Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Parasite Eve Roleplay Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volke thought it over. It wasn't a bad Idea. In fact, it sounded great.
"Wait," she said, realizing her voice, while carrying the same pitches of a High Tenor or a Low Alto, had a certain.. feminine quality.
So she stood and walked around the fire. From somewhere on the other side of the fire, she pulled out a rifle. No, not a rifle. A Rifle. She walked back over and stood in front of him. With an cold and hard look in her now red eyes, she spoke one word.

"Lead."

Xavier nodded, not completely sure his idea was a good one. The man, well, person he just asked to help him had almost killed him once, back on his first mission as an FBI agent. It had been nearly 6 years, and the person hadn't killed him then though, so he'd live with it. Plus, his gut told him it was the right thing, and he'd lived through enough to trust it.
"Alright, we're looking for at least a slime trail, or tracks that are of unusual size or shape." Xavier told the now young woman behind him as he began looking. "But seeing another NMC, for that's what they're called, would be even better." (Roll preferred senses checks. Spot 29, Listen 4 for Xavier.)

Both see eyes staring out of the closest trash heap, and Volke hears the sound of faint breathing. Xavier taps one leg of his glasses, then an earpiece with his left hand, while keeping a hand near his gun.
"Alice, you got anything for me? Quickly, please."

Volke raises his- whoops, that'll take some getting used to. She raises her rifle, ready to fire if it's an NMC... whatever that really was. It was clear this person wanted that information kept secret to her, just as it was clear that he was part of a secret military service. To her, such things were always obvious. You can't kill the best assassins in the world without knowing. Even if you didn't really know how you knew. Gut feelings obtained from a lifetime of Training, Killing and Warring are really weird.

(Backstory Mission)
"It's likely either a slug NMC or-"
Alice was interrupted by a blob of acid being spewed in their direction as the NMC lunged from hiding and attacked, a cavernous mouth releasing said acid. Xavier dived out of the way and drew his Falcon, taking aim and firing. (DC 14 Reflex for half damage, Xavier rolled a 15 for save, Xavier hit for 11 damage)

(rolled a 14 for save. How much damage is that?) Volke dodged most of the acid glob, but still took some damage. She then took aim... and fired. (Move action to aim down the scope with Dragunov =+2 attack. Rolled a natural 20. 32 damage)

Volke gets hit with splash for 12 damage as she dodges the bulk of it. The NMC is not happy with either of the holes in it, and gives a gurgling roar from it's shot open throat, and retaliates with a massive backhand, which Xavier rolls with, and lands feet first a few feet further back. As it does so, heaps of trash fall off in, revealing a Huge, former humanoid. However, it's mouth is disproportionately large, and it's constantly leaking a fluid all over it's skin.
(Rolled an 18, NMC just missed Xavier)
Xavier takes aim and fires again. (Xavier hits NMC for 9)
"I missed that last bit Alice, and I'm sure it's not a slug."

Volke realizes that her body is oddly tired. Probably from being forcibly transformed into a girl. The energy to do it had to come from somewhere... but that'd have to wait for later. She took aim to counter her tiredness, but when she fired... she realized the training in her mind didn't connect with her body. The muscle memory, the training, and all the proficiency that came with it was gone! Still... there was a.. thing to kill. (Rolled a natural 1. WTF)

The NMC spews another blob of acid at the two, which Xavier avoids again. After which, he took aim and fired. (DC 14 Reflex save, Xavier rolled a 21 save, Xavier missed the NMC.)
"It's likely an adaptable NMC, one of those that absorbs instead of digesting what it eats."
"Shit."

Volke holsters her rifle on her back and pulls out a weapon that she knows she can still use. The Hades, also known as the Most Powerful Handgun in the Underworld. (made Reflex)

Volke dodges the bulk of the acid again, but the splash does 14 damage. The NMC lunges forward, and attacks Xavier again with it's fist. Once more Xavier rolls with it, landing another few feet away. Xavier aims and fires once more. The NMC roars in pain as it's shot in the face. Slime begins to cover it's injuries.
(NMC barely missed Xavier. Xavier natural 20's it for 24.)
"Would incendiaries work better on this?" Xavier asks Alice.

The NMC roars with pain, and again swings at Xavier, but stumbles over itself and falls flat. Xavier fires again.
(NMC rolled a 1, Xavier hit for 6)
"No, that'd make it worse."
"Great."

Volke stays flanking and fires with the Hades, noting to herself that she really wants to... hit? Punch? Kick? Slice? There we go... she wants to cut that stupid thing to pieces... which is odd, since she's never been inclined towards blades before. (Attack 24 Edit: 26, with flanking, Damage 16)

The NMC gets up and swings again at Xavier, only to stumble once more. Xavier completes the flanking movement and fires, wanting to keep an eye on Volke in case the NMC does something. Which it does. The slime on it's wounds begins to congeal.
(NMC rolls a 1, Xavier hits with sneak attack 21, NMC heals 12 HP)
"Please tell me it's not-"
"It is, X."

The NMC roars in pain, and begins to pump out even more slime, and uses that to slide south, into the woods at 120 ft a round. The occasional sound of a tree falling can be heard.
"Oh come on. It spews acid, heals, and runs ridiculously fast away?"
"On the bright side, it'll head to it's lair, and I sent Allen and Allison on the way. They'll be there in less than 2 hours."
"Thanks."
Xavier presses his earpiece, and turns to Volke.
"Thanks for helping me. If you want, I've got some... interesting first-aid, that will take care of the acid splash, if you want. I've some teammates coming with heavier gear."

Volke stares at him. It is slightly unnerving.
She thinks about it. He didn't seem to mind that she had just been a he, nor did he apparently mind that she almost killed him in the past. Not to mention that he wanted to put down a crazy slime monster thing. Ugh...
She turned her sunset red eyes to him, having not really been looking at him before. "As long as you keep quiet about my gendershift. I'll fix that myself." Because she simply couldn't let someone else try to fix her personal problems before she did herself. It was just outside of her nature.

Xavier nods. "Alright, follow me." Xavier leads Volke to his black sedan, parked outside a motel. Xavier pops the trunk, and reaches into a red bag with a white cross.
"Here. These are something a scientist I know came up with. Specialized blood pills that regenerate damage done to the human body. Having Neo-Mitochondria will enhance the effect."
(Blood pills heal 1d8 HP, and came in a set of 12. Having Neo-Mitochondria makes it 1d12)

Volke watches him fish around for the pills. From the snippets of conversation she'd had and heard from him......
She decides now is a good time for questions. "First, thank you. Second, NMC means Neo-Mitochondrion Creature. Three, Neo-Mitochondria. Explain and Elaborate. Knowledge is power. We need power." Cause if they didn't have power and they fought that thing again? They were boned.

Xavier nods, not surprised from what little he'd found out about Volke after their first meeting.
"Neo-Mitochondria are mitochondria that were forcibly evolved by a man named Hans Klamp. They can and often do force evolution upon the beings they're in, which is practically every complex organism. They spread from New York Blockade incident. Sometimes the mutations are benign, or at least harmless. More often though, it means a degradation of mental abilities, or even total personality changes. Most common is the desire to eat is heightened, due to a higher metabolism."

Volke mutters something under her breath that sounds suspiciously like, "Shit. Knew I should've killed him."
She then takes five of the pills, returning to full strength. Truthfully, taking them felt... amazing. It was a huge rush, and if she hadn't been trained to kill her emotions she'd likely be a little aroused. Instead, she nods to Xavier to indicate she understood.
"I have them."
She wasn't asking, or looking for confirmation. Just.. facts.

"ETA?" she asked, referencing to his allies.

"Under 2 hours. So a little bit. And I've always been a little curious since our last... meeting. I don't expect to do well, but care to spar?"
When Allen and Allison drive up to Xavier's black sedan, they find Volke and Xavier fighting in the grass, Volke winning handily.

This didn't mean she was happy with her performance, however. She was seriously rusty. What had happened to that nigh invincible, utterly untouchable assassin that had wiped out two of the most powerful underground organizations in the world in a single night? Her movements were off, and not because she was a woman now. In fact, if she were to hazard a guess she'd say she was better in melee combat than before! Her body simply... listened better... but it felt like there was something missing... something sharp and pointy that was supposed to be in her hands...
So she took her frustration out on poor Xavier (After sharing names).
"Your pivot is slow!"
"You aren't carrying through with your punches!"
"Your balance is off again!"
"Moron, keep your guard up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom