Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Interest Check

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I'm considering GMing a Pathfinder game for a small group (3-5 players). There are a few things you should know about me as a potential GM.

1) I'm not a particularly great GM. I am still working on describing scenes with more detail and just generally lacking when it comes to the "fluff" that really sets the mood.

2) I am new to the site. I don't know which players would be good fits and which won't be.

3) I am not particularly in tune with Golarion (the Pathfinder world).

If still interested, I am looking for a small group of players to run an adventure path with, starting at 2nd level. I know 1st is recommended, but I encourage non-standard groups and character concepts and don't like seeing tedious, inspect every room type of quests, so there's a free head start.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaign you'd enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

UPDATE: Still following since new interest has sparked.

Great question. The content of the story will be here on BMR. Rpol will only be used for dice rolling and random notes/questions.

Cool. I do look expect a certain amount of adult content from the game, since that is why I'm on Blue Moon instead of RPOL/MW.

By the way, here is the general opinion of half-elves.

Bored young women of the human noble families occasionally
approach the Mierani enclave looking for an adventurous
rendezvous with someone exotic and beautiful.
Rather lustful himself, Perishial welcomes these trysts
with bemused pleasure and claims each one strengthens
the bonds between Korvosa and the Mierani elves. In his
years as diplomat, Perishial has fathered countless halfelf
offspring in this way, while the male members of his entourage have collectively contributed to dozens more.
Half-elves in Korvosa are thus generally looked upon as
unfortunates at best, or untrustworthy bastards at worst.

As long as we can avoid sources of massive damage, I think we should be fine. Here is what I have so far--I still need to finish items, including my bonded item, and spells (which I might still change anyway), but I think everything else is pretty much in order. I took the two traits you said we could get plus two from the additional traits feat because I think it fleshes things out a bit and expands my options some. Hopefully, this party will do fine, we just probably won't do very well against large sources of damage.

Looks good so far. Did you take max hp? I noticed all of you filled out HP, but not sure how you determined it.

6 at level 1, 3 at level 2, plus one at each level from favored class bonus, and twice my con mod. That should be 12 at first level including toughness and an extra 6 at level 2. Is that right?

It should be 11 at level one since you took the skill point, then 6 at 2.

MW sheet and fluff

Lucretia the Sword Dancer
Lucretia.jpg

Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=892928
Lucretia is one of the half-elf offsring Perishial has fathered, or at least that's what she liked to believe anyways. Despite her revealing wardrobe and flirty attitude, she actually had a rigid upbringing in one of the minor noble houses, which is where she picked up her swordplay and singing. However, fake sword fights and being an song bird for the nobles quickly bored her, which is why she ran away and started her wandering life, where she has lots of chance to put both her sword and her performance to use. She had been part of some performer or even mercenary group, and even worked at brothels, but all only for a brief while, for in her heart she is an eternal drifter, a loner without home

Safe to assume she worked for one of the 21 lesser noble families?

By the way, I've created an OOC thread, where I am posting useful information about the city. Please do not post there yet.

Yap. She might actually even be related to and/or have met Princess' character in some occasion, and perhaps she had worked for the performer group of Micbunny's character.

Tie ins are nice. By the way, BadAnime, I am unable to view your sheet. Is it set to public?

kckolbe said:
It should be 11 at level one since you took the skill point, then 6 at 2.
Am I calculating them wrong? I think I should have 2 + an int mod of 5 + 1 more for being human for a total of 8 per level and I've spent 16.

I was just going off of "Favored Class: Wizard (Lvl1: +1 skill, Lvl2: +1 HP)"

Ah, all is well then. Also, I finished posting the basic info about Korvosa in the OOC section. Feel free to post any questions.

BadAnime, it looks like you only spent 19 points on your stats, if you want to go back and increase them. This is a helpful tool for checking your stats, and you should have 25 points to spend.

Actually, you are absolutely right. Thanks for the catch! I'll get back to y'all when I fixed the stats.

Good catch, Princess. So, once BadAnime goes through the fulfilling task of making her stronger, we will be done with char creation. Two half-elves, two humans, all with some magical ability. I decided to stick with the theme and make the owner an alchemist of lawful neutral alignment. Glad to see alignments are all somewhat close.

Over the next few days to a week or so we will discuss the setting (check the OOC for info), the business, tie-ins, and YOUR expectations. I have a big vacation coming up starting at the end of the month, so the timing is a bit awkward, but all should be well.

Regarding age: Half-elves reach adulthood at 20, so our youngest char would be Lucretia at 19, making her the equivalent of 15. Lisabeth is next-youngest in human years at 18, Aisha is 20, and Avani is 22. A fairly young group, which makes sense given the low level. Take this into account when working on backgrounds, as most of their lives have been spent training.

Lucretia is the bustiest, too. No fair.

I may change my character's appearance before she's completely finalized, still, but she's confirmed to be remarkably hot and remarkably well-dressed either way.

Fuck Me Like a Princess said:
Lucretia is the bustiest, too. No fair.

This is called dramatic irony; the youngest character is also the bustiest!

Jokes aside, I've finished the fulfilling task of boosting Lucretia's stats.

Considering trading out my wand of magic missile for a wand of color spray instead, as the latter would be much more effective and I'm a bit worried about the combat effectiveness of this party. I guess it won't be very easy to target it well in combat, but it's still basically a save-or-lose against low-level enemies and fairly dangerous even against bigger stuff.

(Also, for whatever reason, Lucretia's DEX bonus isn't applying to her AC, which should be 18 instead of 14 as a result. Errors continue to be in your favor! And don't forget that bumping your INT gets you more skill points to spend!)

It looks like I don't even need to roll to scribe scrolls of first-level spells, since the Spellcraft DC would be 6 (5 + CL of 1) and my spellcraft modifier is +10. Unless 1 is an autofailure, do I even need to roll these? I've updated my sheet, assuming I won't need to roll them, but if I do I'll remove any of the scrolls I fail to scribe from my inventory.

Yup, she is still hot and well-dressed. Promise kept.

We haven't started yet, so gear may be changed without asking. Anything may be changed without asking, really, but I would appreciate a heads-up if you change skills, feats, or attributes, since I've counted everything up for those. I think color spray is a safer pick, as it remains useful longer than magic missile. Also, using color spray on a commoner won't risk killing him.

Regarding magic item creation, 5 + caster level does seem way too easy. Aisha actually has a +12 to spellcraft for scribing scrolls (+2 from Arcane Crafter) at 2nd level, meaning that even if you manage to not add any more skill ranks or increase intelligence, you would still automatically succeed at scribing scrolls of caster level 8. (skill bonus of 12, minimum roll of 1). A roll of one is not auto failure on skills, just attack rolls and saves.

Your scrolls automatically succeeded, as even changing to 10 + caster level wouldn't affect you. How does 5 + spell level + caster level sound? This would increase the DC of a 9th level spell (at caster level 17) from 22 to 31. However, by then Aisha's skill bonus will be 17 (skill ranks) + 3 (class skill bonus) + 2 (arcane crafter bonus) + between 5 and 10 for INT bonus (depending on gear, ability score increase spending). Even if Aisha's intelligence never increases (which is about impossible for a wizard), she would still only need to roll a 4.

Also, just a heads-up, but all of you will be receiving PMs from me soon. EDIT: PMs sent.

Back
Top Bottom