Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden Temple of the Great Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
After defeating his first invisible enemy Brother Nerrik whirls about, his robe becoming a cape. "AHA!" He yells to the empty library. "More come to challenge the great EL HERMANO NERRIK!" He then continues shadow wrestling, as practice makes perfect. He pins his invisible enemy against the ground! "You cannot withstand Him and His luchador!"

I will take you to the garden in but a moment, stranger.

Brother Vernasus watches as the little one runs off into the kitchen, ducks in tow. He quickly follows suit and his face softens into a heartfelt smile as he approaches the child.

Hello Mary, and how are you today little one?

"Ah brother leonard, where could you have wandered off to?" Valetni wonders aloud as he exits the empty infirmary. He stops as a thought strikes him. "Damnit, I was supposed to put out the duck poison today." He fishes out his to do list, and under 'Remove smelly drunk' and 'Remove smelly stain' pencils in 'Poison Ducks, little ducklings.' With a wry chuckle, he starts back up the stairs, towards the rear entranceway near the pond. "Better hope Mary doesn't get attached to them again this year..." He mutters, gripping the sledgehammer in both hands, wary of any squirrels he may happen upon.

Looking up from Brother Vernasus, Morr spotted the girl that left a trail of dirt in her wake, all the while... quacking? heartily. He supposed in the works of the bards his reaction would be deemed 'cliché', but he could not help but be reminded of his own daughter, the one whose growing he had seen so little of while he was out doing what he had perceived as making the world a better place.

An ache, different from the one in his stomach, was what he felt when he looked at that girl, regret, yes, but also a reminder: He did not see someone to protect as his purpose would demand, rather he simply saw...

Flesh. Exchangable flesh that would grow, then wither and die, if not killed much earlier before that, which would spawn more flesh. He so very wanted to curse himself for thinking like this, but alas, he simply felt a weariness that he could not get rid off. Certainly, he would protect this child if she was in danger, but he simply could no longer feel the wish to do so.

In answer to this, Morr could have only said: I hate myself.

Hearing the replies of the older gentlemen and feeling the heavy hand on his shoulder, Nikolaos simply restated, "I am sorry, but I would rather not have any of that poison." before looking to the man whom's hand was still resting upon his shoulder and adding "It's bad for your health." adding a bit of venom in his voice.

Zato kept offering his drink. People almost never refused the monk's brew, it was almost famous amongst travelers.

Zato frowned deeply. No one ever refused his brew. He must have done something wrong, even though he had worked for so long perfecting it. And worse, this new person called it poison! So rare. He hunched away, defeated, and was not quite as enthusiastic when offering it to the other guests.

Brother Vernasus hands mary a small piece of fresh honeycomb.

Be sure not to cause too much trouble, little one.

He quickly walks towards the library, with the stranger following behind him.
I will take you to the gardens soon, my friend... but first I have need of a book.

Mary swings round and waddles up to Brother Vernasus, the duck line follows...
"Hello Brother Vernasus, I'm feeding the ducks, do you want to help me get the bread from the kitchen?"
she smiles sweetly and takes the honeycomb from his hand before he can reply
"oh you've got a visitor, ok then, find me later" she squeeks as she runs off
the ducks form up behind her and toddle after.

Brother Nerrik stands triumphantly in the library over a pile of imaginary foes "EL HERMANO NERRIK has tried you all and found you wanting!"

He kneels down and collects imaginary masks. "For trying to steal these holy relics and besmirching the Lucha Code, you are hereby forbidden from being Luchadors ever again!"

"Certainly, take your time." Morr commented patiently. He just now realized he had subconsciousely looked away when the monk had given the girl some honeycomb.

Brother Vernasus opens the library doors with a long creak. Before him stands a strange man wrestling with himself.

What... WHAT IN THE NAME OF GREAT GODDESS BUZZIA IS GOING ON IN HERE!?!

Startled by the monk's surprised outcry, Morr hurried to his side, a hand on his sword to behold-

A strange masked man hugging... air?

Brother Nerrik lets out a triumphant "LUCHAAAAAAAAA!" then quickly stands up straight as he notices he's not alone anymore.

He hands the Monk his papers. "I'm the new transferee." He says as he puts his robes back to how they should be.

The scowl beneath Leonards head-wrap could melt iron, such was the barely contained anger. He watched as Zato skulked off, insulted.

"Here at this mona-" He is interrupted by his own whooping cough as phlegm splatters the inside of his face wrap, ".. Here, we show more respect to our elders. I'm not here to baby sit you, but you watch your tone and your manner, or I will put-" Again, his own lungs betray him, as the hand leaves the black-robed youngin's shoulder, covering his mouth. For a good few seconds, Leonard seems on the verge of finally kicking the bucket, before it calms down.

"I've got my eye on you, Punk. Start acting grown up," With gruff clearing of his throat, Leonard turns away, headed to the Library, "Or I'll put you where other scum belongs."

Leonard stalked with a crash-clank-shuffle through the monastary, patrolling on his bum knee despite the weight of armor and the pain. He simply embraced it, a small measure of penance for his past misdeeds. His sword clacked at his side rhythmically, only coming to a halt when he noticed something severely out of place.

"GUA-" he began to yell, before his massive cough returned with a fury. Hurrying, he pushed past his own debilitation and knelt next to this person, blood oozing through the face-wrap beneath his heavy Sugar-Loaf helm, "Guards! We have someone injured!"

Pushing the man over onto his face, he hastily unfastened his right gauntlet and put a hand to the neck of the individual. After a few seconds, he noticed the pulse, and sighed in releif, an act which brought a barely-stiffled fit.

"Alright, time to get you up..." Leonard whispered, discarding his gauntlet and grabbing the mans arms as another Guardian plodded nearby, providing aid. "Just get him on his feet, he'll... He'll be fine." A few weak coughs later, and Leonard was giving the man a quick examination, making sure he was alright.

Emerging onto the fields overlooking the pond, Valetni scowls and the quacks of ducks fill the air, and the honk of a goose. Grim faced, he grips the handle of the sledgehammer in both hands, bungling thews wrangling a creaking noise from the wood. With slow, meditative breaths he controls his natural impulse to fly into a rage of mighty justice. This place must be sterilized, but poison was a lot cleaner than a sledgehammer. Though not nearly as satisfying...

With the hint of a smile on his face, Valetni strides back to his shed. "Ah, so here you've been all this time!" he exclaims, finding the bottle of squirrel poison sitting on a shelf right at eye level. "But that means..." He paces over to the other poisons, and notices a glaring absence where his duck poison would have been.

"Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way!" He exclaims brightly, hefting the sledgehammer and heading for the door.

Brother Vernasus stares angrily at the masked man, before grabbing the papers from his hands and scrutinizing them carefully.

"Hmph. Though I may not wish to admit it, this all seems to be in order.
Still... what exactly were you DOING in here?"

He stares at the masked man once more, waiting for an answer. His anger softening to mild annoyance.

Brother Nerrik looks at the Brother Monk questioning him. "Lucha, Brother. I am here to both guard the treasures and instruct other in the art of Lucha wrestling. I have to keep my skills sharp at all times. If you want I could give you some free lessons."

"Yes, what *are* you doing here? The both of you?" Wolfram gives a nod to Brother Vernasus as he rounds a bookshelf, a hefty tome closing in his hands as he puts it on a shelf. His off-arm is thankfully wrapped, but otherwise he does not look too pleased at the...wrestling... in the library.

Directly behind Brother Valenti comes a sharp chittering, followed almost immediately by a harsh cry of 'Look Out!'. Barreling right past towards his head is a ball of fangs and fur. A squirrel, by the general looks of it, but with fangs filed razor sharp and a third eye glowing red in its forehead. Past it a Knight has strung his bow with an arrow, but cannot fire without fear of hitting Valenti.

With an inarticulate cry of rage, Valetni sends the hammer sailing with a massive overhanded throw, before flattening himself to the floor.

Al groggily returns to himself with the strange man's ministrations. With a clearing headshake, he thanks the kind stranger: "It is good that you happened upon me, friend. It appears that I cannot hold my water as well as I thought." Another bout of nausea racks him, causing a pause. "This...'sake'...is quite potent. It has gained my respect, at least. Could I have your name, sir?"

Brother Vernasus smirks at the impetuous young monk stood before him, then gives a curt nod to his brother Wolfram.

"No... the last thing we need is you laying on the floor with a broken arm. My name is Brother Vernasus and if you don't mind I have business to attend to... Speak with brother Wolfram here, if you wish to make yourself useful."

Brother Vernasus strolls towards the nearest bookshelf, eyeing it for but a moment before plucking a book labelled "Journal Of Pollination Ecology" and walking back towards the armoured figure standing in the library.

"Now, stranger... perhaps I can finally take you to our wonderful gardens without anymore absurd interruptions."

He quickly strides off towards the librarys glass doored exit leading directly outside and walks out into the warm air and lush green grass of the gardens.

After simply shrugging the sickly man off, Nikolaos moved toward an empty corner and began waiting for his transfer to process. Although, after a few minutes he was told to find Brother Wolfram in the library. So he hoisted himself up, took off the blindfold, and began to make his way toward the Library, although, on the way, the horrid smell of bile wafted through the halls. Then, the next thing he knew he had bumped into a large man that seemed to have an arm raised for something, possibly an injury of some sort, and speaking to someone inside.

Brother Nerrik looks to Brother Wolfram "What would you have me do? I can start my guard or instructing duties immediately, if you so wish."

Turning to the man called 'Wolfram' Morr answered to his inquiry "I already approached brother Vernasus with what I need, suffice to say I came here to answer a question that decides over my life. Farewell." before following brother Vernasus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom