Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Trek Iliad ooc

east

Supernova
Honestly should have made this a while ago.

The important links:
the rp thread
Interest and co-ordination thread
character profiles

The current crew listing:

Captain - (Captain Nellis Keoh) east
acting 1st officer (Lt Commander Alexander Stephens) - Captain_Bond
2nd officer -
chief Tactical Officer -
chief medical officer (lt commander) -
chief science officer (Luitenant T'Vara) - Silverbird
-> Helmsman (Ensign Leata) LeaT
Acting Chief Engineer (P'rmess) - ChrisGabriel

Last edited:
Is the Athena's cargo bay empty? I mean, instead of that buggy from Nemesis which was clearly made for the script, not with a practical Starfleet purpose in mind, perhaps there might be some scanning equipment for helping out with tracking the Genesis device?

Is the Athena's cargo bay empty? I mean, instead of that buggy from Nemesis which was clearly made for the script, not with a practical Starfleet purpose in mind, perhaps there might be some scanning equipment for helping out with tracking the Genesis device?

Given @east 's self-described limits on posting, I don't think you want to wait for answers on details like this. It seems reasonable to assume the cargo bay contains reasonable equipment for scanning and furthering their mission, with an emphasis on reasonable.

@Silverbird I was gonna have Stephens hop in the copilot seat, but since my question has yet to be answered, I did not yet post. @east, any insight?

Seems the Vulcan beat you to it, but I'm sure we can find room for Stephens somewhere:)

Sorry, I was a little busy, I thought I had time this morning, and I was going to answer, but anyway, it's pretty reasonable to have some specialized equipment on board for detecting some cloaked ships.

also just to let y'all know what's up the central heater in my house died, and we found out the way it died flooded my home with co2 over the last two years, which really explains a lot about my long-term health issues, but has also just been a good amount of hell trying to clean it up.

Sounds rough but at least there is some good news and you should be feeling better at some point.

it's pretty reasonable to have some specialized equipment on board for detecting some cloaked ships.
Yeah, especially once you realize you can use the warp-capable shuttles to expand the search radius farther than the Odyssey is capable of by itself. But I'd probably use T'Vara's idea and scan for protomatter instead.

@east I believe the first post of this thread should be both stickied (i.e. made so it appears at the top of each page) and edited to reflect changes to who's participating in the RP. And is our new XO still in?

@east I believe the first post of this thread should be both stickied (i.e. made so it appears at the top of each page) and edited to reflect changes to who's participating in the RP. And is our new XO still in?

Very good point, roster has been updated, and I think i made it so it's now the top of each page. Admin powers are still new to me.

As for our new XO sadly they have stopped responding, and as much as I want new blood and people in the rp, I've been struggling to get time to actually sit down and write, because if my life isn't always on fire I forget who I am.

Honestly it's unfortunate, but factors outside of my life kinda meant that running an RP was impossible, I kept updates on my wall, and stuff, but it's been 3 days since the drama left, and I'm still cleaning! they trashed my house to the point where part of me wants to light it on fire! So unfortunately I have to take an L I don't think I can get things back up and running for a while.

You know what's been on my mind a lot lately?

the baffling choice to build the enterprise on land in earth, rather than in the dry dock in orbit above earth, or in utopia ship yards above mars, like that makes no sense right? it would take infinitely more manpower to build a ship under gravity than it would in the special built dry dock space yard that was manufacturing ships of the kelvin class above earth, and don't tell me the fucking Kelvin was built on earth, it has no landing struts, and it's crewed portion is wildly off balance from the rest of it, plus it's warp core is in the saucer section!

your telling me that this lop sided piece of shit

b42f99efe5e8f1e4-600x338.jpg

was built in a situation where they had to account for the gravity of a planet and then shot into space?

basically I have been thinking a lot about star trek lately. With strange new worlds being really good and releasing a musical episode, with lower decks coming back for a fourth season that I have been very excited for, and my life seemingly slowing down now that I have a steady job that I hate and is slowly killing me, I have been thinking a lot about star trek and the hopeful future it promises. One where apparently we all work for the betterment of ourselves and self actualization, and we don't kill each other over a piece of paper and plastic that tells us how much we are worth?

I also recently discovered that a sim I was a part of for five years recently died, and while my name and contributions to it were scrubbed from the documents and wiki a long time ago seeing the actual forum rp of Star Trek Theurgy shuttered made me really sad. Auctor Lucan will probably never see this, because he hated this site a lot, but that man taught me what it meant to be a dedicated host of a writing sim, and his art work for the theurgy class ship is beautiful and deserves love and attention. That ship was my home away from home for five years, and even though I was sent out the airlock I will always love them for what they created.

azure_nebula_repairs___star_trek__theurgy_by_auctor_lucan_db93c29-pre.jpg

the full gallery

I know there is one of you out there who is still interested in picking this up again, they sent me a message this morning, and honestly I would like to revive this as well.

I am waiting for my starship...

View attachment 31477

Just give us a good story.
me next month, I have a flight to go see my fiance, and potentially become a married man, So just a heads up there is gonna be a week in September where I won't be around but I'll get the warp core online ASAP, and get this thing moving again.

just for the heck of it I used an AI art generator to try and make Nellis (it is very good at making anime characters and I wanted to see what would happen.)

862810f5-32b9-436e-97ca-d2cde92d6b09.png

I did not tell the AI to make a harem. but honestly... very good for an AI

Back
Top Bottom