Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Shattered Nations Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eberron Campaign, Starting Level 10
Breland is the home to Sharn, the City of Towers. All roads come and go through the metropolis, it's said. Many of Khorvaire's intrigue's do as well. Hope and despair, wealth and power, adventure and peace, all are said to be found in Sharn.

The King of Breland is getting old, and looking to find a heir worthy of his throne among his children. The dragonmarked houses of Cannith, Medani, Phiarlan, and Vadalis all vie for power in and out of house with subterfuge. Rumors speak of the Blood of Vol having a hidden temple within Sharn, and plotting murder or massacre. Ancient labyrinthes are buried underneath, for those willing to risk their lives in the depths.

A multitude of adventures and stories await those who explore this city of beginnings. Whether it is in taverns, in towers, or on the streets, intrigues await those with the courage to seek them.

Xanivus walked into a tavern searching for work to do. But not just some small work. He's looking for a mission he can risk his life on to make money (gather information check right? If so I got a 9)

A tall, gaunt man in black clothing approaches Xanivus at his local haunt, the Vagrant Vampire. "I have a proposition for you. I heard you can do things quietly, and I need something delivered without notice. Are you interested?" The man asks.

"Sure" Xanivus said. "Just tell me how much the pay is and ill get it done for you".

"Good. A thousand platinum pieces. I wish for you to deliver a package to Baron Merrix Cannith. It has to be done without being traced back to you or me. Understand?" The man asks.

"1000 platinum!?" Xanivus had never been payed that much before in his life. He seems to be very happy. "Sir you got yourself a deal"

"Good." The man replies. "Here is 200 of it as a down payment, and insurance that you don't work away with it. Look for me here in a month for the rest." The man says, before placing a wrapped box, and a sack of coins on Xanivus's table. The man then quietly slips back out into the night.

"Barron Merrix Cannith" Xanivus thought to himself for a bit "Where the hell is he? Oh well looks like ill have to find it myself." Xanivus decides to explore and try to find Barron Merrix Cannith wherever he could be.

Baron Merrix Cannith is one of the three leaders of House Cannith politicking for control of the house. He usually is found at his estate, but is being remarkably absent in the last week. Some wonder if he has some big plan in the works.

Merrix's estate is one of the larger towers in Sharn, and is relatively noticeable, since House Cannith is a big merchant house in Breland. However... "I'm sorry sir, Baron Cannith is not in right now. Is there anything else I can help you with?" The young woman answering the estate's front door replied.

"Well do you think theres any way I can see him for just one quick second?" "I just have to talk to him for a quick second and I will be on my way." Xanivus tries to conivince the woman to let him see the Barron. (diplomacy? If so a total of 8)

The servant shakes her head. "I am unaware of where he could be at the moment." A commotion down the street, of shouting, screaming and wailing grabs both of their attentions.

Xanivus decides to check on the commotion down the street. But he is cautious so he proceeds to the commotion but slowly.

When Xanivus comes across the commotion, it's a dead body lying in the street. City guards and police are beginning to seal off that section of the street so that they can investigate, but the gaping wound on the man's chest is suggestive of a edged weapon being the cause of death.

"Who the hell could have done this?" Xanivus thinks to himself.... "Agh there's no time for this. I have to do my mission" Xanivus decides to look for the Barron

After a bit of talking to House Cannith members, and dealing with some personal informants...
Xanivus finds that Baron Cannith has holed up in his private country estate, with a 'special project'. What the project is, is a source of speculation. That country estate is a few miles outside of town.

The private estate of Baron Cannith is a fortified manor, with a large grounds, and guards both human and not standing guard to keep his privacy.

Roll Move Silently and Hide checks.

Xanivus quietly ghosts in, avoiding alarming the guards. It wouldn't be inconspicuous to go to a man's private estate openly. People would take notice of it. Xanivus has now entered the manor. At the moment, it's quiet. A grand staircase is in the certain of the entrance room, with four halls, two on each side, and two of the four behind the staircase. A series of candles sheds some light in the manor, but there are plenty of shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom