Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I'd say go ahead, each can decide if they want to start adding it to their writing or wait for week 3.

I do apologies for being slow in replying and to everyone that's waiting for a response. It's been one thing after another at work.

@LeaT Just gently reminding you that I offered to get the ball rolling on either a Mia scene or a Lea one.
If you have an idea for Mia, I'll follow your lead.

I am going to send Lea off to do some skygazing overnight for her dad, perhaps Nate would provide security for her and we see where it goes.

If you have an idea for Mia, I'll follow your lead.

I am going to send Lea off to do some skygazing overnight for her dad, perhaps Nate would provide security for her and we see where it goes.
Best to latch onto an existing idea than try to create one of my own at this point. Let me know when you're ready to begin :)

It might take me a day or two to get a start written. If you want to start a thread called 'Stargazing' or something like that, coming to collect Lea, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise, I'll write a start when I have time.

Hey folks, I added a thread where we can post broadcasts that colonists put out to everyone at once. Separate from the talk show type thing that @Jack Stalker began, this is more of a formal announcement type deal. I apologize if I am stepping on anyone's toes here, and will remove it if needs be.

Hey folks, I added a thread where we can post broadcasts that colonists put out to everyone at once. Separate from the talk show type thing that @Jack Stalker began, this is more of a formal announcement type deal. I apologize if I am stepping on anyone's toes here, and will remove it if needs be.
We can see how it goes. Are you thinking it is something of an Emergency Broadcast System? It makes sense that the colony would have one but I think if you are trying to drive plot points with it, it should be its own thread. I would also rather we discussed our 'emergencies' before launching them.

Jack Stalker has related to me that they do not intend to continue and that I may handle his characters as I see fit. For Jason, I think it is easy to say he just headed out into the wilderness, leaving room for his character to return if he desires. Cara I think is more difficult, but not impossible, to explain away in this fashion. I think my first question is if anyone is interested in taking over the character. I think Cara is a neat concept and still open enough to leave someone room to make her their own. We could also just have her turn up missing and make a plot point out of it.

Any other thoughts?

No, not emergencies. More like just a general notice board type deal. And I'm not really trying to drive any plot points here, but if my post creates one, we may ride that dragon when we come to it.

Hoepfull I'll be back to writing soon. Been dealing with something here. I want to get back to writing.

I think my first question is if anyone is interested in taking over the character.

I think we should also consider this regarding the characters played by @apollo247 since I can't even remember when last I saw any activity from him. The same goes for @Aluora (I can easily take over if need be, as I am already playing her character's twin).

Cara I will have to read up on before considering it.

Also I would like to apologise for not having replied to any threads here for a while now but between life and the fact that we seem to have lost some important players has had me a bit down regarding this particular story. I really do hope it picks back up again with the new premise of Ana moving in with the Nyong'o-Robinson family.

I just got done with a hectic time at work and another round of covid, so I should be more free going forward.

It is great to hear from all of you recently and there are some great writers in what is left of our group. I think we have all been around long enough to know groups are hard to keep going.

We all seem to be slowing down and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, we are also all long term writers so I suggest we just plan on adjusting to our comfort level regarding pace.

We could pick up some of the missing characters, but we could also use some mysterious disappearances to launch a new plot line. Perhaps one that leads to the tentacle plant discussed earlier? I'm thinking that if its reproductive cycle incapacitates the victim, we would have the potential to bring them back.

We could also open up the search thread as we have a story mechanism for bringing in new characters.

Personally, if someone has a request to keep alive a character that is no longer being played, we could consider it. But I would focus on keeping our existing characters engaged together rather than taking on more but to each their own.

Meanwhile, I owe @Colonel_Liam a post as Khandi.

@MsBloom I was hoping you would follow @AndNich123 as Capheus in the Robinson Jupiter.

I also owe @captain_bond a post if he isn't sick of me being a beotch to him OOC.

I will try to get caught up by the weekend, but I too have had some hectic IRL issues but I appreciate your patience.

but we could also use some mysterious disappearances to launch a new plot line.

Considering they are all on a strange now world of which's dangers they know very little there are all manner of ways people could disappear. They could be taken by predators, fall down sink holes, get lost or decide to simply leave the colony due to conditions they find to be unfavourable (as you suggested Jason does for instance). Or we could simply mention them when needed as if they were still around but without them playing any significant roles in the story.

The way I see it much of the story has revolved around characters played by now absent players (or at least included them in a significant way). My main hang up is the inconclusive Exploring the Ruins thread but I suggest that myself and @captain_bond wrap that up through journal entries on Week 1 Day 7 since it is mostly concluded and just need that finishing touch of the explorers heading, and arriving, back home.

The same goes for Claiming the Twins. I think everyone gets the gist of it and I could do something on it in journal form to conclude it. That would at least wrap most of it up for me, enough to move into week 2.

@MsBloom I was hoping you would follow @AndNich123 as Capheus in the Robinson Jupiter.

I will. But please remind me if this was something we plotted ahead and if so what Capheus role in it would be? Also, would Ana be the only Mercer to seek refuge with the Nyong'o-Robinson family or will the girls also follow? Or is the plan for them all to turn on Lucas and have him banished from the colony? Perhaps even with Capheus' approval as it would remove what he might consider his biggest rival for dominance and leadership of the colony.

I probably won't write much tonight but I will start catching up tomorrow.

My big hang up now is finishing Elizabeth’s classroom scene. Otherwise I’m happy to fill in and finish up other roles.

We can always include new characters from escape pods or damaged Jupiter’s that took longer to land.

Could we advertise that we are looking for new members and use the damaged pods or Jupiter's in how they are found and come to the colony?

I will. But please remind me if this was something we plotted ahead and if so what Capheus role in it would be?
We only discussed the basic idea of a 3-way. I think the idea of scuttling the 'deal' between Capheus and Lukas would be an excellent motivator. Charles would facilitate based on Khandi's suggestion and to make sure Capheus doesn't get out of hand with Ana.
My big hang up now is finishing Elizabeth’s classroom scene. Otherwise I’m happy to fill in and finish up other roles.
If you need me to write a specific character to wrap up the scene I can help out there.

Back
Top Bottom