Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, sorry I've been out of the loop. This week was a monster at work. Will hopefully be getting caught up soon.

What about their superior hiding skills?

Stealth tech with the ability to hide an entire civilisation. Nah ... as interesting a concept that may be it is not for this setting.

Last time we had this going we did add a plant based intelligent hybrid life form in the Next Gen portion and there was talk of some kind of bronze age level reptilian tribe but none that came into actual play. We also added in other alien life forms that arrived on Neomenia more or less for the same basic reason the colonists arrived there, through a crash, but in the end Neomenia never had an indigenous higher civilisation.

I thought there was talk of a relatively primitive race that was just really good at camouflaging themselves (after all, if they're reptilian, they might have chameleon-like traits) but if you'd prefer they be alone there that's fine too. Perhaps Nate's new friend had ancestors that were domesticated by the people that built the ruins, and the creatures never really "lost" the docile nature that their former caretakers brought out of them.

I thought there was talk of a relatively primitive race that was just really good at camouflaging themselves (after all, if they're reptilian, they might have chameleon-like traits)

This was discussed in a previous instance of this setting. I am not saying it is entirely impossible this time around but nothing has, as far as I am aware, been decided either way.

Perhaps Nate's new friend had ancestors that were domesticated by the people that built the ruins, and the creatures never really "lost" the docile nature that their former caretakers brought out of them.

Quite plausible. I also think that our resident vet might want to check out the pet and see what can be learned.

Hi All,

It's finally the weekend, the weather sucks today, so it should be a great day to get some writing in. I'm going to work on my journal posts for week 2 and hopefully spark some interest in story ideas with some of you.

I hope everyone is well. I know things have slowed down but I don't think that is necessarily bad given many of our schedules.

Lea

Lovely Journal Entries @LeaT there are certainly some interesting stuff to work with in there.

I will hopefully get some summary Journal Entries up for Week 1 either tonight or tomorrow.

As the person who formerly played that character, you can be as curious as you like, Bloomie, I'm downright concerned, lol.

But in all seriousness, I look forward to Lea's spin on him.

IC works for me.
I was thinking since Charles got such a late start he is likely the last cock the twins will have to conquer. Maybe they come looking for him?

Everyone,

I have laid out quite a few ideas but am still open to others, so please feel free to suggest any scenes you would like to play out with or including any of my characters. Looking forward to week 2!

Apologies work has been crazy this past week. Doesn't look like it's slowing down at all. Posts incoming.

Also. I've been dealing with some mental health issues which is why I am behind with my posts and general activity on here, but it is getting better by the day and I am hoping to be caught up by the weekend, or at least by the end of it.

I totally get that this would be hardwired into his military education but since they are stranded and will have to build a colony from scraps I think that rule will not apply for very long.
It's actually more along the lines of "don't introduce elements into an alien environment until their effects on it are better understood", which should be something that all of the colonists would have been taught.

It's actually more along the lines of "don't introduce elements into an alien environment until their effects on it are better understood", which should be something that all of the colonists would have been taught.

Hmmm ... I just had a really weird idea.

Now what if, let's say a few drops of Nate's semen missed the tissues and somehow "impregnated" a seed that has lain dormant for who knows how long, and the next time the colonists arrive at the ruins to explore them more thoroughly (which of course they will) they find a large vine like plant with large pumpkin like pods. Maybe one of these pods have opened up slightly as if it was ready to burst open the say some seed pods do except in this case it doesn't contain seeds, nor is it a seed pod but more like a cocoon.

I think @LeaT and some of the others who were along for the NextGen portion of our previous attempt at this story knows where I am going with this.

Back
Top Bottom