Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Temple of the Great Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the guard's glare as answer, Morr resumed his gait, trudging on the way the rider had taken, he made his way to the towering building which, or so he assumed, to be the temple itself, again his weary muscles protesting with pain under the continued exertion.

Finally, he stepped into what he thought would be called the 'main lobby', spotting several of those whom he presumed were the monks, though one of them was in full armor. Approaching them, he held out his opened hand in an expression of manners even all the mishaps of his life had been incapable of unlearning for him, "Hail," he spoke impassively "I am searching for someone to answer a question, if that someone would have the patience."

Mary grows curiouser and curiouser about the new arrivals and the gathering in the lobby, she slowly makes her way towards the monastery through the grounds skipping along the way.

Zato turned his head in the direction of the newcomer
"Welcome, welcome! Have some sake!" He said cheerily.

Aware of the fact that declining might be seen as unkind, he, hesitantly, accepted the old man's offer, just now realizing the man himself was actually blind by the white layer over his eyes.
Lightly, he lifted up his helmet to allow his mouth entrance to the small cup, taking a short sip, grimacing at the taste. He had never been one for beverages.
"I am sorry, sir, but I think I would be a waste for your alcohol." he said, holding the cup in his open palm, offering for the monk to take it back.

The great oak doors at the back of the lobby slam open as Brother Vernasus strides into the room, clad in simple orange robes with large prayer beads around his neck and the symbol of a honeycomb painted on his forehead.

Newcomers... hmph.
Mind your manners and keep away from my bee's, lest you wish to find yourselves in trouble.

Al is having trouble finding the library. In fact, he is having trouble with a lot of things. He has become increasingly dizzy as he moved on. It is so bad that he has bumped into the wall several times now. With a particularly potent burst of fog in his head, he tumbles to the ground. An upheaval of his midsection leaves a pool of bile on the ground. It is streaked with red. Not a good sign at all. -Perhaps I should not have taken that drink.- This last thought leaves him with his consciousness.

As Mary makes her way to the monastery she notices a line of ducklings following their mother, as they exit the duck pond she quietly steps into line behind them and begins to follow them around the garden, cheeping happily along behind them as they waddle through the well kept grass.

Zato raised his head. He felt as if there was a disturbance, as if a voice cried out in pain, and was then silent.

Then again, he was also pretty buzzed, so he ignored it and kept offering drinks to the travelers.

Do you lazy good for nothings intend to stand around here getting drunk all day?

Brother Vernasus wanders over to the large white stone statue of Buzzia, Goddess of the Hive, which makes its home in the centre of the lobby. He quietly pulls a cloth out from beneath his robes and begins to fervently polish her holy visage.

As always, the squirrels nest somewhere in the library, desecrating the vessels of knowledge to make their foul lair in the rafters above. Or so Valetni assumes, never having seen a squirrel in his life. But he knows, and with this undying conviction, he heads towards the library, squirrel squisher in hand. His trip to the library for purpose of carrying out an extinction event are halted by a large stain all over the carpet, bloody vomit if he was any judge (And he was an expert on the matter of stains and vomit). Also the unconscious figure next to the pool of vomit, responsible for it no doubt, would doubtless get in the way of any cleanup effort until it was removed.

With a sigh, Valetni rolled the figure over onto it's side so that it would not choke upon its own vomit, then set out to find brother Leonard, hopefully still in the infirmary.

Brother Nerrik, having found nobody in the library sits around a while to wait. Getting bored however, he begins doing lucha poses and shadow wrestling against an invisible opponent only he can see.

"You want these treasures, huh?" He asks the empty air "First you will have to defeat me: EL HERMANO NERRIK!"

Brother Nerrik, upon assuming his stage name, then wrestles the air into submission and shouts triumphantly "LUCHA!!!!!"

Turning around to the monk approaching them, he extended his hand in greetings "Hail, I... apologize for my ignorance that a visitor would need to provide a service before he would be allowed to receive a gift of beverage, but would you perchance be the person to ask a question for which the answer to find out I have traveled many miles to reach this place?"

Outside of the temple, a lone figure dressed in a dark cloak neared the great falls. Although tired, thirsty, and famished he persevered and marched onward toward the great monostary. As he walked he couldn't help the thoughts that ran rampant in his head, 'Why am I really doing this? Is it truly to become a monk, or is it to confront the man that abandoned his family so long ago? Whatever the case may be...I'll figure it out...Eventually.'

However, as the thoughts began to leave his mind momentarily, they were replaced with those of wonderment and awe as the temple of the Great Falls came into full view, although unable to see it he could feel the power and elegance the area gave off. As he reached the gargantuan gates, he ruffled through his ropes for his transfer papers and flashed them at the guard who allowed him entry almost immediately.

Entering the large hall he neared what seemed like a reception area, he handed over his transfer documents. Then he walked right past a slightly rambunctious group of people.

Zato pointed his cane outwards, stopping Nikolaos.
"I can't let a guest go in without trying my brew" he smiled.

Taking a deep breath, Morr spoke "I have lived what many would think to be a long life, with mishaps, with happiness, the former I would think to be more numerous than the latter, but I do not wish to waste your time with ramblings of regret.
I am a knight, many would see in me a perpetrator of justice, thus saying such is my purpose and this I would accept. I lost my family and with them all that I could have wanted to be my future, yet still I keep on this purpose, but I have to find I can no longer believe in it.
I have defended the weak wherever I saw them oppressed, yet I can no longer feel righteous fury whenever I protect. I feel nothing, not even the most remote desire to follow my purpose to stand for those who cannot stand for themselves. Apathy is all that is left in me and, although I still followed it, my purpose is untrue with this, and thus so is also the rest of my life.

My question is: How can I regain my belief in my purpose? How can I regain the belief in the worth of my life?"

Hearing the voice he had not heard, he simply turned toward it.
"No, thank you old man, I'm not really in the business of drinking that poison." He said, making a face of slight disgust at the thought of drinking so early in the day.

Brother Vernasus stares at the armour-clad stranger for a moment then makes quiet buzzing noises to himself as he ponders the question put before him.

You must meditate on yourself... reflect on the path you have taken thus far until all becomes clear.

I am brother vernasus, my friend... I ask that you to follow me to our gardens, so that you may spend your time in quiet thought amongst the bees. They will help you find your answer.

Mary bursts through the doors and runs into the lobby, bare feet leaving a muddy trail behind her, a family of ducks in tow, quacking happily to herself as she enters.

"Brother Zato, Brother Zato"
She runs up and tugs on the old monks robes
"Can we get some bread for the ducks, please Brother Zato, they're very hungry and she has babies"
Points to the ducklings

Brother Vernasus pauses for a moment, taking note of the ignorant stranger who stands in his halls with misguided pomposity.

You would do well, not to reject our hospitality.... friend.

"OH, but I insist" Zato pleaded.
"I spent over a month perfecting this brew, it's sweetened with the monastery's own honey!"

Nodding courtly, Morr answered "I would be grateful if you could show me how to meditate amongst the... bees. Lead the way." He gestured to the way out. For some reason, he felt a slight ache in his stomach...

Zato nodded towards Mary.
"Of course dear! You go ahead and get them some food, I have to see to our guests" he motioned to Nikolaos.

Thud, shunk. Thud, shunk. Thud, shunk.

Leonard limps idly from his barracks into the Temple, his back bent despite the massive plate mail adorned with studs and rivets to repair old damage. The thick mist about the bridge did nothing for his cough, as he stopped every few paces to let loose a sick, wet hacking sound as bloody phlegm splattered against the thick head-wrap about his face.

The metal helm rattled against the holy medallions within the cloth wrap, meant to help ward off further disease. Leonard tolerated the pressure against his skull, simply to ensure the Monks kept his own contagious diseases contained.

His glassy eyes picked up two targets as he entered the Great Room. First, a heavily armored titan of a man, wearing heavy armor with a vicious blade. Leonards grip tightened upon his shield and blade as he glared at the scoundrel, deciding to keep a good eye on him.

But that was second to something else he saw.

Not even the black robe could shield this new-comer from the scrutiny of the Guardian. He walked with an air about him, one that was absolutely unfitting. Though, the same could be said about himself, all things considered.

No, it was his response to brother Zato that caused a heavy gauntleted hand to fall upon the younger mans shoulder.

"I would recommend you show a little bit more respect to an elder monk," wheezed a deep, wet voice, slick with mucus, "Or I may have to ask you to leave."

Mary looks upwards at the cloaked figure Zato is talking about.

she tilts her head, smiles and then runs off ducks in tow to get them some bread from the kitchens,

"QUACK QUACK CHEEP"-ing her way out of the room.

...leaving a nice muddy trail through the monastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom