Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Temple of the Great Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valetnia slumps down, exhaustion and reaction to the gas causing him to crumble as he falls deep into unconsciousness.

As Jacob helps the man, he notices a thick cloud of fumes coming form the inner sanctums. smelling the foulness of them, he quickly takes his handkerchief and wraps it around the man. "you need fresh air, sir. Allow me to take you outside."

Father Seamus goes to work ministering to those who have grown ill. It seems not to be to bad a little rest and everyone should be right as rain. As he tends to his Brethren he thinks to himself "Have I really grown so old that I don't recognize any of these people then again it has been 50 long years since I last set foot in this Temple. Ya know what, I bet I just don't recognize anyone because they have changed so much and my old age is obscuring the matter.

As Brother Nerrik is being lead away he suddenly starts flailing wildly "By all that is good, lucha, and holy, IT BURNS!!!! THIS ICHOR BURNS! GET IT OFF!"

"Y-Yes I think it is, thank you"

she moves towards the big doors pushing on them as hard as she can, they don't budge...

she pushes again

nothing

"E-Erm could you help me open the doors..."

"normally Brother Zato would do it, but he's not here this time..."

"Help him stranger," Arngeirr says to the man tending the fallen monk, "I shall see if there is anyone else in need of help." With that, the massive man moves further into the temple.

Feeling that his blade began to blacken and corrode, Nikolaos Cursed, "Damnit, Now I have to have another blade forged. This blasted thing really needs to be blessed so that such low class demons' Ichor does not do so much damage."

Al stumbles back into the hall, gasping. He has spent entirely too much time here stumbling. Once more here gathers his wits. "Your temple...seems to...have suffered a...a lapse of security." He gasps. "And I must wonder if it is not safe to keep your ales in such a dangerously compact place." Again, he stops for pained breath.

Father Seamus turns to see Brother Nerrik thrasing in pain, he pulls out a artifact he found in his long journey, a decanter of endless water and tries to wash away the ichor

Leonard helps Master Nerrik to a seat, before stumbling over to Master Valenti, who had fallen unconcious at the feet of a new-comer. After a few moments, Leonard nods.

"He'll be all ri-" He begins, but is stopped as he hacks violently, new dots of yellow and red speckling his headwrap ".. He's fine. Just not enough air getting to the brain, I think."

Rising, Leonard turns to the grunting Nerrik, the demonic ichor causing smoke to rise. Wiping some of it off, he looked around before making an open-handed gesture at the much larger new-comer.

"Rip off some shirt." Leonard demands, before making a 'Hurry Up' gesture, "Now would be nice!"

With the sound of ripping cloth, Leonard gets his makeshift towel and begins to clean up the Luchador Monk.

"As much as I appreciated the assistence, Master Monk, you should have left there immediately." Leonard looks up at the masked man, before a smile on his diseased voice adds "Though I must admit, you were handy to have around."

With a wink, Leonard finishes his basic medical, before patting the Monk on the back.

"I am Sir Leonard, as close as we get to a veteran among the Guardians here. It's my job to ensure your safety, so I should ask you allow me to die first before charging in." A small coughing fit later, he adds, "Not that I expect you to listen, I just need to make sure I say that, soas Master Zato doesn't get on my hide for being impolite."

Of course, great sir.

Pulling out his canteen of herbal tea and a small wooden cup, he quickly pours a cupful and brings it to the ailing mans lips.

"Drink it, my good man. It will make you feel better. Do forgive the lukewarm temperature, but necessity demands that I skip warming the tea."

His relief from her letting go of his hand is immediately removed as soon as she stares at him with those pleading eyes again. Tearing his own off her, he immediately begins to first slightly push his hand against the door, testing the hold, before ramming his entire massive armored frame against it, resulting in the door opening inwards under his weight, making him fall face-first onto the stone-floor, his arms, quickly brought up to steady him in an inborn reflex, giving in under the pure weight of his mammoth size combined with his armor.

It was painful, but in a way, that pain bore some release, he realized. At least he did not have to look into her eyes, those damn pleading eyes that made him hate himself so much again!

Realizing, however, that his life, and thus his purpose, still stood, he slowly attempted to rise again, a titanic effort with his size that his exhaustion could barely hope to manage.

Arngeirr turns a corner to see a heavily armored knight standing beside a young girl. A heavy door is set before them; the girl attempts to push it open, but fails. The knight, to his credit, puts all his force behind a mighty blow that opens the doors wide, but immediately collapses.

"You there," he says to announce himself before approaching, "Young miss and brave sir, my name is Arngeirr. It seems something vile has befallen this temple. Are you in need of assistance?"

Father Seamus wonders why its not working when another Brother comes and helps the poor lad. But people continue to ignore him and he wonders why.

(Unbeknownst to Father Seamus he died a long time ago and is know just a shade of his former self, a ghost destined to walk the land trying to atone for his sins of excessive violence)

Nerrik feels the cooling water wash the demonic ichor away. "You would not believe, how good that feels."

He turns to Leonard "I could never leave someone to die such a grisly death as to be demonic squirrel food. It is not the Lucha way. We fight together."

He then thinks a little "If you ever need to tag out, tag me in."

"Yes Mister, can you help get the other Mister up please"

she grabs the large mans hand and pulls him over to the fallen Knight

"You take that side" she points to one of his hands

"I'll pull this side", she grabs one of Morr's hands and pulls to no avail.

But then Brother Nerrik notices him and the water starts working and Father Seamus forgets his wonders of being ignored he rationalzies it away as him just geting old and going crazy. He says "Think nothing of it Lad" to the Luca Brother

The Guard who shot the squirrel, a gangly fellow as narrow in his brigandine as his compound bow, rushes up to Leonard as he stands. "My lord, Sir Leonard, sir, I think you should come with me. I was with Brother Thomas when that...thing attacked, though I managed to chase the thing out here before it did him any real damage. I'm...I'm sorry sir but I panicked and left him there rather than let the thing run free."

Arngeirr follows the young girl and tuts at her attempt to lift the man in plate. "Stand aside," he says and hooks his hands beneath the knight's arms. He lifts the man up and sets him on his feet, his thick muscles pulled taught, and holds him in place to steady him.

"A valiant effort," he says, "And not in vain. Who might you two be, brave sir?"

Nerrick accepts the bottle "I'll have a drink, but my spirits are high enough." but then puts it down as he remembers, then gestures to the squirrel face/mask. "Would you happen to know of a tanner?"

"Hmmm..." Zato pondered
"I'm sure there's one at the monastery, we're practically self sufficient, much like a colony of bees"

"I'm Mary, I live here, and this is... uhh...erm..."

she looks at the knight, and back to Arngeirr

"I'm not sure who he is Mister Arngeirr... but he's protecting me"

she smiles at them both but then suddenly remembers why she's here

"What's happening, where are the others?"

Being brought to his feet, back in control, and again just that voice in the back of his mind that demanded he again fall over and this time not rise again, again reminded of the girl's eyes, he was glad to push it all away in favor of focusing on the situation and the man that spoke to him

"I... thank you, for your help. Her- " He forced his gaze to remain on the other man's face "I do not know her name, but, she is my charge. Please, tell me of the situation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom