Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Horizons of the Vast - IC Thread (NSFW)

ShadowPlay

Star
kFgkN4t.jpg
Weydan system
In orbit around Weydan - 4
Abdius 21st, 324 AG
Long-range scans initiated by scientists of the Pact Worlds and the Veskarium working together recently detected a binary star system in the Vast that seems devoid of sentient inhabitants. They named it the Weydana system in honor of Weydan, the deity of discovery and exploration. With a variety of biomes and an abundance of natural resources, Weydana’s fourth planet was theorized to be an untouched utopia. The two governments of the Pact Worlds and the Veskarium created a joint effort called Project: Horizon with the vision of settling Weydana-4, or “New Harmony,” and harvesting its resources. They divided the most lucrative portions of the planet into charters, then sold the charters to corporations and other wealthy entities with the promise that the governments would purchase any resources the charters worked to obtain. The patrons holding the charters needed hardy explorers to extract the planet’s resources and prepare the land for long-term habitation.

To that purpose, the Zenniledie Labs had hired four very skilled individuals to lead this effort. It was the somewhat well known human singer Cayden Vellewyn, the android journalist Leda, the tieflind doctor Nevautu and the aasimar ....

They had just over ten thousand square miles to make their own, and the opportunities seemed boundless.

KZocaoX.jpg
To help the would-be explorers, managers and leaders of the future colony, getting the first settlement started, a large ship had been prepared and launched. The Burnished Dawn was a Compent Star Settler. The Compiler Enterprises Star Settler was a versatile and spacious transit ship designed in line with that company's aim of helping civilization spread to uninhabited worlds. Slow and ungainly, as its anacite builders did not particularly see the need for hurry, a Star Settler came fitted with life-support systems to carry breathing crews and ferry cargo with efficiency. Not much else in the way of comfort could be found on board.

A Star Settler was capable of long-term operation with minimal power and featured vast solar panels on its exterior that gathered enough energy to maintain basic functionality even in the darkest depths of space. It was also fitted with a Drift engine for when such long-term travel isn't practical. While not intended for combat by any stretch of the imagination, the Star Settler did possess armament for defense should the need arise. But the most interesting feature of the vessel was its modularity: though a Star Settler was too large to make landfall on a planet, it could be broken down into individual pieces in orbit to provide ready-made structures for settlers to inhabit and use.

The Burnished Dawn, looked more like a flying cube than an actual spaceship.

To help the management team, a small cache of equipment had been made available.
For each member of the group, the Zenniledie Labs had provided:

And for the whole team, the following was provided:

Now the Burnished Dawn had finally arrived in orbit around Weydana-4. It had been a long trip through the Drift to get there, but the Burnished Dawn and accompanying fleet had finally arrived at their new home, laden with construction materials, food, data scans, and, of course, the settlers who number just over two dozen people. The chief advisor to the management team, assigned by the Zenniledie Labs, Erizand Shyre, met with them on the bridge of the Burnished Dawn as its orbit took them above the slice of land they had been assigned. Scans had shown that a rainstorm recently swept through, likely leaving it washed clean and glistening with dew.

GJLo1W2.jpg
Erizand Shyre, the advisor hired by the charter's patron, the Zenniledie Labs, tapped one of his crutches lightly to draw the crew's attention. He gave a wide smile before speaking. "A great place for a new home, isn't it? I've just correlated the local survey data to find the best sites for our initial settlement. There are three, actually, and the final choice will be yours." The young man pulled up a rough overland map on his datapad. It had very little on it—filling in those details would be a task for later—but three sites glowed with green circles. Erizand continued, "This one at the forest's edge will have lots of timber and game, but no easy access to minerals. This lakeshore site has access to fish and minerals in the lake's banks, but it's far from timber. This mountain pass here is close to several mineral deposits but could be short on game. Everyone's eager to land and start offloading. Where will it be?"

Last edited:
Estelle Nevautu.jpg
Estelle sauntered her way onto the ship's bridge, her light blue skin playing off of the artificial lights quite nicely before sunlight from the front view screen drowned out all other sources. The Tiefling was wearing a jumpsuit over her tight Second Skin armor, the latter hardly visible as it matched her tone exactly. The front of her jumpsuit was unzipped about a third of the way down just to tease enough to her own liking as she looked out the window and smiled at the sight of New Harmony.

Now out of the corridor, her demon-like wings flexed a little and she drew up step next to Erizand. Her tail whipped around the opposite side of the man, over his shoulder until the tip rested on the datapad screen, pointing at the map right next to the lake.

"I for one think a lakeside view could be quite lovely, Mr. Shyre." She smiled, clearly meaning it as a suggestion if the rest of the crew felt strongly otherwise.

"Any dangers, however? Has the scan picked up anything we might need to know about?" She said as her tail whipped back and she stepped away from him, to the window and gazed out at the planet below.

bHnDGTU.jpg

As Estelle asked about any dangers the scans might have picked up there was a deep bwong noise that crashed into a console near them, but did no damage, Then another hit above them. There were a few more until the clack of heeled boots met them in the meeting room. "S-Sorry I'm late, I was uh...improving re-bwong-lations with the settlers, and one of their -bwong- dongles dingled with its dangle." The cute, feminine voice of the androgynous singer tried to get out between sonic blasts. Luckily, they could only hurt living things, so as long as he aimed at the wall, nothing would get damaged.

"M-Mind helping me out. Doc? Should be able to -bwong- fix it externally." He asked sweetly, lifting his head up to expose his neck for her to grab, and to point his malfunctioning through at the ceiling to again, minimize damage. It wouldn't be the first time she'd choked him in public, but it might be the most clothed they'd both been for it.

Leda.jpg
Leda had been on the bridge for a while, ignoring most things as she looked over the kit she was provided, and her own gear she'd hastily bought as her parent company, Ansuz Eridani, had only told her they'd greenlit her idea to be allowed onto the charter. Her drone's camera (and not to mention more than a few of her company's) caught an annoyed expression as she looked between the clothes, mess kit, and lighter that had Zenniledie logo emblazoned on it, right next to matching items - save for the clothes she was wearing - that had an emblem from Ansuz Eridani. She didn't want to favor one group over the other and just decided she'd keep her company's clothes with the lighter from Zenniledie clearly visible as she looked up when Erizand made himself known and asked for landing spots.

The android sat up from where she'd been idling and walked over as Estelle, the doctor, was making her suggestion. Compared to the more suggestive jumpsuit and second skin wardrobe the Doctor was sporting, Leda had a much more casualwear, some leggings with a logo down the thigh and a simple shirt that bares her midriff with Ansuz Eridani written on the back. About to speak up herself, she stops as she hears a strange noise, turning to see Cayden walk in, seemingly having a problem with one of his cybernetics. She turns away and looks onto the screen, wanting to answer Erizand quickly "I think I agree with the Doctor. Timber is a bit of a hike away, but it's more than a little bit important to eat and drink. Can't build if nobody can eat..."

Turning back to the singer, she raises an eyebrow as it looks like he prepares to get choked. "Y'know Cayden, if this a, uh... consistent issue, I could take a look at your vocalizer. You clearly don't mind this fix, it seems, but I figure I should offer. I've had to look over some of my own repairs here and there, and this guy wasn't so simple." She taps her drone as it keeps its camera pointed at Cayden, offer hanging in the air.

“Tsk, tsk…” Estelle clicked her tongue at Cayden as he entered with a half-assed explanation of certain… activities… causing his Sonic Vocalizer to malfunction. She feigned a look of disapproval, but it was easy to tell she was just playing.

“Such a naughty boy… Remember what I’ve told you the last time something like this happened, you need to take better care of your hardware.” She put extra emphasis on the word hardware as she crossed her arms under her bust, lifting her breasts in the jumpsuit slightly. She looked to Leda as the android spoke, and smiled again at the femboy.

“Such a good point, though! Either of us could give it a permanent fix but… I feel like you enjoy having it repaired the old fashioned way.” Her sharp canines showed as the tiefling bit her lower lip. She didn’t want to lay it on too thick, though, given they had an immediate job to attend to, opting to slide behind the femboy. Her graceful surgeon’s hands lightly ran over his cheek with the slightest caress before she pushed her fingers further down and into the flesh of Cayden’s neck. As a slight *pop* sounded, anyone who wasn’t the wiser might have assumed she just crushed his windpipe, but instead she gently released her hands, and slowly turned her attention back to Erizand how that their singer friend was no longer as much of a distraction.

Cayden let out a few more blasts as the two talked about him and how they could give him a more permament fix than choking him out. Before he could really reply the large tiefling was behind him. Even with his three inch glowing pink heels, she still had another three inches on him. Her arms slipped around him and grasped his neck, his thick rump pressing against her groin. He gave a strangled moan of definitely lewd pleasure as she reoriented the trigger sensors of his implanted weapon.

Sadly, they separated again, and so he decided to make sure his throat was okay. "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, slam ya body down and zig-a-zig-ah!" He sang quickly, smiling. "Thanks Doc, you're the best!" He said with a giggle.

OIG (2).jpg
Ashria studied the scene playing out before him carefully, pretending to be asleep under his helmet. The knight-errant had tensed up when the tiefling doctor had grabbed the entertainer, instinctively transforming his solar mote into a glowing yellow sword. As the entertainer let out a sound that clearly signaled he was in no danger, Ashria quickly dissipated his sword praying no one had noticed his own embarrassing display. The warrior returned to pretending to be asleep, while watching the others glad his helmet covered the red tinge of embarrassment marring his golden skin. He had hoped they would have picked a more defensible position, but their point about building the colony with ready access to food and water was undoubtably a higher priority.

The chief advisor, Erizand, watched and listened to the troubles and travails of Cayden. It sounded like the femboy had experienced a deepthroating incident. And he wondered who the hot guy, that was now his boss, had been playing with. Was it one of the four Engellos sisters, those half orc futas were quite hot and didn't hide that their pants held a bit extra. Or was it one of the Hardhoofs? The nuar futa and her husband were both quite large and bulging out in more ways than one. Or had it been someone else? For the same reason, a part of him wanted to know who it had been, and part of him didn't. He tried to hide his petty jealousy away and focus on the things that mattered.

Erizand looked at the four of them, even the not so sleeping knight. "So you are saying we go for the lakeside location?" He asked to make sure that he had understood their reasoning. "I, for one, won't complain that the terrain will be more level." He said with a smile, nodding at his crutches.

Last edited:
"You are very welcome, cutie. I just hope you had fun!" She smiled and nodded at Cayden briefly, turning her attention to Erizand when he began to speak asking for confirmation. Estelle looked down at his crutches as he tapped them, and her smile turned into more that of concern. It wasn't hard to tell she genuinely felt bad for him.

"Affirmative sweatheart, we'll set things in motion by the lakeside. I wouldn't mind a view of the water while we work... and speaking of work..." Her feet carefully tapped on the floor plates as she strutted right in front of the advisor. Her eyes roamed mostly his legs, though weren't shy about occasionaly glancing elsewhere, as it seemed she was taking mental measurements.

"...if it's something that's on the table, I'm sure I could set you up with a brand new cybernetic leg in the near future. It is my specialty after all." She winked again at him before walking over to one of the open lockers near the aft of the bridge. Inside it was laid out the supplies that were up for grabs for the charter leaders on their initial expedition. Naturally knowing she was the most proficient with both medical knowledge and cooking, Estelle gently lifted her dufflebag from under the table and placed the Self-Heating Pot inside, as well as two each of the Antitoxins, Antibiotics, and Healing Serums.

I will be adding those to Estelle's sheet, unless another character immediately objects. She doesn't need the medkit since her Microlab functions as one anyway, plus its good to spread that out to someone else in case she gets separated or something.

Cayden sauntered over to look at the map with the others, getting right up close with Ezriand. He could tell something about what had just happened with himself had put the advisor off, and he didn't want that getting in the way of his possible fame and stardom. "Remember, you're a settler too. Any time you need to...improve relations with me, you know my comm signal~" He said with a giggle.

"I also agree about the waterfront property. Music vids with swimsuits are way more popular right now." The singer said as he bent over the map to look at it in a way that was definitely showing off his rump on purpose.

As Cayden's vocalizer is fixed and Erizand confirms the location, Leda nods. "Seems a good place to set down, and if it's even land, all the better." Watching as Estelle picks up a few items for herself, the android looks over the assortment of items, as well as her own gear. She was already pretty much near capacity of what she could carry. She picks up the binoculars, looking to the others. "Unless anyone objects, I'm gonna be grabbing these, and then perhaps one each of the antitoxin, antibiotics, and healing serums. I'm not altogether too worried for disease and poisons, but they still can affect me."

Leda looks with a frown at the medkit and sighs. "If it weren't so heavy, I'd take the medkit, too. I doubt I can hold a candle to the good Doctor, but I've patched myself up here and there, and can use it..." She shrugs and moves on, piling the binoculars and one each of the antitoxin, antibiotics, and healing serum. She looks to the others for the rest of the allocation as she turns back to her pack, trying to make room and organize it for the upcoming journey.

"I could carry it for you if you wish." Ashria offers in an effort to be helpful. "Having an extra medic in case something goes terribly wrong is a good idea." The armored figure removes his own weapon from its storage, excited to be off the ship and able to fly around once more. He had spent the trip staring longingly at pilot's seat of the ship from behind his helmet. "I am afraid I am not very skilled outside of battle, but I am good at carrying things."The knight continued flatly, as though stating an obvious fact.

"I would feel more comfortable if I could fly over the landing zone myself before we make planetfall. In case there is anything the scanners missed." The thought of bringing so many unarmed colonists into an unknown land made Ashria uneasy, while Zenniledie Labs had claimed the planet was uninhabited Ashria couldn't help but think about all the times the scanners aboard the Sword of Valor had been incorrect. The warrior gripped his weapon tighter wishing he had granted a personal drop pod for this mission.

Erizand smiled at Cayden. "That is a most generous offer Mr. Vellewyn." But his tone was professional, and whatever had surfaced in a moment of weakness before, was repressed now. He was a young man of staunch principles and a high moral compass. He'd never use his position to gain unfair advantages or to put himself in an awkward position to his bosses

The red haired advisor turned to the rest of the team. "Alright. We will land near the lake. I will start the preparations for the descent towards the planet." He moved towards one of the consoles and tapped a few inputs into the computer. "It will take us a few hours before we touch down. Have you thought of a name for the first settlement? Perhaps something to make it feel like a new home?" He said.

The Burnished Dawn began to disassemble in orbit around Weydan - 4. A few parts of it would remain in orbit for now, while the rest would be sent down to the surface in incremental steps. The management team would be on the first part of the ship that would touch down on the planet. The ship was designed to land on the planet and be broken up into modules that would function as the first shelters and various other parts of the new colony.

The process was mostly automated, but still there was a bustling activity among the settlers on the ship. Everyone was looking forward to finally landing on the planet after almost a full month in transit.

“I can’t believe it, I’m actually getting quite excited after so long preparing!” Estelle exclaimed as she stored her duffle bag in another locker for landing procedures, all the items she wanted now set inside it accordingly.

Almost as if to prove the fact she was getting quite excited, there was a visible bulge now poking at the fabric of her jumpsuit in her nether regions… nothing too egregious at this point, but noticeable. Given it wasn’t actually sexual in nature, it hardly showed her true ability to become incredibly hard when it was fully aroused. She’d been known to burst through fabric if her urges weren’t satisfied quickly.

“How about… Cortexia. As the word cortex implies a central nexus, and a little flavor to make it roll off the tongue nicely.” Estelle suggested as she jaunted down into the science officer’s seat on the bridge and began buckling in the straps, being dainty as to not smoosh her ample breasts too hard.

She pressed the access button for the ship-wide comms, a slight tone ringing to alert a crew announcement was being made.

SHIP-WIDE: “Would you all please be sweethearts and remember to buckle in properly… I really would hate to have to set another broken bone before we even get started.”

"Not sure I believe that, if you really liked my offer, your pants would be down and you'd be using my ass as a landing pad." Cayden said, those soft lips tutting the advisor for not having the initiative to take what he wanted. "Cortexia sounds like a good name to me. Flashy enough for my tastes." He said as he moved away from his latest failed conquest.

Those heeled boots strolled over to his seat as he got buckled in next to Estelle and looked at her groin. "Are okay, Doc?" He asked sweetly, wanting to make sure she wasn't under any biological distress.

“Better than ever, darling.” She smiled at him while taking a glance at the ship’s life support readout, making sure everything was within safe limits.

“But if that’s a proposition, I’ll gladly take a reservation for later.” She said with a wink.

Erizand gave Cayden a smile with his white teeth. "I'm sorry to say Mr. Vellewyn. That wouldn't be professional of me to do. And as you might guess, with legs like these - and a body like this, most activities of that kind are rather difficult and can downright painful." It didn't seem like he was regretting this however. He had learned to live with the fact that he was severely physically limited. His hope was to one day earn enough to be able to afford the full augmentation to leave the damaged legs and spine behind. Even if it meant that he'd have to give up a large part of his body to mechanical parts.

a325c37de66fe2c36390b18aae211f45.jpg
The disassembled Burnished Dawn that began to approach the surface of the planet, would not only get them to their new home, but also serve as the settlement's first few prefabricated buildings. The vessel's bridge would function as a single-use shuttlecraft during the process, and it would serve as the party's lodgings once it touched down. The crew and passengers of the small fleet engaged in a flurry of activity as they prepared to land.

After almost an hour of descending the shuttle finally touched down.

The view from the shuttle was amazing. To see the untouched lands below with trees stretching off in the distance and mountains perching toward the sky, was majestic. The enormous, glittering lake was a beautiful jewel of the area.

The remains of the rainstorm that passed some hours ago, could still be seen in the horizon as it drifted further and further from the charter.

The craft finally settled down on the ground. It was the first time that they had been on planet for over a month and the crew cheered as the engines of the shuttle finally stopped. The bay doors to the shuttle opened and the fresh, moist air of the lakeside area, filled the shuttle. Erizand, leaning on his crutches, said. "As you four are the leaders of this charter, I think you should have the honor of being the first to set foot on what will one day become Cortexia."

In the back of her mind, Estelle silently swore to herself that she would one day get the resources to fix Erizand. More than a doctor’s oath, she was deeply empathetic to other’s hardships and this man who was to be their advisor was no different.

As the doors opened and natural sunlight filtered in, not as blinding and harsh as it was in the cold vacuum, Estelle unbuckled herself and strutted over to the exit. On the way, her hips swayed a little extra, the bounce in her step causing her boobs to jiggle a little more than normal.

At the bottom of the ramp, one of her boots softly set down into the earth below. Taking a few steps out, she briefly plucked a bulb of the grass-like plants under her and placed it in her microlab to ensure it wasn’t toxic or harmful in any way.

“Stunning…” Is all she could muster to say. Dr. Nevautu wasn’t really a chatterbox but her silence through the ordeal spoke to how spiritual this sensation was for her.

If needed I can make a Life Science check here. Estelle is using her microlab to test the plants, as well as sampling the air and the moisture in the air to check if anything is off.

Cayden froze up in his somewhat bitchy walk-away at Ezriand's final retort. "I-uh...I'm sorry, that was rude of me." Cayden said apologetically as he was caught being kind of ugly to their advisor.

The pink haired singer nodded and followed his MommyDoc off of the ship, pressurizing his lungs with his nanites just in case he had to hold his breath and pull them both back inside due to a bad atmosphere. He released it fairly quickly though when it seemed his other crewmates weren't having any issues.

"I know, but the planet is lovely too." He said playfully as he took a look around for himself, taking in the exotic landscape. Having been born and spent most of his life aboard spacecraft either with his family or Estelle, this was quite the sight for Cayden. An almost childlike wonder at the alien world shone in his eyes.

Ashria remained quiet, letting the others enjoy their moment without interruption. As he stepped off the loading platform he sprang into the air, spreading his wings for the first time in months. He gained altitude until he was flying over the disassembled Burnished Dawn, and scanned the area for any signs of hostility.

(Perception check?)

As their as-of-yet silent companion offers to take hold of the medikit, Leda would nod her assent, giving him a small smile. "Thanks! I hope we're not separated when it comes to using the thing, but this should work out for us just fine!" Perhaps the android was worried, but even without sapient life, things have gone wrong. As nice as a place can look from the outside veneer, the inner workings may very well be dangerous. She was stuck in her own soliloquy as Estelle came up with the name, but as she calls over the speakers and Cayden remarks on it, Leda nods her assent, but has little to say for it. the cameras are more than happy to eat up all the stuff going on around her as she was busy hyping herself up for what would surely be an interesting voyage.

Keeping her eyes focused on what they were landing on, Leda watches as the almost picturesque landscape gets closer and closer. As Cayden himself for what could very well be a less-than-ideal atmosphere, Leda simply walked out with Estelle, without such worries. She's got a big smile beaming on her face as she takes a seat on a patch of relatively level ground, the mass of cameras separating from her to get wide shots, her own drone doing the same. The android taps into the feed as Ashria rises up. "In case you were worried, we did not just land in the most picturesque section of this planet, the rest of it's just as breathtakin'."

After a few moments of rest, Leda stands and moves over to Estelle, who is getting busy checking out the wildlife. "You findin' anything interesting, doc?"

As the new explores of the pristine world was about to take more than their first step onto the new world or spreading their wings in the new air, the damp smell of fresh soil met their nostrils. Under their feet the soft soil felt good and relaxing. This was a good place, a good place to start a new home. It was a serene setting that was meeting their eyes. In the distance a snow peaked mountain range could be seen. The beautiful lake next to the landing site was stretching off into the horizon, the farthest side of the lake was so far away that it was now hidden by the curvature of the planet.

But the calm didn't last long. The tremors and disturbance of the landing shuttle had disturbed some of the local inhabitants. Suddenly, from the ground, burst six dog-sized creatures. They seemed to possess some sort of exoskeleton and had large front claws for burrowing. These Molebeetles seemed to have been sent into a frenzy by the landing craft and attacked the new settlers.

molebeetle.png

Initiative:

24 - Leda
19 - Ashria
13 - Beetles
10 - Estelle
9 - Cayden

welcomeWagon1.png

You should all declare your actions and roll dice, as per the rules. You don't need to wait for your turn to do so. Once all actions have been declared and dice rolled, I will summarize the round with the results of your rolls as well as what your opponents does.

You can either fight these creatures or encourage the settlers to fight them. As a move-action you can use Diplomacy or Intimidate to have the settlers attack a random beetle.

[ d20+4 = 9 ] Initiative Cayden
[ d20+5 = 24 ] Initiative Leda
[ d20+3 = 19 ] Initiative Ashria
[ d20+3 = 10 ] Initiative Estelle
[ d20+3 = 13 ] Initiative Molebeetles

About to respond to Leda, Estelle would be drawn to the danger immediately approaching. As the creatures erupted from the ground, Estelle shouted to her group: "Don't shoot just yet!"

She pulls her wings in close to her back and crouches low, only making slow movements. One hand retrieves from her bag a nutrient bar from her rations, while the other rested on the hilt of her caustoject. She attempted to outstretch her hopefully non-threatening treat to the insectile creatures, hoping silently that her comrades would hold their fire for a moment.

"Hey, hey, hey- easy there... we're not here to hurt you."

That first part is Estelle taking a free action to speak briefly before Leda's turn, though since the beetles are before Estelle in initiative its alright if this doesn't pan out. She will be making a Survival check to Handle an Animal (DC = 10 + 1-1/2 × CR of animal).

Survival Roll: Total 13

Last edited:
"I love you Doc, but I like, really doubt that's gonna work..." The femboy commented as they were rushed by the insectile foes. He creates his pretty and deadly whiplike weapon before spurring the settlers to help them.

"Anyone who kills one gets a private dance from me!" He called out cheerfully to the currently sieged settlers.

This post assumes that since Cayden is such a bottom it even applies to the initiative order, the bugs are in melee with at least him and Estelle by the time he gets to go. Cayden has the Coordinated Shot feat.

Cayden will spend a move action to conjure his pink Infinity Lash.

He will then make a Diplomacy check to spur the settlers on to victory. Result = 13

Always having an eye out for potential danger from her vast and varied experiences, Leda quickly notices that some assailants were making their way to the ship, and calls as much out.

"We've got company!"

The android was used to such things being the case, and she quickly pulls her pistol free from its holster, and looks ready to zero in on the closest beetle, but she notices that the doctor had another plan. One that, frankly, seemed a bit unlikely to work, so she remains at the ready to attack should any of these beetles attack anyone.

Move Action: Draw Tactical Semi-Auto Pistol.
Standard Action: Ready an Action, Trigger is to shoot the first enemy that attacks any allies or other settlers.
Results if triggered: 16 to Hit for 5 Piercing damage.

Back
Top Bottom