Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Temple of the Great Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearing his throat to notify that he was there, Nikolaos then said "I was sent her for my transfer to be processed correctly."

Mary runs into the kitchen barreling over a box of vegetables left on the floor, collapsing in a pile of courgettes, dust and ducks she begins to giggle, the scrapes on her knees and elbows go unnoticed as she begins cheeping at the ducks around her and pulls herself up from the ground.

"Let's get you some bread Miss Quack" she says to the mother who quacks loudly in response.

Mary begins clambering on top of the kitchen counters spreading mud, dust and feathers as she grabs a bag of bread from one of the cupboards.

She turns around and begins to scatter bread across the floor, giggling and talking to the ducks as they speedily and happily snap up the bits of bread she drops.

With a smile, Leonard simply shrugged.

"It's well known in this area," he replies, pausing for a few painful coughs, "Potent stuff. I thankfully have my poor health as.." There is a brief fit, before Leonard continues ".. Poor health as an excuse. I am Leonard, one of the oldest Guardians here. You're new, yes? Go ahead and see-"

Leonard is cut off as a scream of rage pierces through the Monastary. Immediately, his sword is in his bandage-covered hand, as he sprints towards the sound, trampling numerous flowers in the process. His heavy foot-falls thunder through the open area as the other guard tries to keep pace. Despite the youths better strength and lack of debilitating diseases, Leonards experience with movement in such heavy armor give him enough of an edge to keep pace.

Rather quickly, he finds Master Valetni being assailed by none other than a massive, red-eyed Squirrel.

"All Guardsmen!" Leonard's heavy breathing forces his phlegm to flow out of his lungs like a petrid spray, staining his headwrap, "Follow me to glory!"

Leonard moves forwards, shield at the ready, as the alarm rings out across the Temple.

Something has happened, and the Reliquary is compromised.

Zato heard the alarm sound and said simply, "Oh dear"
He grabbed a bottle from the trolley and hurried forward, cane tapping int front of him. He took a left turn and entered the kitchen.
"Mary!" he called. "Are you in here?"

"Mr Zato..what was that noise?"

Mary is huddled under a table, surrounded by ducks, she is obviously scared and quickly rushes to grab the elderly monks hand.

the ducks remain under the table.

Brother Nerrik hears the screams, quickly takes his leave from Brother Wolfram, and quickly makes his way to the source.

When he arrives he sees what looks to be a demonic squirrel harassing the groundskeeper from before. He quickly reverts his robes to a cape and shouts to the fell squirrel, "I EL HERMANO NERRIK, SHALL BE YOUR OPPONENT! LEAVE THE GROUNDS KEEPER BE!"

Hearing the alarm, Morr's trained senses immediately compell him to set a hand onto the shaft of his sword, looking into the direction from which he perceived it. Turning back to brother Vernasus he said "I suggest we move to the source of this, help might be needed." He stated, his tone precise but otherwise impassive.

"The alarm!" Zato stated, tugging her down a hallway, feeling with his cane.
"I'll get you to safety!"

Al follows after Leonard. He is going a bit slowly due to his weakness, but the older man's attitude had inspired him. Also, as his headache fades, he notices an undercurrent of tension not connected to his chemical misadventure. He stumbles into the outdoor area just as the alarms ring out. He sees the corrupted vermin. "Free roaming taint!" The snarl of rage brings him farther out of his stupor. He assumes a fighting stance. Still a bit wobbly, he moves forward all the same.

"But what about the others?"
Mary inquires, grabbing onto Zato's robes as she hurries to keep up, her bare feet pitter-pattering down the hallway in time with the tapping of Zato's cane.

With a sigh, Wolfram bows towards his fellow Monk as he leaves before turning to the masked warrior and -blind? Yes, blind- young man. "If you are serious about training, you might see Sir Leonard, one of our heads of the guard. At this point in the day he's probably coughing his way through the gardens."

Calmly taking the proffered papers, Wolfram quickly scans them. "Hmm... I see. It is always a pleasure to greet a disciple of one of our sister temples seeking knowledge. May I ask what particlars you studied before coming here? Your papers failed to say."

The squirrel barrels past the hammer, slamming past Valenti into the shed and smashing the bottles therein. The fluids cause it to sizzle and steam slightly, its fur turning black at the tips, but if anything it is merely made more enraged. The arrow that follows into its side -Valenti having ducked out of the way- does much the same. But at the sound of alarms and thunderous footsteps it's burning gaze locks on the armored man dashing towards it with a heavy growl, leaping forwards to charge heedlessly at him.

"Oh, they know how to take care of themselves!" Zato said, the tinge of panic in his voice.
He stopped.
"Mary, which turn to the inner sanctum?" he asked, facing the wall.
"I've forgotten where I am"

"Ermm I-I think it's right Brother Zato..."
Mary scrunches a handful of her monks robe-dress in her little hands nervously twiddling at it hoping she chose the right way...

"Mein Poisons!" Valetni exclaims, coughing slightly as the vapors fill the air. They mix together, pooling on the ground, and by chance happen to form Prussic Acid. "Ve must get out of here!" He stumbles from the shack, blindly pushing his way past any obstacles in a desperate bid for fresh air, doing all he can to avoid breathing until he is clear.

As Father Seamus crosses the bridge he hears the Alarms echoing through out the valley. He grins to himself and says "Place has't changed a bit" and he continues hobbling along into the outer courts of the temple. "Need to find out whos in charge these days, hope its not that pigheaded Ernest, he was a fool, how he ever got to such a rank was anyone's guess"

The Squirrel charged for Leonard, its muscles flexing impossibly beneath the thinly-stretched fur and skin. With a hiss, Leonard looked into those foul eyes and felt a familiar presence, like a long-lost brother. The inner demons within Leonard begged to join this creature, and it took all of his willpower to keep from turning and joining this... thing, in its debauchery.

"I'll drag you to hell with me, beast." he hisses, bringing his shield back, sword held low and out, ready to slash upwards as it flew at him in a flurry of teeth and claws. Up came Leonards shield, slamming forwards, as the sword came up. Catching the creature in the gut, blood of a burning crimson splashed the floor as Leonard took a step back, expertly slamming his heel down and leaning forwards, before bringing a knee up from under his shield and punting the squirrel.

Against a mortal, human foe, that would have been the end of that.

Not so.

The Squirrel grabbed ahold of the knee armor with unmatchable agility, and heaved itself up towards Leonards helmet, using the Guardians leg as a slingshot. With a gargled cry of rage, Leonard tumbled back, his sword flying from his grip thanks to his discarded Gauntlet. The Sugar-Loaf helmet skitters across the floor as the shield comes up, catching the squirrel as it rips a portion of the headwrap off.

Pox-ridden flesh festers with a yellowish puss beneath, as leonard rolls to his knees, shield at the ready. The squirrel spins on its back and is already on the offensive, before getting the pointy end of the bottom of the shield. A harrowing hay-maker slams into the demon as Leonard rises. He was just as deadly with his shield as he was with a blade, a fact that was apperant with his he didn't even bother moving for his sword, instead grabbing his shield with both hands, and glaring at this beast, his mummified face betraying no emotions.

"Master Valenti, I must ask you to make for safety immediately! Guardians! Get your asses in he-" He's cut off by the shriek of the beast as it makes to escape, and he dives, grabbing its tail and bringing his shield down on it with a slam. "Guardians, Get the Master Monk's out of here! I got this thing!"

Brother Nerrik jumps onto the demonic squirrels back "FLYING SQUIRREL GRAB!" he yells as he latches on, calling out his move. He then wraps his arms around it's neck "You are an affront to God and Lucha!" he says then yells to the armored man, "Quickly strike him down!"

Forcing his tired legs to move, Morr sought his way to where he assumed the alarm had originated from, always a hand on the heft of his sword, he made his way through the temple, armor clinking loudly all the while.
After a while, he finally had to admit to himself, however: he was lost.

Walking down another corridor, however, he found himself face to face, or rather, breastplate to face, with the blind brewer from earlier and, even smaller than that, the girl leading him.
It was obvious both were afraid, though the girl moreso. And again, even in a stressful situation like this, looking at her, defeating her own fear to lead this blind man to safety when discarding him as a burden would save her time-

He felt nothing but self-loathing. His hands involuntarily balled into fists.

Nonetheless, his voice impassive, he asked "Do you need help?"

"I need to get this girl to the inner sanctum" Zato replied, his age started to show in his voice.
"Then I must find the others and face the intruders *Wheeze*" He continued.

Valetni continues to flee as fast as possible, not bothering with dignity as his habit whips around him and threatens to trip him up.
He doesn't stop his wild escape until he is safe at last inside the monastery, he looks around the seemingly deserted lobby.

Hearing the alarm, Nikolaos' first reaction was to remove his cloak and have his Scythe at the ready. However, Hearing Wolfram ask for Particulars, he simply said "Sacred scripture chants and Guardian work." before running off to the sound of someone screaming, "FLYING SQUIRREL GRAB."

When he got there, all he heard were yells coming from up above, then the creature was not even a yard away as someone pinned it to the ground. Instinctively, he swung his Scythe down, catching the creature in its third red eye, missing the two holding him down by a mere hair.

"Please help me and Mr Zato" Mary echoes after the old Monk has finished addressing the strange man in front of them,

she runs up and grabs his hand,

"can you help me lead Mr Zato?"

her small hands tighten around the big warriors fists.

Arngeirr had reached the Temple of Buzzia at last. As he crossed the bridge to the main gate, he could hear the sounds of fierce battle not far away. Was the temple under attack? He rushed onward towards the temple, ready to render what aid he could to the monks.

"No, no, rather, my brothers and I must pursue it" Zato replied, as he caught his breath.
"That alarm only sounds when something threatens the reliquary".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom