Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Temple of the Great Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I-I don't know the way... and if anything happened I wouldn't be able to protect Mr Zato, because I'm only small..."

she looks up at the large warrior with tears in her eyes,

"Don't leave us, please, just stay and help Mr Zato..."

she's obviously very worried at this point.

Seeing his chance, Al moves forward to deal the finishing blow. But the gas leaking from the sheds has gotten thick. It puts his mind uneasily to the sake he had just drank. In his weakened state it does nothing good for his form. With a rather uncertain leg, he lashes out in a fierce kick. "Begone from this plane, foul thing!" Unfortunately his blow is awkward. The beast is merely maimed and still quite ferocious.

"No, Mary." Zato replied firmly.
"I'm old, but I've still got a few years left. Sir, I would be eternally greatful if you protected this girl while I assist my brothers."

Brother Nerrik picks the squirrel up over his head and throws it onto the ground before body slamming it.

"Someone count him out! You, scythe boy, I need a bell ringing sound. Tap it against the wall will you?"

Father Seamus sees two men fighting a giant DEMON SQUIRREL and contemplates helping but comes to the conclusion that they have it under control after all he would be of little help. But he does give some advice "Punch in its teeth, then grab it by the ears with your hand and its shoulders with you legs then twist. That should teach it good.

Jacob arrives at the front gate of the monastery, taking note on the excellently tended flowers and the pleasing aesthetics of the gardens. His latest master had spoken of a group of monks possessing great powers within their walls, and he had hoped they would be able to help his search for the "Mary".

Yes, he tought, I believe this place would make great home for me. He smiles as he massages away the hollow ache in his chest that he always gets when he has no master. I do hope that the monks would take kindly to a wandering servant. I have gone too long without assisting those that truly need it.

As he knocked on the doors, he hears a scream coming from the inner temple.

"My, my, it seems that I have arrived at an inappropriate time." He begins to pound on the door. He retrieves a rope from his holding pocket and ties a bent fork on the end. He readies himself and throws the impromptu hook over the walls

Had he tried to focus solely on the blind brewer, trying to avoid the girl's gaze entirely, he was now forced to behold her small frame as she stared up at him with her pleading eyes, grabbing his hand. And again, where he should have seen just someone who was in need of his protection, no, rather someone whose need for help was all that should justify his existence, he still could not help but see more something akin to an object.

The hand the girl had grabbed trembled.

Yet, his voice utterly without emotion, he spoke "Very well- girl-" he forced himself to say "You know the layout better, I am lost myself, but no- " he paused, then resumed, the hand the girl still had grabbed in desperation quaking "- no harm shall befall you, as long as you keep near. Tell me the way, and I shall lead you." He felt nothing but self-hate, as if he would straight-up lie.

Why, why was he not capable of feeling fear for this girl's safety, why was he not capable of feeling anger towards any harm that would try to befall her?!

Deciding to humor the wrestling enthusiast, Nikolaos tapped his scythe against the stone wall, creating a ringing noise.

"Thank you so much" Zato said with a short bow, and ran off as fast as he could.
"I'M COMING MY BROTHERS" He shouted as he went off, his cane pattering rapidly along the floor.

The beast thrashes under the weight holding it, the scythe so neatly bisecting it's head popping the hateful orb like an ooze filled ballon, wilting the grass and blackening the blade now covered in it as it corrodes everything it touched after being inert for its fist moments...including Nerrik and Leonard. But the severing of its head seems to work, the creature redoubling its efforts briefly before clearly going into its death throes.

Brother Nerrik stands triumphantly over the squirrel and takes its face off. "You were a fine adversary! But I take this mask from you, since you are no longer alive to wear it! LUCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Jacob climbs the walls and lands in the inner garden of the temple. Readying his cutlery and focusing his mind, he rushes to the source of the screams.

He has lost a master before, and he will not allow it to happen again

Zato entered the room, following the shouts of the others
"HAVE AT YE" he shouted, and pointed his cane in the general direction of the crowd.

Father Seamus turns to Brother Nerrik "Congates son, but if you ever put that on your head me and you will have to have a talk about proper behavior for a monk"

Arngeirr continues on into the temple. He soon finds himself in what appears to be a lobby with a single occupant, a startled man in a habit.

"You there," he said as he strides into the room, "I Heard the sounds of conflict outside. What is happening here?"

Leonard shakily rises from the dessicated Squirrel, and wastes no time hacking up a lunge or two.

"Master Monks, I must ask you to leave immediately." Leonard says respectfully, "This place is filling with toxic gas."

Leonard grabbs Nerriks arm and helps him rise, feeling age and fatigue wear down on him heavily. Though he refuses to admit it to even himself, Leonard wants nothing but to be away from this creature. Every second nearby was another chance he might slip. The pull to return to old ways was too strong for him to resist for long...

Brother Nerrik looks at the leper knight and the scythe guy after holding the squirrels face aloft. His costume covered in squirrel ichor. He allows himself to be lead off and simply says:

"Either of you know a tanning monk?"

"Thank you Mister"
Mary retreats to Morr's side, his fist still held tight in her little hands,

"I think it's straight ahead and then left a way, after that I think it's a right, then we should be there"

she trembles slightly and begins to walk at the large man's side.

As Jacob enters the lobby, he sees a hulk of man talking to one of the inhabitants. As he reaches the 2, he hears the commotion die off.
Breathing a sigh of relief, he pockets the knifes and proceeds to the duo

"EVERYTHING IS SQUIRRELS AND POISON." Valetnia cries, grasping the other man by his lapels. "If you want to leave, run! Quickly, if the wind changes you'll be stuck here." He doubles over, vomiting onto the figures boots. "Guess poor Valetnia will have to clean that up." He says weakly.

Arngeirr quickly seizes the man by the shoulders. "Are you alright man? Are you ill? What do you mean by squirrels and poisons?"

Seeing the smaller of the 2 double up in pain and vomiting, Jacob quickly approached the ailing man

"are you alright, good sir? How may I help you?"

"Let... us go then." answered, again avoiding to look at her directly, however, her hand grabbing his mailed one an ever constant-reminder and never-ending torture, he led her the way she had described, the exhaustion in his aged body now screaming for release, demanding he finally fall over dead, before coming to face a corridor at whose end two heavy doors marked the entrance to a more fortified area, which was the best way he could describe it.

"Is this it?" he asked unsteadily, still not managing to look at her, instead preferring to just keep his view straight ahead.

Father Seamus just sighs and follows after them mutters a quick prayer of purification hopefully it will help with the poison. Seamus thinks back and remembers how often his prayers have been failing him of late, that is why he feels he needs to reaffirm his faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom