Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selma nods, and hangs around, talking to Aria. In the morning... Bastion wakes and finds the three girls talking when he pokes his head out the tent. "Good Morning, Master." Aria says, before turning back to the conversation. Selma and Tsuki are too engrossed to notice Bastion.

The girls are discussing hunting methods and reasons and the moment. Tsuki likes to transform and hunt them down with no tools when she has the luxury, or uses spells when she doesn't. Selma prefers traps and shooting them with her bow to hunt. But she doesn't deny there's an attraction to killing prey with claw and fang.

Bastian agrees with Selma - traps are his favorite hunting method as well. He begins cooking food - rabbits caught in traps set last night - while showing the process to Aria. Bastian seems to quite enjoy teaching Arianwen about human life and custom.

Once everyone has eaten, they begin breaking down camp. Bastian asks Selma, "We're off towards Pandora. If you'd like, you can follow us along the road - you're welcome company."

"His name is Thanatos, and he's attempting to build an army of an ancient rage called "Warforged" - like Aria here." Bastian points at Aria. "When we met Arianwen, she looked entirely of metal. In fact, she still is, her appearance is merely an illusion. That's why your nose and eyes don't agree about her. Anyways, he seems intent on using other creatures like her, and I don't imagine a lich has any good intentions for an army."

"Thanatos, huh?" Selma says, tilting her head. "I think I've heard that name, actually. But it's been a long time. And it didn't mean anything then..."

<Diplomacy 1 which I'll call Bastian opening his mouth to ask more and thinking better of it>

<Sense motive - 18+2>

As they walk, Bastian takes Tsuki aside and tells her, "Tsuki, I think our friend know something about Thanatos, but I can't coax it out of her. You seem to click with her better than I do...see if you can get her to tell you more as we're on the road today?"

They continue their trek.

Tsuki nods. The day passes peacefully, and when they stop for lunch, Tsuki asks Selma, "So, you mentioned knowing about Thanatos?" Selma looks contemplative for a moment, then shrugs. "Just kitten tales. About an old man who didn't like the world, so became a lich to live long enough to change it. Mama told the story of Thanatos, the Man of Death who lost to the Maiden of the Moon, in the search for the Divines' Seeds. But that's a kitten's tale." Selma replies.

"Oh? What's wrong with kitten's tales?" Bastian asks. "I'm up for a story. Go ahead, tell us!" he says, biting into his jerky and looking to Selma expectantly.

"Well," Selma starts, "Long ago, there was the Void. From the void, The Goddess gave birth to everything from nothing, including the other eleven great divines. Eventually, they created the world's inhabitants. But after a long time, one race began to control the others, and stole a spark of divinity, allowing them to live forever, if they weren't killed. The other races rose against them, and in the end broke free. But a man lived through it, and enjoyed the death. And began living for it, until one day he stopped living. He kept going, now a lich, trying to change the world. He decided that if he took the Seeds of Divinity, he'd become a god. but one day, he heard a woman speak prophecy. 'A Maiden of the Moon shall save the world from you' A gypsy spoke. He began searching for the Maiden of the Moon instead. But he never found her, and sank into dust, having spent everything trying to find her or the seeds." Selma shrugs. "At least, that's the jist."

"Interesting story! Thanks for sharing, Selma. Now, I've never heard of a Maiden of the Moon...is that something common to your people's stories? Forgive my ignorance," Bastian says.

Selma shakes her head. "It's fine. And nope! The Maiden of the Moon only comes up in the Thanatos tale. She's said to have eyes of the sky and hair of the earth, to be close to nature and to know it's worth. She alone can find the Seeds, and bring out the power in them to save the world from the lich's grasp. At least, according to the story."

"Hm. Sounds like someone to keep an eye out for. Well, enough idle chat...let's be off."

As they walk, Bastian begins to wonder about alternative means of travel...a month is a long time to be on the road, especially with the dangers about. However, he has no conclusive plans today.

The town of Todo is about two days away. During the rest of their walk that day, Tsuki seems unnatural quiet. They camp after sunset, and supper is eaten.

Bastian rises early in the morning and finds Tsuki before everyone rises, save Aria. ("Good Morning, Master!" "Yes, yes.")
"Tsuki, are you feeling alright? You weren't yourself yesterday."

"I did," Bastian nods. "Makes me very glad to have you with me! Come on girl...doesn't that cat tale lift your spirits?!"
<Diplomacy check to cheer Tsuki up...Natural 20>

Tsuki smiles. "I suppose. It does say I save the world!" She takes a bit of cheer from Bastion, and the group continues on their way. 3 hours later...

Roll Reflex.

Bastion, Tsuki, and Selma all avoid the fireball that erupts suddenly, while Irvine and Aria are caught in the blast. A war cry in goblin can be heard, before several green bodies pour out of the bushes and trees, while hints of blue goblins can be seen.
Roll Initiative
Irvine: 16
Tsuki: 12
Aria: 9
Goblins: 4
Selma: 3
Blues: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom