Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gruff voice called out, "Alright. Come on and get under." The caravan slows and stops, waiting for the three to get on.

"In we go," Bastian helped Tsuki up and into the caravan and jumped in after her. Turning to Irvine he called, "Come on in, friend. You don't mind sitting on the edge, do you? That's the closest you'll get to taking point in here," he chuckled as Irvine squeezed his giant body in and safe from the weather.

As the caravan started moving along, he introduced himself to the driver, "Sebastian Laroche, sir, this is my companion Tsuki, and the pretty one is Irvine. Have you seen anything odd along the road today?"

The driver, a man looking 50, with a body that reminds one of an old tomcat, replies, "No, but I've hearing rumors lately from other drivers that this route's going bad. No idea what's been attacking, but they all say it's a silvery something. Most of the time the attacks are too fast to get a decent look at it, they say. After killing anyone fighting, the thing drags the goods or carriage by itself, leaving the non fighters behind."

"Well, we'll do our best to make sure you and your cargo make it safely to Kippo," Bastian assured the driver. He pointed to Irvine, "It'll take quite a beast to get through this guy!"
He looked to Tsuki, asking her if she or Blackfang could notice anything odd in the trees, despite the rain, and stared out the side of the cart, intently scanning the trees for signs of trouble.

<roll perception 17>

Irvine doesn't see it, but Bastion and Tauki both notice a black blur moving among the trees. When it leaps at the caravan with a glint of silver under a black cloak, they aren't surprised.

Roll Initiative. Irvine joins combat next round.
Tsuki rolled: 12 total
??? Rolled: 10 total

(What's your Dex?)

Tsuki moves and touches the thing with a glowing black hand, and the piece touched can be seen twisting and warping, but the figure doesn't respond.

Cause Serious Wounds: 15 damage.

<Dex is 12 - let me know if I should add in a character sheet or something - I've never done play by post like this before>

Bastian tries to grasp at the cloak - trying to get a better look at what's attacking them.

<If I wanted to do a knowledge check, which one would I be using here?>

(I think I mentioned, but no need for a character sheet posted here, as long as you know what your character's stuff is. I don't have to see it, unless it's homebrew classes. That means classes you created. Knowledge Arcana works here.)

Bastion grabs the cloak and yanks it off, revealing... a silvery figure of a woman. The figure ignores the removed cloak, and punches at Tsuki, but misses as Tsuki ducks.

<Cool. Let me know if I miss/forget something>

Bastian tries to grapple the woman and hold her down. He calls out to Irvine, "Whenever you're ready, I've got all day!"

The figure matches Bastion's grab, and slightly overpowers it, breaking free, only to get smacked by Tsuki's staff, and smashed out of the carriage by Irvine's sword, which is now glowing. "A fight." He says with a slight relish. It swings at Irvine now, and connects, brutally uppercutting him.

Total damage to ???: 23
Total to Irvine: 28 (crits hurt.)

Bastian cries out, "Irvine!" Calm down, he can take it. Look at the size of that guy. Shaking off his doubt, he pulls a dagger from his cloak and leaps from the carriage down towards the figure, stabbing at it.

<14 + 9 attack bonus = 23 + 1 for higher ground>

<3 + 4 = 7>

Bastian felt the solidity of the knife point driving into the figure, Gotcha!k, though it didn't seem to react very much. He murmured aloud, "What the hell is this thing?!", hoping Tsuki might have some knowledge of the strange being.

The figure ignores the knife wound sunk into it as it has ignored all other blows, instead getting up and launching a brutal kick at Bastion.

Attack Roll: 26
Damage Roll: 17

Tsuki responds by touching Bastion with a glowing white hand. Irvine ignores the massive bruising and swelling from the uppercut and just gives a dark grin. "Excellent. A _challenge_." He says with a dark joy as he swings his sword sideways, the blade dripping with sudden acid. It collides with the figure in and cuts a deep groove into it, the acid hissing at contact.

Bastion gains 13 HP
??? Total Damage Taken: 48

Bastian pockets his dagger and pulls out a trusty hand axe. He raises it above his head and slams down at the creature with mighty force

Attack roll 19
Damage roll 10

The figure continues to ignore the blows given to it. The figure strikes at Irvine again with a knife hand to his chest, but Irvine laughs and dodges it. Tsuki calls out, "It's a construct!" as she slams her staff into it. Irvine swings his blade in a cross slash from his left hip to right shoulder, the greatsword glowing and hissing with acid again. The constrict blocks the staff, but the sword slices into it, finally causing the thing to fall in an unmoving heap to the ground.

Total ??? Attack: 9
Total Tsuki Attack: 12
Total Irvine Attack: 18
Total Irvine Damage: 25
Total Damage to ???: 83

Bastian knelt down beside the still creature, massaging the spot where it had kicked him. "Tricky bastard," he spat. "A construct, you say? So there may be another? Tsuki, do you know of any way to find out what created this beast?" He turned to Irvine, "Nice job, by the way."

While listening for a reply from his companions, he began looking over the fallen construct, trying to learn more about it or its origins.

<What is that, Search? If so, he rolls a 14>

(Spot or Search, either way, as long as your Wisdom modifier (which is wisdom score -10, that result divided by two, round down.) is +1 or greater, the below applies.)

Bastion, while looking over the heap of silvery metal over, finds a small number etched into the spot, on a human, where the neck reached the back. '111'

Tsuki stares a moment, then nods. "I can speak with animals, and see if they've got an idea of where the construct came from." Irvine just grunts, but nods. "Thanks. Not too bad yourself. But why the small blades?" The caravan driver stares at the figure for a moment, then says, "If ya'll don't mind, I'll go on ahead while your investigating this."

Bastian pointed out the number on the thing's back to Tsuki and Irvine as he called back to the driver, "No, you go on ahead. You should be safe for now - but stay cautious. Be well!"

Bastian smiled and looked at Irvine and his greatsword, "I tend to like travelling light, and my martial training came from an old assassin who loved to fight with knives, but, seeing the moves you pulled with that thing - and how exactly did you do that? - I might consider trading up soon." The sun came out from behind the clouds and the rain quickly began letting up.

111...have I seen that before?
<19+2 knowledge local/history>
He searched his memory while Tsuki scampered off to the trees.

Bastion cannot recall anything in connection to the silvery figure.

"I'm able to tap into the power of my mind. Psychic energy. I use that it help me fight better." Irvine replies. (Irvine is a psychic warrior. Deep Crystal allows him to channel psychic energy into his weapon for more damage, and he has a power that lets him and acid damage.)

Tsuki takes about two hours before she runs out of the woods excitedly.

(You haven't defined what your class is. So, As long as it allows to what you've shown so far, you can be whatever, if you want to change. So far, Fighter, Rogue, and Ranger are my guesses. With rogues, they can do similar damage, just need enchanted weapon and flanking for sneak attack. That said, my attack characters tend to deal a lot of consistent damage. I'm a little bit of a power gamer.)

"I can see it comes in handy - that really was impressive." He takes a seat under a tree alongside Irvine and listens to the sounds of the road and the wood until Tsuki comes bounding out of the woods. "What did you find, Tsuki?"

<I rolled him as a fighter - I've never played one before, but I'm imagining he's a bit more rogue-ish as a character. I'd consider re-rolling as a rogue, but I figure I'll need the extra padding of a fighter since your guys hit so hard, so I'll keep him as is.>

"Well, there was this fox that smelt that 'shiny person' going north several times. Then this raven hiding in a tree, he told me he'd followed the 'shiny person', hoping that such a shiny would know or find more shinys, sooo, he can leads us there! Right Mister Raven?" She says, opening her cloak to reveal a raven in riding in a small sack, hanging from her hip. The raven caws at her, and then nods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom