I am not particularly in tune with Golarion (the Pathfinder world).

If still interested, I am looking for a small group of players to run an adventure path with, starting at 2nd level. I know 1st is recommended, but I encourage non-standard groups and character concepts and don't like seeing tedious, inspect every room type of quests, so there's a free head start.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaign you'd enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

UPDATE: Still following since new interest has sparked.

Also unless I am mistaken, I think Lisabeth is the shortest person in this party XD By a good six inches.

Blargh that was meant to be an edit. >.<

I'm never too good with come up with exact height and weight for my character, so I just cop-out and say "tall". :p

Also, if I haven't said this before, I'm saying this now: Lisabeth looks HAWT!

Well thank you, wish I could take credit for that picture ''^.^

And there is a nice nifty table in Pathfinder you can use to generate it, or just use it as a guideline and "fudge" it to get what you want :p But still, tall is probably taller than Lis.

I've never used the table before, but thanks for the reminder. And yes, Lisabeth is hot. Looking forward to all three girls immensely. Really, I am pretty excited about everyone but Avani. ~smiles~ I wish I could say I resent him for stealing attention from my chars, but the truth is that I'm relieved someone else can help with "satisfying" the other players.

Well I think having at least one guy in the party is always a plus. I'm actually rather glad we have one :p

Yeah, same. Wouldn't want our GM to get too tired from dealing with all the girls, after all!

I get the feeling there's going to be enough of the girls taking care of each other that the DM needn't worry regardless.

So, short version of Aisha's story--she was born into one of the high noble houses, but didn't really stand to inherit anything of note beyond the family name and a small sum of money, so she was after a government position such as a magistrate or something similar. She was also being trained by expensive tutors as a wizard and jeweler, as well as in various academic subjects, until she was accused of stealing supplies and items from her master jeweler. A scandal like that having made it difficult to get her footing politically, she's trying to get off the ground with her crafting skills, especially magic items.

I could just imagine how Lisabeth would greet Aisha XD

"Well hey, welcome to the troupe, or band or whatever we're calling ourselves these days. I don't much keep up with stuff like that.... So disenherited noble eh? Oh those are a fun bunch. Have you ever been to an Opera? I love the opera, don't get to go though, had to sneak in few times I have. Do you dance at all? Probably just that boring waltz or whatever, might be some demand for that though. Make jewelry you said well do you have any pieces I could see? I love jewelry personally, and you can make magic items? Those are useful, tough business though, you have to know what people are going to want, or spend all of your time making fancy lights that never go out. We need those in the entertainment business though so at least there's high demand. Oh have you met Avani? He knows a thing or two about magic. I'm Lisabeth by the way pleasure to meet you, what was your name again? Wait don't tell me... Ayasha? No that's not right. Aishia? No, but closer right? Of course it is. Aisha, that's it."

Lisabeth may or may not be a bit hyper when meeting new people :p

I feel like I killed things :O

"Don't mind Lis, she's a bit...well, she's a bit Lis."

I'm kind of imagining some built-in tension between Avani and Aisha. His background gives him a reason to dislike noblewomen, and depending on her personality there may be a whole Noble Lady vs. Filthy Street Rat thing going on. Princess, any thoughts on a semi-friendly rivalry leading to hatesex?

Hatesex is best rough sex in my opinion.

And Nobody, that formatting looks vaguely familiar XD

Hatesex is a possibility, but hatesex between two enchanters doesn't sound too very likely. Still, if things work out that way! Having her as a proper ally would probably be more beneficial though if only for her to make you scrolls!

Very true. I know I'll be taking Inscribe Magical Tattoos later, so we can probably help each other out with the prereqs. And scrolls will definitely be nice, since sorcerer spell selection is so much more limited.

Mic, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hmmm, thinking about random things and Avani might be able to convince Lis to get a tattoo :p Although he'd have to be a bit persuasive. Needle hurt o.o (about the one thing I can't stand is needles, fun fact. Yes even harmless ones.) Although not sure if you use needles in medievalesque settings so, that would be a plus.

As far as I know tattoos have always used needles or some other way of cutting/piercing the skin so the dye can be put in. But I'm sure Avani can convince Lis, he'll just need to give her something to focus on. ;)

Although in all seriousness, it's D&D (essentially) Could just go with a permanent mage mark spell :p Although I'd be too worried Avani might write something like "This is Mine" on her butt or something :p

I would never!
Alright, I totally would. But I'd probably write it in Varisian and tell you it means Beauty or something just to see how long it takes for you to find out. :D

Seeing as how she knows Varisian, pretty darn fast. :p

Try halfling. She would have no idea what it says, and can you imagine how she might find out? XD That would be a hilarious scene.

IMPORTANT UPDATE THAT REALLY DOESN'T AFFECT YOU!!!

Larsen is now a fighter/magus, formerly of the Korvosan guard. Personality is somewhat unchanged, but I wanted to go with something the group could benefit from if he ever became part of the group.

Princess, he does have his own spellbook, which can be used by wizards and vice versa.

Larsen so far: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=900901

I find it intriguing that Lis has such a bubbly and energetic personality, because in my mind Lucretia is quite meek and refined due to her noble upbringing, and has the mannerism that can pass for a proper lady if you look past the revealing outfit and her constant flirtations. Add that to the fact that she's also younger, taller and probably bustier, and a sub as opposed to Lis' dom, I think we have a pretty interesting sibling Ying-Yang going on here. :p

Also, feel free to tattoo whatever dirty words you want on Lucretia's body in whatever language you desire. :p

Okay, I've just noticed something--I think I need to replace my bonded amulet with a valet familiar, which could effectively double my item crafting speed in addition to giving me a +2 bonus on all craft and spellcraft checks for magic items (which would stack with the untyped bonus provided by Metacharge on metamagic items). That definitely beats an amulet that I could craft and recraft freely, especially if I end up taking Craft Wondrous Item anyway. I'll be making that change on my character sheet shortly, and might move my skill points around just a bit to cover more knowledge skills, since otherwise we have only bardic knowledge to go on, and I might finalize her language choices a little differently. Is there anything that seems particularly fitting to have been learned in a noble academic upbringing?

That said, while Aisha will probably be a little cold with Avani for a time, she's otherwise likely to return any flirting in kind, especially from the sisters, and if that leads to a nice date and then something a little further, they can come to work the next day and smile knowingly at each other about it and slip a joke in here and there. She may end up with a tattoo herself at some point, though, even if (and perhaps especially if) magical tattoos are really expensive, but it's more likely to be an elaborate artistic design than words written in any language.

I say go for the familiar if it will improve crafting, especially since that seems to be her main source of income (possibly even including adventuring).

Larsen is fairly keen on knowledge skills, though you may not always be able to contact him with a question, so definitely understandab;e there. As far as languages go, I'd recommend undercommon over orc, since there are all kinds of ruins underneath Korvosa, and possibly some intelligent writing about them from drow and such. Rare, of course, but given that she knows so many languages, an affordable "luxury" language.

Oh don't worry, Avani will take any opportunity to work with such attractive canvases. As far as I can tell magical tattoo costs are roughly comparable to wondrous items of the same effect, which is actually very helpful since you can have a tattoo and a wondrous item in the same slot. The same feat will also let me make spell tattoos, basically wearable scrolls.

KC, any thoughts on when we'll be able to kick this off?

Back
Top Bottom