Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aria picks herself up and kicks the other construct, doing 14 damage. Tsuki swipes her staff, but misses as the construct dodges. The construct ducks Irvine's downward cross slash. The construct swings at Bastion, but Bastion trips him, knocking him prone.

Total damage to construct: 66
(Bastion went Badass!)

<Haha, thanks. That's like...more than all the damage I've done thusfar, times 2. Flanking, dude.>

Bastian wields his sword pointing downward, thrusting it down at the prone construct.

<Either he's prone so I get sneak bonus, or I'm flanking so I get sneak bonus, so let's do this again>

<11+9 attack (+2 for prone, right?)
2+4 damage + 9 sneak damage = 15 total>

Bastion stabs it deeply in the torso again, and the thing collapses onto the ground. "How unusual. I was not created to feel pain." Aria comments to herself out loud.

Bastian bends over and checks the back of the immoving figure's neck for a number. "Well Aria, I imagine whatever combination of magics brought you to us probably made you a little differently than you were originally intended. You'll get used to it, hopefully. Pain can be a useful ally if you know how to view it. Just ask Irvine!" Bastian laughs, pointing out the tall man's bruised chin. "You really should let her take care of you, friend."

Irvine grunts in annoyance, but nods his head. Tsuki's hand glows white as she begins healing the wounds the constructs have inflicted on him. "I'm uncertain how pain can be beneficial, Master, but I will try to find out." Aria replies, staring at the construct a moment. "This... This is why you were wary of me, isn't it?" She says softly to herself as she continues staring. You thought I'd... act like that."

(I realize I'm using female references to what is basically a magic robot, but she has a feminine body, and will have a feminine identity. I sorta tired of catching myself. So, it's foreshadowing.)

"We did...I'm not so sure anymore. You like Aria here, don't you, Tsuki?" Bastian says, hoping to call on her cheer. "Your kind are very powerful, yes. And potentially dangerous. Do you have a word for your beings like that one or yourself? One that you're aware of?" Bastian says to Aria.

As they chatter, they begin making their way into the room the construct emerged from.

<Did he find anything on the back of its neck?>

(He did. Didn't notice that little check of Bastion's.)

Bastion find the number 116 on it's neck.

"You seem nice, and so far only attacked that thing who attacked you first! But you keep calling Bastion master, so that's kinda strange. But then, I talk to animals, like Blackfang!" Tsuki responds. Aria nods, looking slightly more cheerful, before shaking her head. "I do not know if we have specific name. It is not amongst the information I was created with." Aria answers.

In the room is another iron door. This room is about 20 cubic feet, and smaller than the rest.

Batian smiles at the conversation from Tsuki and Aria. As they make their way across the room towards the door, he tells Irvine about the 116 designation and points out that there's likely at least one more construct to put down.
He presses his ear to the iron door and listens.
<Listen 14. If nothing heard, proceed through door. If something heard...kick door. Strength check 15>

Bastion hears nothing, but when he tries to open the door...

It's locked.

(You know, I find myself forgetting Blackfang. Kinda depresses me, because he comes across to me as a black furred Red 13, without the fire, yet. But, since it's mostly humanoids talking, Blackfang can't do much.)

<Is he with us? That could be interesting.>

"Damn." Bastian turns to the party. "Locked. Any ideas? My lockpick set got stolen in the last month or so...yes I see the irony."

<Might be my last post before bed. If I post again, that's my last post before bed.>

Irvine grunts, amused, before setting his shoulder to the door. "If you don't mind helping..."

Together, they shove the door off it's hinges, and reveal a large room, so large the light doesn't reveal the other side. Pillars, 3 foot wide, are scattered here and there, reaching into the ceiling 20 feet above them.

Roll Listen check.

"Spread out and search the room," Bastian says. "Check the pillars, too. Tsuki, can you lighten it up in here?"
The group makes its way across the room in the darkness.

<Search 15
Spot 13>

Tsuki nods, and begins casting light spells at pillars barely in view, lighting up the room. At the last light spell, Bastion catches the glint of something silvery before...

Roll Reflex Save.

Bastion is smashed into a pillar by a large object. The object reveals itself as a metal bird as it backs up, intent on ramming again.

Bastion takes 9 damage.

Roll Initiative.
Tsuki: 14
Blackfang: 9
Irvine: 5
Construct: 3

Initiative 1.

Bastian slumps to the ground next to pillar - his injury stunning him.

Tsuki begins a chant, and calls down lightning on the construct. It dodges a direct hit, but still takes 7 damage. Blackfang leaps at it, body slamming it for 5 damage. Irvine takes a swing at it, but misses with his sideswing. The construct flies at Tsuki, but misses as she rolls away.

Total Construct Damage: 12

Bastian shakes off his shock and runs toward the melee. He's closing in on the group, behind Tsuki as she dodges the bird, and he leaps - hoping to grab and drag down the bird in its surprise.

<Jump 13
Grapple check 24>

Bastion grabs ahold of the construct, which struggles but isn't able to break free. The others all wait, preferring to not risk injuring Bastion.

"Help me! Hit it, hold it, something!" Bastian calls to the party, rolling on top of it, trying to pin the thing to the ground.

<Grapple check 15>

Irvine and Aria attack from opposite sides at the same time, trying to keep it in Bastion's grip. Tsuki chants another bolt of lightning, hoping It doesn't hit Bastion.

Total Damage to Construct: 60
Roll Reflex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom