Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Temple of the Great Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korsarro stomps his tiny duck-boots up the long muddy track to the Temple, far too cynical from making such a long journey with such a small body to take in the awe of the sight before him. He spits to his side and adjusts his duck-sash, his ears propping up as the sound of the alarm reaches him "Damned fools have stirred up trouble again it seems." He quickens his pace slightly, but finds that his tiny boots cannot gain the proper grip and slips, landing face first in the mud. He balls his hands into fists and picks himself up, looking down at the terrible mess of his body and grumbling as he trudges once more.

"Please to meet you, little Marry," the large man says cordially. He turns his attention back to the plated knight and says, "May I ask your name, good sir? It would be rude of me not to call you by name."

Nerrik then jumps up at the mention of a tanner in the monastery. "Direct me to him please, before my squirrel face sustains any damage."

Just realizing that the supposedly unlearned manners he had expressed at his arrival had been unlearned by the girl's mere presence, he gave the man a courtly nod of his head, "I am Morr, a knight who came here to... to learn. May I ask, what is your name, sir? Or perhaps, I did not hear it over my predicament?"

Leonard is up in a flash, his hand going for the spare knife on his belt.

"Let's waste no time; Come on." Leonard moves off, calling over his shoulder, "Masters Nerrik, Zato, please remain here until I have secured the temple."

With a hurried gate, Leonard passes by the still-gassed shed, and picks up his fallen sword, keeping his eyes off the slowly-melting demon carcas. He could feel the creatures claws still digging into his soul, trying to yank him free. For a brief moment, just a small one, Leonard was about to let go. Let himself get pulled into a tempestous whirlwind of mindless debauchery and viole-

"Sir?"

Leonard snaps back up, and practically sprints for the location of Master Thomas.

"I want a general readiness sounded. I want all Master Monk's to be made aware, and I want a team to sweep for any remaining demons." Leonards orders are carried out as he rounds the corner, leaving him alone with the bow-man. "Which direction did the thing come from, did you catch it?"

Deep down, Leonard hoped it wasn't from the inner sanctum. Anything but that. If it had come from there, there was only one explination, one that would require a lot more of the leper than he could give readily.

"All is well, Sir Morr, my name is Arngeirr. I have come to this monastery hoping to find something important to my family. But there will be time for that later. Is there danger about? Are there people in need in aid here? More importantly, are you and young Mary alright?"

"Uh . .Excuse me sir? 'Kill the ducks'? "

Puzzled by this request and knowing that the man has stabilized, Jacob stands and enters the building looking for the one in command

Nerrik gets up and goes to look for this tannery "I thank you Brother... I apologize, I do not seem to know your name."

Korsarro pushes his way through the heavy doors of the Temple and makes his way to the lobb, his face the very picture of fury. Still wiping the mud from himself he scans the lobby, it's familiar sight quelling some of his rage... until he spots the puke. "What in the name of Beessiah happened to this place? I leave for nary a week and the alarms are rining there's puke in the halls and-" Korsarro sniffs and turns to the two men in front of him, his rage had been thrown out into the winds to this point "VALETNI! WHAT DID YOU DO! Only your concoctions could cause such terrible odours."

"Oh, you're a newcomer! My apologies, I cannot see. My name is Zato. And you are?" Zato cheered up at the sound of this man's voice. So polite, unlike the young man in the lobby.

The bowman runs at pace with Leonard, just ahead of him. "Brother Thomas had had something taken up from the Reliquary to a study-chamber m'lord, and I was there as his guard. I don't know what it is myself, he had it covered with a cloth and I only saw him and the 'squirrel' when I was in there."

Quickly, the rapid pace brings the pair to a stout iron door hanging wide open. Inside is a collapsed Monk in a trim habit with an open notebook, an arrow stuck in the floor near him. The only other object in the room is a tall mirror made of a silvery material ringed by twisted, dark metal, though right now the mirror is angled to reflect only wall. A single gem crests the top of it, a bloodred eye.

"We- she is alright, it is this that matters." it must matter, he stubbornly told himself, it must matter "We are in no need of aid, thank you for the offer nonetheless, but perhaps you would prefer to- to take care of... her, for now, while I go help the others?" His pained bones ached for rest, his body did not want anything else but just sleep, but he did not fear his body so much as that voice in his head that called out at him, how she was nothing but an object, how nothing she could be would be of value.

That she could never be something that mattered.

He had to get away from her, that voice became louder and louder!

"Good to meet you Zato, I am Nerrik." Nerrik shakes the blind monks hand "I just transferred here, and it seems like a wonderful place to test my lucha. Did you have any business with the tanner as well, I can help you over there if you need it."

Greetings, Mister Zato, I am Jacob Laplace, at your service.

I am here on personal business, but it seems that there are other things that needs to be done.
On that not, someone asked that I give him some duck carcasses. Do you know where can I find some ducks?

Arngeirr eyes the man. The tremor in his words spoke of something other than exhaustion; but it was not Angeirr's place to pry. Not was it his place to suspect this knight, who had bravely defended this young girl in his weakened state.

"I shall do this for you, Sir Morr. It would be an honor."

"We need to go find the others, and see if Miss Quack and her babies are ok..."

she looks around her for a moment and then suddenly realizes what was missing all this time

"oh no, I left them in the kitchen..."

her face a picture of worry she turns to the two large men

"We need to go back for them, and make sure they're safe!"

"No, no. If my brothers here can handle the situation, I should actually go back and find Mary. In my haste to get here, I left her with another man. She should be in the inner sanctum though......" Zato rambled.
"Do you require my assistance in here?" He asked the other monks.

Al, recovered enough to be comfortable in his movements, decides to look about for his original quarry. "Where is the one called Wolfram? I was told to present myself to him. And I have something to ask of him." His eyes follow Leonard as he sprints off.

Nerrik watches the blind monk deftly move about and, having nothing else to do, goes in search of the tannery.

He catches up to a trim looking butler on the way. As a means of small talk he asks "Why are you looking for ducks?"

Miss Quack? Ducklings? This was surely a silly matter best left to a janitor or a butler. But as Arngeirr looked into Mary's worried little face, he felt compelled to render aid to the young girl.

"Of course, young Mary," he said. "Brave Morr, tend to your brethren. I shall lead Mary back to Miss Quck and the ducklings. Fear not!" And with that, he head off down the hallway, ready for Mary to lead the way.

Shadeslayer said:
"No, no. If my brothers here can handle the situation, I should actually go back and find Mary. In my haste to get here, I left her with another man. She should be in the inner sanctum though......" Zato rambled.
"Do you require my assistance in here?" He asked the other monks.

"Mary"

Shock coursed through Jacob's body,
Could it be?
Have I found her?
Is the Little One here?

This and other thoughts coursed through the butlers mind as the small pewter bell he carries slowly began a steady ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom