Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Shattered Nations Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Is what we will do. Someone take my lantern and ill go ahead just keep the light shined on me so I can see where I'm going. This way if there are traps you two wont get hurt."

Lena nods. "Alright. Be careful. I can heal you, but not if you're dead." She says. The group move down a curving hallway, that slightly angles downward.
Roll any rolls desired.

Xanivus careful eyes see that there is little dust, and that there used to be hangings of some kind that were stripped off long ago. Eventually, the group reaches the door to the 'Testing Blades', whatever they are.

Lena nods, and prepares herself by chanting a spell, before nodding her readiness.
(I never clarified, but Odilea, the small flying metal woman, is Lena's homunculus, which is like a familiar, but crafted.)
Roll anything you care to roll before, when, and shortly after opening the door.

There is a faint whirring noise from behind the door, and opening it increases the noise to a slightly above normal conversation level. Inside, they are various pillars from various surfaces, all with one thing in common. They all spin, and at least one blade is attached to each. Every pillar has a single glowing point, a dragon shard of Khyber embedded in it. It is a room with few safe spots. There is a trio of glowing, large Siberys dragon shards on the opposite wall. Next to them is a stone door, with etchings Xanivus can't quite make out. Some of the blades are spinning faster, and have the silvery sheen of mithral, while others have the color of adamantine, but are slower. All in all, a hazardous room, with little margin for error between the blades and timing.

"Hmm maybe I can try to get past it. Or maybe I can disable the spinning blades. What do you two think about this?"

"If you can, I'd suggest disabling the blades. Otherwise, I'd try to get past it the trio of Siberys dragon shards." Lena replies.

Xanivus attempts to slip through the blades without getting cut. (Not sure what check. Rolled 11+14. If its escape artist then I rolled 4+20)

We'll go with...
Escape Artist. Or Tumble.

Xanivus barely manages to squeeze past the blades, and ends up in front of the trio of Siberys shards.

Xanivus realizes that the Siberys shards can be manipulated, pushed up and down, and eventually finds a pattern that gets the blades to stop moving. "Good job." Lena says as she and Odilea walk in. Shortly after the two reach Xanivus...
Roll Listen, Spot, Reflex, and Initiative.

2 large figures drop out of the ceiling. They land, and ready themselves, wielding axe and shield.
Initiative
Lena: 18
Warforged: 11

Lena draws her mace, and chants a swift spell.
The two warforged swing their axes, one at each party member, but both strikes are easily dodged.

Xanivus goes to slip past the warforged that is fighting him and flank the one that is focused on Lena (10+15+2(for flank) (34 damage) and to slip past the one focused on me natural 20+20 on tumble.)

Xanivus tumbles past the first with ease, and stabs the second through what would be a human belly. Lena swings her mace, but misses both times. The first warforged misses as Xanivus dodges with ease, but the second catches Lena with a chop into her side.
Lena damage: 11
Warforged 2 Damage: 34

"If you need to flee at all Lena don't worry about leaving me behind." Xanivus goes for a full attack on the warforged focused on Lena (pretty sure its a flank. rolled 18 crit a 27 total and a natural 1. (46, 34)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom