Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Rad. XD>

"Get yourself together!" Bastian laughed at the man's corpse. "Well done, boys and girls!" He knelt down and searched the mage's body, neatly moving the head aside. <I rolled a 13, but let's assume we spend enough time searching him and the room we find whatever - this is the whole point of our little adventure and want whatever evidence we can find> He picked up the fallen staff and hands it to Tsuki, "Think you can put this to good use?"

Nothing of particular notice is on the man, but a decent amount of the missing supplies that aren't food or metal can be found stockpiled in the next room, where the man seems to have come from, since there is a ruffled bed there.

"I'll take it, but don't know I'll be able to use it. I get my powers from nature." She says, accepting the wand.

"Good point - you'll probably be able to get a fair bit of coin for it, though." Bastian makes a note of the missing supplies. "Well, I'd like to say job well done, but let's make sure the old man didn't leave any surprises for us before we load these bags up." He leads the party out of the room.

<If uninterrupted, we'll navigate back to the last fork in the road - that's up the stairs, right? We went through the iron door instead of continuing down the hallway?>

Bastian points out the mold, "Damn."

He and Irvine approach the mold, arms at the ready. "Tsuki...take a look in that other room...we'll keep an eye on her..."

He tilts his head to Irvine, "You stand on that side, I'll stand here, we'll surround her."

"Tsuki, you don't see anything in the next room? Then let's get this moving. Irvine, stay ready."

Bastian grabs the mold and tries to open it.

When Bastion pulls it open, he sees a figure the same shape as the one that attacked them earlier. However, this one speaks, in a clear tenor. "Hello Master. How may I help you?"

Bastian glances at Irvine, and back at the figure, "And hello to you as well. Can you tell me more about your...previous master?"

"I have no previous master, Master." The figure replies. Irvine is on edge, ready to strike. Tsuki is staring at it intently, her emerald eyes glowing.

"It seems... She's a blank slate. If I'm seeing the magics right, then these molds," Here she pointed at the three molds in the room, "would have the melted metal from the furnace poured into them via magic. This would give the construct the exact shape he wanted, while also forcing the metal to be denser than normal, giving it higher strength and endurance. But it looks like when you two threw in those dogs, the magics clashed, and tried to correct each other. Eventually, they yanked all the magic in the room, and melded it together in it. Even now, the furnace is cooling off. All three of the molds have lost their enchantments." Tsuki replies, stunned and a little excited.

(Arcane Sight, plus natural 20 on K.Arcana check. Luuucky.)

"Lucky us," Bastian nods at Tsuki. "Well then - you don't have a name, do you? Come with us, and stay ahead of me, if you don't mind."

Bastian leads the party along with its new construct upstairs to the hallway, and turns to the right, marching into the darkness. He looks to Irvine, "What do you think, can we trust this? Seems like very strange magic."

"Very Well, Master. I have no current name, but my designation is 117." It said, doing as he asked.

Irvine grunted. "If Tsuki says it's a blank state, it's a blank slate. Tsuki doesn't fool around with magic, no matter how flighty she is otherwise." He replies.

"I trust both of you, but the nature of this whole thing has me on edge. So the previous woman construct was designation 111. Let's assume those dogs were 12, 13, and 14. That leaves two more creations made in between - I wonder what's happened to them with the death of their previous 'Master' " Bastian says to Irvine.

"Well, 117 - do you like your current designation, or would you like us to give you your own name? And can you tell me a bit about your capabilities, please?"

As the conversation continues, the party continues to march through the dark hallway.

"I would appreciate my own name, Master, but will settle for what you desire. As for my capabilities, I have enhanced physical attributes, along with what seems to be a coalescing magical core. Meaning I may be able to use magic to a slight degree, or have magical abilities. I am uncertain of the parameters, since I was not designed for them, Master. The core seems accidental in nature, and it is taking time to assimilate into me. I have a basic knowledge of combat situations, and I know various languages." 117 answered as they continued down the hall. 100 feet down, there is another turn in the hall, this time to the right.

(Sorry about delay. Work got busy.)

(No worries, I'm at work too. Take your time.)

"Very well - 117, you shall now be known as Arianwen. The name means 'Holy' and 'Silver'. I trust you to wear it well. Do you have any memories other than my awakening of you, Aria?" Bastian asked her as they approached the turn in the hallway, and gently moved himself in front of her, pressing himself close to the wall and peeking around it.

<Search 18
Move silently 1 - lol>

Bastian accidentally bumps his head against the edge of the wall at the turn, "ARG!"

Tsuki giggles as he bumps his head, while Irvine grunts in disappointment. "No Master, my first memory is you. I shall do my best, though wearing a word seems illogical, even if it is your name." 117, now Arianwen, replies.

The hall seems clear, but goes further down. There seems to be a door, or something similar further down, barely in sight.

Bastian scowls at Tsuki, rubbing his head. "Excellent. Aria, can you scout ahead and see about that door?"

He, Tsuki and Irvine follow about 15 feet behind Arianwen.

"Of course, Master." Aria says, before walking forward. When Aria reaches the door, Aria pulls it open...

And gets body slammed by another silvery figure. This one is larger and bulkier than Aria, and when it backs off of her, obviously shaped like a male. Aria comments, "I felt pain." This is said in a stunned voice.

Roll Initiative
Tsuki: 23
Aria: Natural 1
Irvine: 20
Construct: 18

Tsuki swings her staff and smacks for 8 damage. Irvine swings in a overhead cut and slashes a groove for 18 damage. The construct kicks Irvine in the shoulder for 14 damage.

Total damage to Construct: 26
Damage to Aria: 15
Total to Irvine: Honey Badger. 42, the answer to Life. (Seriously? It's 42. Couldn't resist the memes.)

Bastian closes the gap between him and the construct, and rolls to its side, flanking the large figure.
<I don't know what check you'd want for that, jump or balance, but I rolled a 19>

He stabs at its back...
<Crit - Natural 20 attack roll - what does a shortsword crit to? My modifier is +4, I trust you to figure that one>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom