Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsuki smiles, and says, "Spunds good! Gotta stop evil undead guys when possible, after all." Irvine grunts, but nods. "So long as I can't find _him_, one place is as good as another." Irvine says. Aria comes back into view after briefly disappearing. She looks... contemplatively upset. And she's dressed in simple clothes now. "A woman said I was indecent, since I was 'naked'. Was I indecent?" She asks.

Bastian's face frowns in confusion. "I wouldn't...." his voice trailing off. He inquisitively looks at Tsuki and Irvine, then back to Arianwen. "CAN you be indecent? Hell if I know. Well, if it makes you or the others feel more comfortable, fine by me. Aria, we're discussing the matter of the lich." He focuses back on the table, looking from companion to companion. "Seems no-one in Kippo has ever heard that name before - nor has there been any talk of liches. I don't know if that relieves or worries me, to be honest. A lich is a serious concern though - possibly enough to inform the capital, especially if he's trying to build an army of Warforged, as the man's notes suggest. Now - hopefully we've bought some time by stopping his builder and ransacking his supplies, but I imagine someone of his resourcefulness won't stop for long. The question is... what do we do now? Tsuki - have you any idea where one would begin searching for a lich? Should we head to the capital to inform the emperor's sons? I'm open to all ideas. Let's put it to a vote - you chime in too, Aria. I know you might not understand the situation entirely, but I trust your calculating mind. I'll save my vote for last."

"Hmm... I think we should at least head toward the capital. At the least, we can hopefully find more information in Pandora." Tsuki says with a nod." Irvine grunts, before commenting, "Telling Vandole might get somewhere, but I'd avoid Manmon. At best, he'll politely nod while ignoring you. At worst, he'll steal the research and make his own army to take the Empire." Irvine seems to have contempt for Manmon, and grudging respect for Vandole. Aria stares for a moment. "I suppose going to this capital, Pandora, would be best, if only for more information. However, I'd recommend learning more about either Vandole or Manmon, and certainly more about this Thanatos. Liches are powerful mages _before_ becoming undead, to keep learning, correct?" She responds.

Bastian quietly nods, listening attentively to everyone. "Correct, Arianwen." He eyes his drink contemplatively for awhile. Irvine's speech was interesting, both his feelings for the emperor's sons, and his reluctant acceptance to join in the search. Who is this 'him'?
"...Then it's decided. To Pandora, eh?" Bastian quickly swallows the rest of his drink, and rises from his chair. "Excellent! You two make your preparations and meet me at the edge of town. We'll be on our way within the hour. Aria, with me." Bastian drops coin on the table to pay for everyone's drinks, plus extra for the barkeep, and heads to the market with Aria. He points out the ways of the townpeople, knowing that human society is new to her, trying to explain the way they live and talk and interact as best he can. They purchase some supplies for the road, food and such, and head to the meeting spot to find their friends.

Aria takes everything Bastion says with quiet attention, looking like she is committing everything to memory. When the two join Tsuki, Irvine, and Blackfang, Aria is in a quiet, contemplative state again, and her 'eyes', round green gems of equal size to humans, are cloudy, as if she's thinking on something. "So, ready to go?" Tsuki asks with cheer, literally bouncing from foot to foot. Irvine and Blackfang are ignoring it. "Good, we'll be leaving shortly, right?" Says Irvine.

"Aye," Bastian nods. "If you two are ready, lets be off - we have a ways ahead of us."

<I'm assuming Bastian knows where / how far Pandora is, but I don't. Care to update me?>

Pandora is the capital of Camfeld, and seat of the Empire. It is about a month on foot from Kippo.

The days walk passes peacefully, with Tsuki casually conversing with the animals they come across, and Irvine grunting in annoyance or resignation at some of her antics. When they camp for the night, Aria quietly disappears once the camp is set, and Tsuki goes hunting, leaving Irvine alone with Bastion for the moment. Irvine begins to take care of his sword, shining and polishing it.

Bastian sits by the fire, enjoying the sounds of dusk. He eyes Irvine's activity, the greatsword nearly as impressive as the man. "Tell me Irvine...what - ...who are you looking for? I know it must be a sensitive thing, but, you've nearly come out with it on your own twice now. Tell me what you're seeking, and I swear I'll help you best I can do find it." The sounds of the fire mask the long silence while Irvine continues polishing...

<Diplomacy 26>

Irvine grunts. After a final look at his sword, he puts it in it's sheath and turns to Bastion, a dead look in his eye. "Only reason I'm telling you, is cause I trust you a little, and don't want to go off on you. 7 years ago, my village was attacked by raiders. The leader of those raiders, killed my parents and raped my sister. That incident woke my psychic powers. After the army came and drove the raiders out and away, I promised I'd never let that happen again. I got my sister taken care of, and learned how to fight in Lorima. She's married now, and put that behind her. But I will never forget that powerlessness as my family and home crumpled around me. He will pay. Thanks for the offer, and I might need it with the raiders, but it'll be just me and him in the end. I won't be able to rest until he's gone, preferably by my actions."

Bastian looks Irvine in the eyes, reading the pain and anger there. "Aye. I understand. You will have your day, Irvine. One day."

When Tsuki returns, he assists her in preparing the food.

Irvine starts setting up tents for everyone but Tsuki ("I like nature, thank you!"). After a little bit, Aria's voice calls out from the tree. "Does this fit in better?" She asks as she walks into view. Looking human, instead of warforged. She seems to look exactly the same measurement wise, but replace metal skin with what seems to be flesh, her jewel eyes with soft human brown, and put short brown hair on her. "I was messing with my magical core, and this happened while I was thinking about how to be more human."

"What the devil..." Bastian breathes as he stands up from the fire, walking across the camp towards Aria. "You are certainly full of surprises, aren't you, '117'?" he says with a smile. "I suspect that designation is becoming farther from the truth of you every second. You truly are Aria now, aren't you?" He reaches out and feels her hair, and then takes hold of her hands - the unmistakable feeling of warm flesh." Blackfang runs up to her and begins sniffing her ankles.
Bastian turns to Irvine and Tsuki, "Look at this! Can you believe it?"

Tsuki stares, quite surprised, before glomping Aria. "Yay! Now we can have sleepovers, and do our hair, and talk about guys while vegging out, and..." Tsuki continues a litany of things, while Irvine just grunts. "People might take it the wrong way when she calls you Master now." He says to Bastion. Blackfang just continues being a wolf after making sure that he knew the stranger-that-was-shiny-but-isn't. Aria looks mildly concerned at Tsuki's litany.

Bastian smiles at Irvine, "Let them talk..." He leaves Aria to Tsuki's 'fun', and heads to his tent. "Sleep well, everyone. Our long trek begins in earnest tomorrow."

In the morning, when Bastion goes outside, he finds Irvine talking to... a naked Aria. "I get that it's dirty, but you can't go around naked, at least in human form. That's just as 'bad' as wearing dirty clothes, if not worse." Irvine sees Bastion, and grunts. "Talk to her, maybe she'll listen to you. Far too distracting, and it'll only encourage Tsuki." Irvine turns and begins packing his tent. "Good morning, Master. How are you?" Aria asks.

"I'm, I'm fine." Bastian stammers. "Aria, you must wear clothes around people if you're going to fit. Believe me - Irvine is right on that. You'll be far better off as a woman with dirty clothes than a woman with no clothes...not only is it odd, it's potentially dangerous." Wait...did he say encourage[/b[ Tsuki?
"Please, get dressed."
He begins breaking down the camp with Irvine when another question comes do mind, "Aria, did YOU sleep last night? Or did you 'rest' as you did back in Kippo?"

"Alright Master." Aria says, somewhat reluctantly. "I slept as in stand outside and watched the stars and outside. It was nice." As she dons her clothes, Tsuki walks into view, yawning and stretching. "Ahhh, it's always nice to sleep with nature. Wait..." Tsuki stares with narrowed eyes at Aria. "Did you get naked? Yesss!" She hisses with satisfaction. "See Irvine! I'm not the only one!" Irvine grunts. "She is a warforged, with very limited social interaction. What's you're excuse?" He replies.

Bastian laughs at the argument, "Easy everyone. I don't think anyone cares how you sleep as long as we're all dressed come morning!" He looks at Irvine and chuckles. "Well...maybe except you. Wouldn't want to risk waking up after you."

They finish breaking down camp and begin the days journey toward Pandora.

Irvine grunts. "The problem wasn't sleeping naked. The problem was she'd _travel_ naked. 'Being one with nature' she called it." Irvine said to Bastion alone as they traveled.

About 4 hours later...
Roll Spot and Listen check.

"Everyone stop!" Bastian says with a shouted whisper. The party halts. "Spread out. Be ready for danger," he says in a low voice, unsheathing his shortsword. He follows the length of the trip rope and tries to eye what trap it will trigger.

<Search 10>

Bastian and the party navigate off the road and follow the path from about 30 yards off - keeping an eye out for anyone else.

<Move silently 18
Spot 16>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom