Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bastian looks from the raven, to Tsuki, and back, and again. "Well, it sounds like we should follow the raven to the north, eh?" He looks at Irvine for approval.

Irvine grunts and nods. "Alright then! Where to, Mister Raven?" The raven points northward with it's beak. Irvine follows after her.

(Assuming Bastion follows as well... by the way, I find this amusing. Do you?)

The raven leads them, in a slightly winding way, for about two hours. Then they reach a clearing, and within the clearing is an old, abandoned stone building, possibly a temple. It's uncertain for sure, because erosion from wind and rain and plants have hidden and broken parts of the outside. "Is this it, Mister Raven?" The raven nods, and then flys up and out of the sack, seeking another place. "Bye-bye Mister Raven!" Tsuki calls out.

<Bastian definitely follows - this is great.>

"Alright, everybody, let's take a look. What do you think, Irvine, should we be more worried of this guy than we were of his 'lackey'? The way I see it, you want the big guy guarding you, right? So whoever sent him after us is probably some pansy looking for easy loot." Bastian grins at his companions, and begins examining the building, looking for an entrance or any interesting markings or structures.

<Search roll 19 + 2>

Irvine nods. "Probably won't be a good fight. Might be spells thrown though. Takes magic to make construct like that." He replies. Bastion finds an opening inside, somewhat hidden by vines, but it's obvious where they've been pushed aside for someone to come and go.

Upon noticing the entrance, Bastian gestures to his companions and gets their attention, and tries to stalk his way through the doorway.

<Move silently check 8 + 2>

Irvine and Tsuki nod, with Blackfang following after the trio.

The inside is a 50 foot cube, with pillars about 3 feet wide scattered here and there, some broken. The trio's arrival isn't reacted to by anything. It seems as silent as a grave. There is a door of iron on the opposite side of the room. Nature has broken into this place in spots, for puddles can be seen and vines grow on this side. At the moment, it seems empty...

Bastian and the group look around the room. He asks Tsuki to inspect the pillars while he leads Irvine with him over towards the door - places his ear to the door and listens for any stirring on the other side.

<Search roll 3+2>

<Listen roll 11>

<If nothing else is found/heard, he tries to lead the party through the iron door.>

Nothing else is found or heard. So, behind door number 1...

Is a hallway that goes 50 ft before turning left, angled downward. There isn't any illumination then the outside though, so it's very shadowy at the turn.

(For a fighter, you're acting distinctively roguish. Don't forget, characters have max HP per level. Also, neither one of them are particularly skilled classes. Not trying to convince you, just commenting. Okay, maybe a little. I'm one of those party balance guys. Plus, flanking with Irvine will mean lots of damage in little time.

In my opinion, there are 5 levels of caution in D&D. Barbarian: 'Traps? There are no traps. Even if there were, I'd break them!', Fighter: 'If they happen, we'll survive, but try to avoid them.', Cleric: 'This looks suspicious. I'll cast Find Traps to be safe.', Wizard: 'Hmm, if I were an enemy, I'd place a trap here.', and Rogue: 'Look everywhere. There's always a trap. Always. Sometimes it's hidden... by another trap.')

<Let's go rogue, then. I can't fight nature, lol, and I've already got the dagger. Also, flanking is probably my favorite thing in the world. Also, as long as I'm playing rogue, I'm gonna rogue the hell out of this hallway - let me know what if there's a different check I should roll>

Bastian peers down the hallway, and finds it suspiciously empty. He looks to Irvine and Tsuki and says, "I don't like this hallway. I'll take point, you follow about 10 feet behind me, and keep your ears and eyes open." He begins stalking the hallway by shimmying along the edge a foot at a time as if making a narrow pass on a mountain, keeping his eyes peeled for traps or oddities on the wall and floor.

<Just in case -
Balance (along the wall) 17+1
Spot 18
Search 19 + 2
Move silently 14+2
:p>

(Those are the skills for finding stuff. Except for listen. Other than that, you got them all.)

About 30 ft down the hallway, Bastion's caution pays off. What looks to be a pit trap for about 10 ft is here. Bastion edges along, and doesn't trigger it, making it to the other side. Tsuki casts Light on her staff, making it easier to see within 40 feet of her.

Bastian points out to Tsuki and Irvine, and once they're all past the trap, they head to the corner. Bastian says to Tsuki, "Hey, what do you see up ahead? My eyes haven't quite adjusted..." He looks at Irvine, the massive man even more intimidating in the contrast of bright magical light and darkness of the dungeon.

"Seems like it keeps going down for a while... farther than I can see anyway. It looks like... might be a door? Hard to tell from here, but it's on the right side. Blackfang, smell anything?" Tsuki asks. The black wolf sniffs around, then gives a single low growl. "He says that construct has been here, often. So, we're in the right place!" Irvine nods. "Good. The sooner we find out what's going on, then better."

Fortune favors the bold... "Let's get to the bottom of this!" he whispers loudly to his friends. "Come on!" I doubt there's anything much else after that pit. Bastian grabs Tsuki by the arm and charges down the hall, looking out for the next door or turn.

(I warned you! The trap was hidden by a trap!)

As the group rushed forward, Irvine and Blackfang behind Bastion and Tsuki, the object she mentioned becomes clear. It is a door, one more iron one. The hallway continues on down past, the end still unseen...

(Just kidding! No trap.)

"Tsuki, ask Blackfang to take point for us? I trust his nose." Bastian leads the party cautiously through the dark hallway, anxiously awaiting the next opening.

<Search 14>

(So, just checking, you are passing the door and continuing the down the hallway? Not trying to convince this time, just clearing up any confusion. The hallway continues farther down, but there is an iron door on the right side.)

<Oh! I thought you meant it led to a door as a dead end and we just went through it. Choices...Yeah, we're going through the iron door.>

Inside the door is a mish-mash of metal parts, like they'd been thrown in here. Various kinds of metals, from copper to iron, brass to steel, and even mithral to adamantine, though the last are rare and few in this room compared to the other metals. It seems this is a room of junked parts. Some pieces are legs, arms and other body parts, while some are weapons.

Bastian carefully stalks his way into the room and quietly says to his companions, "Guys - that thing looked like it was some odd metallic construct, right? I think we're definitely on the right track."
Bastian makes a mental note of this room as a potential spot to grab weapon or materials on the way out.

<If there are any cool weapons - one-handed melee or auxiliary kinda stuff, I'll do a search of the room - looking for other stuff as well, but focused on sweet loot. Search 15 total. Regardless of what we find, I'll look for the exit and start making our way out of it.>

The variety of weapons is rather astonishing, but most are dented, or unable to be used as a weapon, because their attached to an arm or leg. However, there are 19 that are useable, and some of them are mithral, a shortsword, a spear, and a warhammer. There are several longswords, a couple of axes, half a dozen spears, and the rest are maces and hammers of various sorts.

There after a bit of picking through the metal, Bastion can find a set of stairs leading down in the right ode corner furthest from the door.

Bastian grabs one of the nicer shortswords from the pile, admiring and showing it off to his friends in the light of Tsuki's staff, and sheathes it, leading the party down the stairs, keeping Tsuki in step with him, lighting the way.

(I'll assume by nicer, you mean the mithral. Weapons of mithral are half as heavy as normal weapons, and are harder to sunder.)

The stairs head down a ways, about 70 feet total, before ending at another iron door. All of the iron doors here have been the same design, a simple plain affair. However, it's noticeably warmer down here.

Bastian makes sure his companions are prepared for danger, wipes a drop of sweat from his brow, and cracks open the iron door.

Inside the door...

It is obvious what is causing the heat. A huge furnace is in this 100 cubic foot room. Metals in their raw form are gathered, here as are 3 different molds. One is in the shape of a humanoid, another is that of a large bird. The last mold is the figure of a woman. Almost exactly like the figure that attacked the trio earlier. There are two doors here, one to the left, and one to the right.

Bastian takes a look at the furnace and the molds. "Looks like we're on the right track, eh? Look - there's our friend, " he remarks as he points out the mold of the woman. "Let's see what's around - you two take a look through that door, I'll check this one," he points Levine and Tsuki to the right door and makes his way to the door on the left. He presses his ear to the door and listens.

<Listen check 12>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom