Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Shattered Nations Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Be careful then." Lena says, pulling out her mace. It begins to shine, lighting up the darkness below. A ladder leads down about 30 feet.

Xanivus climbs down the ladder. As he is climbing down he is looking around just to make sure nothing is down there.

Xanivus doesn't see any thing, but when in a corrider of darkness after 40 feet, it doesn't mean much. But no immediate threat seems to be around.

Xanivus takes out his lantern and lights it. Then he begins to proceed down the dark corridor

Lena follows him down. The corrider angles downward slightly, and goes on for about 60 feet, before a simple iron door is in front of them.

Before Xanivus goes over to the door he searches for traps.

Rolled 29 total

That's if there are any traps.

The door is neither locked or trapped, and opens at a simple turn of the knob. Inside is what seems to be a vast room. Here and there, the faint glow of dragon shards give it an eerie glow of dancing lights, for all three kinds seem to be in this room.

"Ok there are lights in there but they are from magic. I have a suspicion that there might be a spellcaster waiting in there for us. Do any of you two have a plan before we enter the room?"

"Unless it's a warforged or undead, I doubt there are any spellcasters here. But magical traps... That's possible. It could also be magical locks." Lena stated her opinion. "I'd see if you could find any magical traps, and ways to disarm or bypass them."

Inside, the soft glow of dragon shards reveal various pillars, and various faces to each pillar. A total of eleven pillars are in the room, and there is a clump where there are all three kinds of dragon shards close together. The room is about 50 feet radius, softly lit by the dragon shards.

Xanivus starts checking the pillars one by one to see if there is any source of magic within them.

Each of the pillars have three 'faces', vague designs centered around a dragon shard. One of each is in the pillars. Siberys, Eberron, Khyber.

Each of the faces are the same on the other pillars. The same designs, the same placement of the shards, all correspond. And it seems that the pillars are turnable.

"This must be some sort of a puzzle. Do you two know anything about this?" Xanivus said to the girls.

Despite the lack of warning, Xanivus dodges the bolts of lightning with ease, almost as if he could see the future. Lena avoids them, but not nearly so well. "Well, that was a bust. Try Khyber then. That was the other possible solution." Lena says.

The pair turn the pillars again, and this time the pillars sink in, and a large clink echoes throughout the room. A grinding noise as the door slides upward. "Looks like we did it, Xanivus." Lena says.

"We should be good to proceed..." Lena says, before peering into the hallway. "I don't see anything. We should go about 100 feet in a curving hall. After that, there's this 'Room of Testing Blades'. Then there's another way deeper down."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom