Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Horizons of the Vast - OOC thread

ShadowPlay

Star
kFgkN4t.jpg

Well this is the Horizons of the Vast OOC thread and it's vastly out of character

50 credits/month

Charter Details​
NameCortexiaSize1Unrest0Event Chance15%
Patron TypeExperimentalMax. Item Level4
PatronZenniledie LabsResource DiceThreshold #1
Initial FocusAestheticsResource PointsSettlement Dice0d41d60d80d100d120d20
Trait Scores
AccordCultureEconomyMagicTechnologyFree Points
Base10101Base2
Charter Patron Bonus00001Patron1
Charter Patron Penalty00-100Spent3
Charter Focus Bonus01000Remaining0
Charter Project Bonus00000
Settlement Project Bonus00000
Total Score11002
Projects
Notes should include Hex Location
Charter ProjectsBenefit 1Benefit 2Benefit 3NotesSettlementsDieStep
NameLocationd62
Completed ProjectsBenefit 1Benefit 2Benefit 3Notes

Last edited:
Psh, that's why Cayden wears a cage around his. Protection from unsuspected chainsaw attacks *sage nod*

Well, from what I'm seeing Starfinder doesn't really have that many...good? feats. At least at lower levels. Like some of the class feats for like extra uses per day or something don't really exist.

As a melee character, your best might be Cleave, Deadly Aim, or Weapon Focus?

Cayden is basically going to most of the time be a tease on the battlefield as well, and Dirty Tricking the crap out of our opponents.

For a melee character, Step-up is extremely good.

As you are relying on heavy armor, Fleet is a good one as well.

Like Evendur said, Cleave and weapon focus are good, I do doubt the quality of Deadly Aim, apart from the fact that it affects both melee and ranged IIRC

I added this little bit in the rules section:

Even if you don't have much to offer in a scene, you are free to post anyway - and it will help progress the story.

I won't progress the story with a GM post until either, every player has posted, or I deem enough time has passed for all to post. So even a single line will show me that I can progress with my GM posts.

I notice there are a few couples on the NPC list- putting a married couple in the colony is just asking for drama to happen :LOL:

Also I notice all the married couples have at least one futa... science has proven it! Futanari really do make better partners! Become a Futa today, Men and Women hate this new trick!

I am planning the artillery laser to be his primary weapon. If you have ever played Xcom2 from the reboot series. I thought he would fight like a ranger.

The artillery laser is a single shot weapon and a very good one at that. But it doesn't gain any benefit from the Bullet rain fighting style - that one requires an automatic weapon. You can of course get an automatic weapon at a later point. But if you want to stay with a heavy laser gun then farshot would be much better, and if you intend to switch between melee and ranged, the hit-and-run will be quite good as well.

Also, if you're planning on being a bullet rain heavy with a big auto gun, what's the point of the solarian side of the character? Is it just flavour?

Second note, is anyone planning on being in Melee but me? I was kind of expecting more of the group to be, but Estelle and Leda don't really strike me as melee characters.

Yeah, I didn't intend for Leda to be in melee, but when we have more disposable money I'll probably grab a melee weapon, since those seem to work well with Operatives.

And I will say, I'm fine if no one plans to be in Melee, I'll just swap my feats for something else since I don't intend to be the only one in melee reach of all the baddies ^_^;

Estelle and Leda don't really strike me as melee characters.
Yeahhhh... Estelle doesn't have the highest con and her strength is only 10, she's mainly concerned about staying in ranged distance so she can effectively shoot you guys up with healing serums and buffs.

I picked solarian originally because I massively misunderstood the class. Then as I worked more on it I found it harder to work into my original intent. I tried out a technomancer, but couldn't quite get the stats the way I liked it, and figured it was stepping on people's toes to keep trying. So I went back to solarian and probably jammed another square peg into a round hole.

When in doubt, play a melee soldier-solarion. There's also the Blitz combat style I think which specializes in both ranged and melee attacks?

Or perhaps, being that he's a clone, an Evolutionist or Nanocyte might fit better than Solarion?

Evolutionist is a bit more wild than I like for this character. I might refit to primary melee. I had originally picked bullet hail so I could use heavy weapons one handed, but that is really too far away. Maybe keep the heavy weapon for anti viechle and anti power armor.

You can, I mean, I don't mind if you play a ranged character, I would just make some changes to my character so that I'm not getting pulverized in melee, lol.

Back
Top Bottom