Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Shattered Nations Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xanivus has a feeling this area could be really dangerous or heavily guarded by something because of the fact some of the doors are made of adamantine which is unusual. "Listen keep a look out for anything suspicious. I have a really bad feeling about this area in particular." Xanivus continues ahead.

Lena nods. "This is one of the two main confusing to translate places. There's something the 'First Creation' for certain, but the rest is full of double meanings and contextual words." Lena says. The ornate door is locked, but in an unusual way. There is a puzzle to it, and many of the places slide, turn, and in general move.

Roll Dexterity and Intelligence check, followed by Disable Device to unlock.

Xanivus grasps the concept of the puzzle easily, and rearranges it with speed. A few fumbles here and there, but the door opens in 24 minutes.

"Ok Lena anything you need before we go on through?" as Xanivus says this his tries to peek in through the door to see what's there. (31 spot total)

Lena tilts her hand forward. I can temporarily enchant your weapon, if that will help. Otherwise, most of my spells deal with items, only a few could be outside of that." Lena replies.

Lena nods. "Alright, then hand them over. It'll only last a little over two hours though, just so you know." She says.
(Please state weapon stats in next post, separate from Xanivus's statement.)

(I only have an ordinary rapier and an ordinary kukri. Its the magic items that I'm wearing that are giving me all my power.)
Xanivus hands his weapons over to Lena.

Lena chants for a while in a language that Xanivus can't comprehend, while a purple glow emanates from her hands, before enveloping the weapons. When she's down, she hands them back to him. "That will make them sharper, and allow them to pierce defenses easier."
(For the next 2hours and 30 minutes, they are +3 weapons.)

"Ok Lena lets try to get the jump on this enemy. The second I attack it thats when you will jump in the fight. Or....unless it spots me."
Xanivus starts to sneak towards the warforged. ( 25 move silently 26 hide(if needed))

Xanivus takes a quick look around the room to see if there is anything useful for the situation (20 in total on search)

There isn't any light from anywhere but the door. The vague darkness gives the only the shape of the thing standing in the shadows. No Dragon Shards light up this room. The room seems to be a decent sized room, but Xanivus cannot tell the actual size or shape at the moment.

Xanivus goes to sneak up to the warforged and attack it by surprise
(33 for move silent 30 for attack)
(36 damage total.)

As Xanivus lunges at the figure, bright lights erupt all around the room. The screech of metal on metal echoes in the room. Xanivus has just struck... A giant statue, of a warforged. Ancient writings cover it and the wall, while the slow grinding of stone on stone reveal a door of stone sliding down. "Hmm... If I'm not mistaken, this is a representation of the first Warforged! But why the door, if this is all it held?" Lena says, mostly to herself, while studying the script. After a few minutes, her eyes a completely wide with excitement. "It seems that the first designs of warforged were stolen! From Xendrik!" She exclaims excitedly. "It was always thought possible, but it was never proven. But why? And further, who really created the Warforged, and why?"

Xanivus stands there and thinks for a moment "Maybe the reason to create the warforged is to have an army that has no emotion and cannot feel pain. They are designed for war so maybe they were meant for creating the perfect army or something. That would be my guess. By the way where is Xendrik?" Xanivus goes to check out the door that just opened.

(I may be spelling it wrong, but Xendrik isn't a who, but a where. It's a continent south of Khovaire (where the kingdoms are). It has ruins that are older than the oldest known civilizations on Khovaire.)

"Maybe that was the original intention, but Warforged nowadays can, so something went astray if that was the original intention. It still leaves who, and how the design was stolen, and why it was stolen, and lots of other questions." Lena responds, still looking for more clues. The door leads to steps that spiral downward, but you can only see about 30 feet. The stairs block any further.

(My bad sorry about that)

"Here I'll go down first" Xanivus slowly proceeds down the stairs and searches around to see if there is anything.

(17 search)

After after 60 feet of stairs, Xanivus finds an odd marking, that seems like a button. There is another about about, and then one more after that.

"Here stand back. I'm gonna press this and see what happens." Xanivus presses the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom