Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Horizons of the Vast - OOC thread

ShadowPlay

Star
kFgkN4t.jpg

Well this is the Horizons of the Vast OOC thread and it's vastly out of character

50 credits/month

Charter Details​
NameCortexiaSize1Unrest0Event Chance15%
Patron TypeExperimentalMax. Item Level4
PatronZenniledie LabsResource DiceThreshold #1
Initial FocusAestheticsResource PointsSettlement Dice0d41d60d80d100d120d20
Trait Scores
AccordCultureEconomyMagicTechnologyFree Points
Base10101Base2
Charter Patron Bonus00001Patron1
Charter Patron Penalty00-100Spent3
Charter Focus Bonus01000Remaining0
Charter Project Bonus00000
Settlement Project Bonus00000
Total Score11002
Projects
Notes should include Hex Location
Charter ProjectsBenefit 1Benefit 2Benefit 3NotesSettlementsDieStep
NameLocationd62
Completed ProjectsBenefit 1Benefit 2Benefit 3Notes

Last edited:
We are starting with a few things that have to be decided out of character before starting.

First you have to decide on your sponsor for the New Horizon project.

There are five choices:

AbadarCorp (Grant): As usual, AbadarCorp is throwing money at the situation. You might be AbadarCorp employees doing their god's work and civilizing the wilderness, or godless folk hired for their expertise with promises of a rich reward at project's end.​
Starfinder Society (Exploration): The Starfinder Society wants to know of any mysteries on this new planet. You are likely agents of the Society, drawn from its diverse ranks and set off exploring for knowledge and glory.​
Veskarium (Expansion): Perhaps this new system could eventually be the next part of the Veskarium? You might be loyal patriots of the Veskarium claiming this charter for their home, or outsiders sent to settle under promise or threat. You might even be former Veskarium prisoners, put to work on Project: Horizon in exchange for commutation of your sentences.​
Xenowardens (Conservation): The Xenowardens are interested in being in tune with the natural environment. You likely share the organization's views or have something to gain from working with them, such as access to natural resources.​
Zenniledie Labs (Experimental): Zenniledie Labs is a medium-sized Triaxian corporation founded and run by the silver dragon Zenniledie, who seeks a cure for the draconic disease that killed their mate. As scientists, you are part of their grand research project. You might be researchers in the draconic CEO's employ, employees whose skills make them well-suited to charter management, or sympathetic souls moved by Zenniledie's plight.​
Each of the five options have different starting benefits, and some events in the game will depend on what you choose here - though, not one is better or worse than the others.

The rules for charter development are here:

Second I'd like you to consider what the initial focus of the charter should be and what bonus traits your charter should start with (step 3 and 4).

Third you could take a look at the downtime rules. There will be time when your characters are not doing any exploring and such where we want a long stretch of time to pass. If you want, you can use the downtime rules for that (but it's not mandatory if you don't want that hassle).

Hmm based on how I described my character, I think they may have slept their way into a sponsorship from Abadar's coffers. Does that make sense?

Yeah, either AbadarCorp for them having a deal with Leda's parent company, or perhaps the Xenowardens so that the parent company can carve a small part out of where the conservationists want to keep nature safe sounds like it could work.

As for steps 3 and 4, I think Aesthetics could make sense for the party we seem to be concocting, but I'm really open to any of the options. It doesn't seem like we have a strong base of magic, from what I can tell, so focusing on that might be a bad idea. Perhaps focusing on Accord and either Economy or Tech might be a good idea? Not too sure.

Okay hopefully the character profile was good ^.^ couldn't figure out how to format the image to be to the left of the table, lol.

Being a doctor, Estelle obviously is partial to the Zenniledie Labs as our charter, but AbadarCorp can still make sense for her if you guys think that's best. She's a bit low on money so she would have incentive to seek them out, but long-term I think Zenniledie Labs might have more benefits, especially speaking from a story perspective.
Technology and Economy are likely her favored ones to focus on initially.

Went ahead and fixed it. I also just read through the whole Charter rules page because why not.

I also just read through the whole Charter rules page because why not.
Great. I haven't used those rules. However they look a lot like the rules from the first edition Kingmaker. I see a few weaknesses in those rules, but nothing serious. And nothing to warrant me to change anything.

For a sponsor, I could Abadar or Zenniledie as being ones that could snag Cayden. Either money and fame from Abadar, or Zenniledie as he's a fairly modified human.

If we wanted a pre-existing relationship, Estelle could be the doctor who worked on Cayden, in exchange for the femboy helping with her...urges?

For a sponsor, I could Abadar or Zenniledie as being ones that could snag Cayden. Either money and fame from Abadar, or Zenniledie as he's a fairly modified human.

If we wanted a pre-existing relationship K-Fox, Estelle could be the doctor who worked on Cayden, in exchange for the femboy helping with her...urges? If you're not interested in that happening with them before the game, no worries.

Last edited:
I do like that idea actually! I would like to wait and see the details of our final party member before we commit to that though, if that’s alright.

Zenniledie could be a swing option for Leda since it'd be good PR for the parent company, and they'd be more than happy to take land that Zenniledie hopefully isn't going to contest since they're looking for something in specific.

I must say that I'm very impressed with you all. You've managed to create very interesting characters and I feel a good vibe about this RP. While I finish up on the first IC post and the last character is added to the character profile thread, I have two questions I'd love some feedback on:

1. How do you feel about player character death?
  2. As there seems to be a deficit of poles and an abundance of holes, does any of you want a pole equipped NPC dedicated to their own liking? (No need for exclusivity or anything - my NPCs are very broad-minded).

Also note that I will update the rules page at some point in the near future, adding more explanations and details.

1) I personally don't mind, if it happened to me, I would like the chance to rejoin with a new character. However, I'm not against the characters being functionally immortal but I would prefer there be some consequence for dying? Just because for me personally, if there's no risk of failure, it would seem like, why are we bothering to use an RPG system? We could just freeform it in that case.

2) I think that I and K-Fox are going to have a pre-established relationship, so I'm good.

I would like the chance to rejoin with a new chatacter
That goes without saying. If a character dies, you can make a new one to replace them.

I feel the same way when I'm a player. There should be some risk to the characters in one way or the other. The notion of immortal Mary Sue characters quickly becomes boring.

And one more thing I wanted to hear about:

I'd like to make the IC thread a NSFW thread. That way, we don't have to label the images that we insert into the RP. I tend to use image references from time to time and would like to be able to use the full range of images.
If any of you are adverse to this, then please say so.

As there seems to be a deficit of poles and an abundance of holes, does any of you want a pole equipped NPC dedicated to their own liking? (No need for exclusivity or anything - my NPCs are very broad-minded).

Since Mosos just posted their character sheet, I think we actually have 2 poles, 2 holes (Cayden technically has a pole, but he dun use it much.)

And I have no problem making the IC thread NSFW. I had assumed it would be already.

Since Mosos just posted their character sheet, I think we actually have 2 poles, 2 holes (Cayden technically has a pole, but he dun use it much.)
Yes I saw that. I don't know whey I had expected their character to be female :D

And I was counting on that for Cayden - that was why I asked.

Still my offer stands, if you want NPCs introduced for anything naughty, then let me know. Initially there'll be about 25 NPCs in the colony (and most of them will be available as potential sex partners), but it will quickly expand far beyond that.

I will put up the first IC thread within the next half hour.

If I had to guess, it's the name Ashria sounds more female than male?

Haha, if he heard you say that, he'd use it just to spite you. And then his partner's unsatisfying sexual encounter would be on your conscience! Muahahaha!

Eh, if Cayden doesn't sleep around, it's because the adventure kept him too busy, lol. Gotta get that popularity started somewhere.

@Mosos
Your character looks great. A combination of an angel and a space marine.

A few things about your sheet:
Resolve should be 4
Base save should be: +2 fortitude, +0 reflex, +2 will
You are missing one feat from level 1
Your solar weapon deals +3 damage (from strength)
I assume that you'll take care of equipment later :D
The skill that covers self-propelled flight (Ashria's wings) is acrobatics. You might want to switch a skill for that.
With that soldier fighting style - remember to bring a lot of ammo. Just saying.
Remember that you have the Black hole and Supernova stellar revelations from level 1

Let the chaos being.

As you might have seen, I took an executive decision to make the Zennelied Labs your sponsor. It seemed like most of you could live with that.

Also you have yet to decide the initial focus as well as the free points.

So far you have:

Accord: +0
Culture: +0
Economy: -1
Magic: +0
Technology: +1

You have three +1 bonuses to add as you wish (in addition to the initial focus).

Oh, @ShadowPlay, I was meaning to ask. As a Nanocyte, I can make things with my gear array. Can I make rope/cable, and if so, how much can I make? There didnt seem to be like, a standard amount when purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom